Amazon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017
4,153 Interview Reviews

3.2

4,153 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Interview process was fairly technical , with several coding examples to understand thought process....there were around 6 rounds of interview and one interview was over lunch. Interview team was very friendly and I find process very accepting .....

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was Phone Interview. The interviewer was very nice. The interviewer asked the common questions from the Software QA Engineer perspective. The interviewer was asking almost from all of the areas of Test Engineer, like java, Selenium WebDriver, API testing, etc.

Interview Questions

• Write the program for reverse the given string.
      Find first two number in the given array, which is equal to the given sum.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Had multiple calls with a ton of different recruiters. It felt unorganized and as if they were all trying to recruit me to different teams. A lot of overlap in the calls.

Did Amazon's online assessment and then was told that my code was good and they wanted to bring me on-site the following week. I told them I needed more notice than that and they scheduled me for July 25th and was told that the recruiter would reach out to be with more details regarding the on-site and travel in the next few days. A few days later, my im recruiter calls and informs me that they changed their mind and won't be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Standard impractical algorithm questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got this opportunity through a recruiter from my previous applications. Initially scheduled a call with recruiter for 15 mins discussing background and experiences and then a technical phone screen interview was schedule for 45 mins -1 hr.
    The technical interview was pretty easy and all basic Data Structures and Algorithmic questions along with test cases to test your solution. Waiting for a call made a very silly mistake in the BST question, fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• 1.Given sides of a triangle write a function which could say it is equilateral , isosceles or scalene. Give Test data for the solution you give
      2.Write a program to find Max Depth of a BST. Give test data for the same.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter for a Software Engineer position for Amazon Prime, we exchanged information including the fact that I am based in Europe and I do not have an H1B visa, then I passed the first phone interview and immediately he contacted me saying he wants me to fly over in Seattle for the final interview when the issue of visa was again raised and he acted surprised when I told him I don't have one. After that he went silent for two weeks and sent me an email saying that "the team decided to move forward with other candidates".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Initially a recruiter approached me through LinkedIn and later a phone interview was setup in a few. Telephonics interview was about 90 mins. Since I was focusing on firmware and not software development I couldn't do well. But the question was easy.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience in the past   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Called out of the blue, asked if I'd be interested in interviewing. Still not entirely sure how they got my name. Had first phone interview the next week, asked no personal questions, all technical in nature. Total of 3 phone interviews and an in-person trip out to Seattle.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. Got an online assessment for debugging some codes and solving some puzzles. Then got a second online assessment for work simulation and four coding questions. Then was invited to attend the group interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter, as well as through an employee referral. Emailed back and forth with the recruiter. Scheduled a phone call which the recruiter had to cancel last minute. Took the online assessment and passed the included test cases. The recruited sent me a couple emails saying things were looking good and they would get back to me with next steps ASAP. Then two days of no contact. I emailed them and got a response back an hour later that they were not moving forward with me due to not meeting their standard for the online assessment. No feedback was given as to how why or what the deficiencies with the code may have been. Unsure if I should have completed it faster, or used more time to do more refactoring, or if they didn't like my choice of language (no instructions indicated any of these were or were not factors that would be taken into consideration).

Interview Questions

• Online assessment including writing a short algorithm to compute a sore in a fictional game and another challenge around manipulating multi-dimensional arrays.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process consisted of the following parts:
    Online assessment (20 min code debugging section, 35 min reasoning ability section)
    Online assessment (2 coding problems, 70 minutes total)
    Phone interview (mostly technical questions)