Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had an on-site round:
    Section 1: Debugging round
    Section 2: Logical reasoning
    Section 3: 2 coding questions

Applied on Amazon careers site and received a mail from a recruiter for an on-site screening round after about 15 days.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions from top 50 questions in programcreek with a little modification.   1 Answer

Intern - Monthly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

All I did was take the assessment and they gave me an offer a couple of days later. However, it took them several months to even reach out to me to offer me the assessment in the first place.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to complete a simple debugging questions along where you fix simple code. Then a logical reasoning section that is very straightforward. The next section is a 70 min section where you have to write two programs, I was just under prepared about would be able to do well on it after having seen what I needed to prep for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Davis, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It is a expedited program. Amazon gave first interview on campus, it is a exam-like interview, with students gathered in a classroom and do the OA on our own laptops. It lasts about 3 hrs. There are 3 results of the first interview: get the offer, get the phone interview or get refused.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in early October, got an assessment in early January. Pretty standard 7 debugging questions and a logical reasoning portion. Passed this assessment and moved on to the coding portion. Got two problems with 70 minutes to solve. Both were around easy level on a site like LeetCode. After this I moved on to a final round phone interview. Interviewer was pleasant and on time. Got emailed 3 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your best achievements on a project in the past?   19 Answers

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. Applied through employee referral and got a short test sent to me within a few weeks. The first test was a quick logic test with both word problems as well as visual pictures. After passing that I got a 3 question programming test. I passed all the test cases for the first 2 problems and had more that 50% of the test cases passing on the last problem. Welp, two days later and I was informed that I didn't make it through.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email saying to take the first online assessment within a week, which consisted of seven debugging questions and 35 logic questions. After a few days of completion, received another email asking to take the second online assessment, which consisted of two programming questions. The second set of questions tested data structure and algorithm knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Finding patterns in sequences of letters, then determining the next sequence.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online via a relatively slick form. I was not asked for recommendation letters. I was emailed a week later to complete a online test, which composed of a debugging test for several 20ish line functions, and a logic test which is your standard logical ability portion of an IQ test, i.e. pattern recognition, spacial logic, etc. A week later, they emailed me again, saying that I passed, and I was asked to take a 70 minute coding test. This was quite easy, and I finished in half the time limit. A week later I got an offer. Not once did I talk with a real person.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

I first had to do an online assessment, which consisted of debugging and some weird logic questions. After passing that, I had to do a second online assessment, which consisted of a few coding questions. I then had an hour long phone interview with an Amazon engineer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about hashtables, graph search, and stacks.   3 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

I had two online interviews, exactly like most everyone else. If you don't have a connection with an employee and you simply apply online, this is most likely how it will play out. The first online exam was less coding and more thought-provoking, and the second online exam was standard coding interview questions. I assumed they would want super-optimal, working code that was well documented, but I now know that they want you to hack out working code as quickly as possible. Those who did it quickly got offers right after, but I had to go through a third phone interview. We spent several minutes going through behavioral questions, but the majority of the time was spent on a couple coding questions. Everything was extremely straight forward and definitely was the best interviewing experience I've had. I got the offer a day or two after the phone interview!