Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

3.2

525 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

They called for an assessment test, saying that the options in programming languages for the coding test are Java, C, C++ and Python. I flew in to Cambridge, all the way from my place to take the test, only to find that Python was not an option. I was OK with this and had continued to code, when the recruiter/host announced that those who prefer Python will have a separate hiring process later on, and had to leave.

Quite obviously, there were some who preferred Python for coding tests including me and we left, wasting about half a day, a certain amount unreimbursed cost of travel, as well as having missed classes and/or other important engagements for that day.

We never received any intimation later on.

I hope the recruiters learn to value the time and money of candidates and improve upon managing the process properly. Its a shame that such a big company has such a shoddy hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a group coding interview with amazon. 3hrs total, including debugging questions, logic questions and coding questions. Can only use java, c or cpp for the coding part of the interview. I did not finish the interview and left, since I do not use any of the programming languages. However, the questions were very easy (managed to do the debugging part in java).

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the questions since I signed a contract with them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had an on-site round:
    Section 1: Debugging round
    Section 2: Logical reasoning
    Section 3: 2 coding questions

Applied on Amazon careers site and received a mail from a recruiter for an on-site screening round after about 15 days.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions from top 50 questions in programcreek with a little modification.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to complete a simple debugging questions along where you fix simple code. Then a logical reasoning section that is very straightforward. The next section is a 70 min section where you have to write two programs, I was just under prepared about would be able to do well on it after having seen what I needed to prep for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Davis, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It is a expedited program. Amazon gave first interview on campus, it is a exam-like interview, with students gathered in a classroom and do the OA on our own laptops. It lasts about 3 hrs. There are 3 results of the first interview: get the offer, get the phone interview or get refused.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

On-campus assessment that combined the first 2 online assessments, then a phone interview that involved general questions about data structures and algorithms, some basic "soft" questions about projects, and a coding question. Fairly easy overall, but I got an email a day after interviewing informing me that I wasn't selected, which didn't surprise me too much- it was my first technical phone interview and I was very nervous and stumbled a lot.

Interview Questions

• Not going to give specific questions. Just study your basic data structure and algorithms.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in early October, got an assessment in early January. Pretty standard 7 debugging questions and a logical reasoning portion. Passed this assessment and moved on to the coding portion. Got two problems with 70 minutes to solve. Both were around easy level on a site like LeetCode. After this I moved on to a final round phone interview. Interviewer was pleasant and on time. Got emailed 3 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your best achievements on a project in the past?   19 Answers

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. Applied through employee referral and got a short test sent to me within a few weeks. The first test was a quick logic test with both word problems as well as visual pictures. After passing that I got a 3 question programming test. I passed all the test cases for the first 2 problems and had more that 50% of the test cases passing on the last problem. Welp, two days later and I was informed that I didn't make it through.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email saying to take the first online assessment within a week, which consisted of seven debugging questions and 35 logic questions. After a few days of completion, received another email asking to take the second online assessment, which consisted of two programming questions. The second set of questions tested data structure and algorithm knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Finding patterns in sequences of letters, then determining the next sequence.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied, was sent a link to a coding challenge to debug code. Got a phone interview that lasted 45minutes. Pretty similar to other phone interviews (time complexities). Starts with one question and then they alter it a bit and you change your code accordingly. Couple weeks later got an email with the results.