Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

3.1

896 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied for the software engineering internship. I had back to back interviews, and then a final interview a couple weeks later.

The interviews were technical interviews, and they were very challenging. I could not figure out some of the question.

Interview Questions

• There were some questions based on graph theory that were very simply stated, but required a very well-thought-out precise solution.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (College Park, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a friend hook me up with an interview from my university. I am a junior this year, and I don't believe that my resume would have gotten noticed otherwise. They came to my campus and conducted a 90 minute interview where two interviewers had me do 2 fairly difficult coding problems each (full out in my language of preference). I thought they weren't interested in me but heard back after one night that my interviewers were very impressed with me.

Interview Questions

• I had to implement a data structure for a last Least Recent Delete Cache and write relevant functions (it was a class for me since I used Java). Some functions included puts(Key key, Value value) and get(Key key). When I was stuck they helped me out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

haven't spoken with them yet about prices.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2011.

Interview

This interview process was definitely an interesting one. It was a very difficult interview when compared to what most Supply Chain companies ask. The first round was behavioral and tested my Supply Chain knowledge, while the second round was a lot of thinking problems. I was very impressed that Amazon called me 2-3 days after my second interview to let me know that I was not receiving an offer; it was much better than an email.

Interview Questions

• How many phone books are in New York City?   Answer Question
    • You have a ping pong ball. It is the same diameter as a tube that it is in. It is buried 3 feet under concrete. How do you get it out?   2 Answers
    • You have 3 warehouses. Warehouse A, Warehouse B, and Warehouse C. Place them anywhere and tell me why.   1 Answer
    • You have 3 warehouses. Warehouse A's demand exceeds its maximum capacity. What would you do about this situation?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

This interview consists of 4 - 30 minute one-on-one interviews with 4 different people. They ask a few personal questions but a lot of financial usage questions. They did not present me with any financial statements as past commenters described. Instead, it was big hypotheticals like "if you invent a brand new product that has no comparisons, describe how you would determine a price and quantity to produce." Or, "what are 3 numbers the CFO probably wants to see on a daily basis?" It is very easy to stall out into awkward silence even if you know the material deep down.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 numbers the CFO would look at on a daily basis?   1 Answer
    • How do you price a brand new product?   Answer Question
    • How do you decide whether to include a 5 dollar free download voucher with each sale of a cd box set?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

It consisted of 2 45 minutes back to back interviews. Both are skill questions.
    The first interview consisted of a group of jobs in which some of them had dependencies, meaning that some had to be completed first before one could start. Think of this as a graph with pointing arrows. Create an algorithm that would spit out the most efficient/best job sequence. The result would be something along these lines: first job3, job4; second job1; third job5, job6, etc. What data structure would you use and how would you represent it? Explain it with pseudocode, then write it on code.
    The second interview consisted of an expression tree. What structure would you use to represent this? Write code that would compute the result. Can you write it without using recursion? What's memory overhead?

Interview Questions

• First Interview. What data structure to use, and how to solve the problem?   1 Answer
    • Second Interview. Write code to compute result of expression binary tree? What's the time complexity?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in October 2015.

Interview

I had 4 interviews in total and applied online. The interviews all happened in a row, which was a bit tiring. Very competence based questions (eg. tell me about a time you received critics). I also had to solve a case study. The process in general was very fast and recruiter was very responsive. Though you get the feeling once you're hired they care about you anymore.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you overcame a challenge?
      Tell me a time you were innovative?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on their careers website, they reviewed my CV and invited me for an online SHL numerical reasoning test and video interview with screen sharing and an excel document. Most questions were around pivot tables, 1 question on VLOOKUP and 1 other on VBA. 3 questions on SQL. I answered well but they favoured another candidate. There was also some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• VLOOK-UP, pivot tables, VBA, SQL and making graphs from pivot tables.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were assigned a KPI (Key performance indicator) and how did you reach it?
      Tell us a bit about yourself.
      Why are you interested in an internship at Amazon.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raurkela (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Raurkela (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview questions started from Easy and ended with Difficult questions. The interviewer expected me to be honest in that if I had already done the asked question, then I should report to him. Initially, the interviewer was friendly but later that person became a bit irritated because he was hungry and had been interviewing since morning. So any mistakes committed or time taken, he was getting more irritated. The interview lasted for about 35-40 mintues.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given n distinct keys. How many unique binary search trees can be constructed from the n given keys ? After some thinking, I was able to do it and code it properly.   1 Answer
    • 3. A question based on linked lists, which I don't exactly remember. But it was related to detecting the presence of a cycle in the linked list. I was able to do it easily though.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Video (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Video (Brazil)) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting the application and written essay, I had 2 rounds interviews. 1st round: 2 video interviews, 2nd round: 2 video interviews. After the 1st round, it took 3 - 4 weeks to have another round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you fail.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you need data to make a decision.   1 Answer
    • Pricing questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief self-presentation with all the other candidates, then a group project with a strict time limit to be presented to the interviewers. As a second stage, there was a single assignment regarding some proposals of initiatives to improve the company's products and services. The interviewers were friendly and they allowed short breaks between activities. Overall a challenging yet positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to help someone   1 Answer