Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.1

905 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

First interview went horrible. Interviewer was very unresponsive during entire phone call. Answered 2/3 questions. Third question regarding graph algorithm I was not able to solve and I believe that is what caused me to not get offer. Know your data structures and algorithms very well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was scheduled for two back-to-back 45 minute long phone interviews. Both of the interviewers were quite pleasant, and they dove into technical problems immediately. Due to technical reasons (I really chose the wrong place to sit-- the call dropped several times and the internet stopped working), the first call was rescheduled for a week later. Both interviewers used an online collaborative coding website for the technical questions instead of asking me to write on paper. The technical questions were nothing too unexpected:
    - Find the intersection of two arrays of integers (the elements that are in both)
    - Given a set of integers, produce its power set (the set of all subsets of the original set)
    - Reverse a linked list
    - Given a string, what characters are in it?
    Only one interviewer asked me about my resume ("tell me about a technical challenge on a project you've worked on").

Interview Questions

• Given a set of integers, produce its power set (the set of all subsets of the original set)   Answer Question

Interview

handed in resume during campus career fair. Set up an interview with them after two weeks. 90mins interview in total. Talked to two interviewers each for 45 mins. They asked about basic c++ stuff, also some hash and tree concepts. The interviews were really nice.

Interview Questions

• difference between an array and a vector.   1 Answer

Software Developer Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Very professional. Consists of two rounds. 1st round simple. 2nd round a little bit more.
    Questions: 1) 2nd largest number in an array 2) no:1s in Binary 3) Loops in a singly linked list 4) Hex to decimal 5) Lot of Oops questions 6) Math based 7) Regular expressions

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Just had my first round of phone screening interview. First interviewer asked programming related questions and asked me to code. The second one basically asked higher level and open ended technical questions. Both used an online code typing and sharing tool.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Had two phone intervews back to back.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I received interview notice after campus career fair. two 45-minute interview was arranged.

Interview Questions

• .First interview asked BST and 2sum in an array including time and space complexity questions. The second one asked me to merge to sorted array and something about arraylist and linkedlist.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Very nice recruiters, gave me a lot of helpful hints to solve their questions. Asked to write a function that prints the sum of 2 numbers that are represented by linked list. Wasn't too bad, but I made a few errors.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how subtypes work. I wasn't expecting that, and was pretty rusty on them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the website about 2 months before they contacted me. They sent me back an email at the end of February regarding a phone interview. The phone interview was two calls back-to-back.

The first call was not really technical. The interviewer asked about projects and my background, and he was very nice. We did one coding exercise over CollabEdit. He was very interested in how I thought about the problem, so make sure to articulate what you're thinking about when you are given a problem and how you're thinking about solving it. The question was how to implement the division function without using the division operator.

The second call was a technical interview. The question was find the element in an array that appears an odd number of times. All elements are guaranteed to appear an even number of times, except one, which will appear an odd number of times. He asked a lot about the space and time complexity of the solutions that you provide, so make sure you understand those concepts and can apply them to your solution.

I did not receive an offer, but they replied back within a week.

Interview Questions

• In an array in which elements appear multiple times, it is guaranteed that all elements except one will appear an even number of times. Find the element that appears an odd number of times.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

1. ask question about find the hash map, find the second max unique number in the array
    2. about heap sort, binary tree, find the nth frequently used letter in the text
    no design and algorithm