Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2017

3.1

907 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

1st round was online coding round. 2nd was f2f interview round. Then we had a presentation and a HR round. It was good overall but the interview was very tough.

Intern Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Le processus d'embauche se déroule en 4 étapes:
     - la première étape est un test d'analyse numérique en ligne de 20 minutes comportant 25 questions
     - la deuxième étape est un test Excel et SQL qui dure 1h15 (6 questions nécessitant un bonne connaissances des outils excel pour excel et 3 requêtes avec jointures sur deux tables en SQL)
     - La troisième étape était un entretient d'une heure avec un business analyst basé sur les Leadership Principle d'Amazon (à utiliser pour présenter ses expériences passées)
     - la dernière étape était une série de 3 interviews avec 3 personnes différentes au sein d'Amazon cette fois aussi basé sur les Leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• Parle moi d'une expérience au cours de laquelle tu as du 'dive deep' (l'un des leadership principles) afin de trouver la solution à un problème. Quel a été ton processus d'analyse et de résolution ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Milan (Italy)) in September 2017.

Interview

First an online test, mostly MPQs about graphs and tables they gave you. After that they called me for a 45 min telephone interview, with questions about my resume, numerical questions (easy), and other questions about my previous experience. Then I was called for an interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where you got a negative feedback and how you reacted   Answer Question

Intern Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in January 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews: First one with the HR and second one with an on-site manager.
    Then if they consider you as a relevant applicant, they invite you for to pass four more interviews in their offices, plus an excel test. They pay for all the travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• First HR interview:
       Tell me one of the twelve Amazon's principles and how do you relate to this principle? I said always give the best and reach for more.

Describe me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer? I describes the situation and then said that customers are always more important than one's ego and when working with a customer you have to put your emotions aside and think about give a good image of the company.

Another question she asked was 'What is your favorite Excel function? Why?'.
      Then she basically explained what the pay was, and how the rest of the interview process would go.

Second interview was with a manager? She asked question such as: do you have the ability to multitask? How would you deal with multitasking? What did you do during your previous internship?

Then they asked me to come on-site for the following interviews. They were four interviews, each one with a different manager, plus an Excel test. Didn't do well on the Excel test. Interviews questions were like: present yourself shortly, tell me what you did in your previous internship (I've mainly talked about the work I've done on excel). Didn't got the offer.   Answer Question

Scientist Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aachen (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Aachen (Germany)) in August 2017.

Interview

1. internal inference. 3 week later I got an email from HR asking me to fill a form and then the time of phone interview was determined.
    2. phone interview: about 50 minutes.
    3. on-site interview: 2 researcher from 2 group respectfully, 100 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• phone interview: some basic backgrounds concerning the intern position; technical questions, especially my past and current projects; a programming problem to solve.
      on site interview: basically on projects. During I presented my work, the interviewer would raise new questions.   Answer Question

Intern Instock Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Zunächst wurde ein telefonisches Interview über ca. 45 Minuten angesetzt, wobei es um die letzten beruflichen Erfahrungen (in meinem Fall Praktika ) ging. Am nächsten Tag bekam ich die Einladung zu einem persönlichen Vorstellungsgesrpäch, wobei ich mit zwei unterschiedlichen Mitarbeitern ein Gespräch geführt habe, Teile davon auf Englisch.
    Ferner musste ein Excel Test gemacht werden.

Interview Questions

• Excel Test, Wo sehen sie für sich selbst Verbesserungspotenziale. Wann haben sie zuletzt einen Fehler gemacht und wie sind sie damit umgegangen.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Good Interview process with friendly interviewers.
    The interviewers ease us during the process and help us whenever we get stuck while solving questions.
    Questions were standard linked list and array based questions with some twists.

Interview Questions

• linked list and array based   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2017.

Interview

Two one Hour phone interviews typical questions about data structures followed by a technical question and some time to ask the interviewer questions. Talked about various data structures and was asked to give examples of when to use which and why.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Had 2 online assessments,
    The first one had 2 parts: about 21 minutes and just 7 basic programming debugging questions. Part 2 was an Logical/reasoning section for 35 mins.

The second assessment consists of two components, a coding section (70 minutes) using either Java, C, or C++, and a work style survey (10 minutes). The coding assessment consisted of 2 questions which are make use of your DS and algorithm basics.

I then had the phone interview scheduled in a week.
    I was asked a couple of questions regarding BSTs and a question about adding linked lists.
    Had to code the answers on an online document.

Heard back a week later.

Interview Questions

• Questions about bsts and running operations on them.   1 Answer
    • Add two linked lists

Input:
        First List: 5->6->3 // represents number 563
        Second List: 8->4->2 // represents number 842
      Output
        Resultant list: 1->4->0->5 // represents number 1405   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2017.

Interview

Three rounds total. First was a set of puzzles and logic games, around 20 questions. This round also had a set of debugging questions but it was basic, like finding what the error in the code was and stuff. Second round were actual data structure questions, but pretty straightforward if you've learned CTCI. Final round was a phone interview and I think its up to chance here; my interviewer spent most of the time asking about my resume and projects and only left a little time for his actual coding question.