Amazon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
12,998 Interview Reviews

3.1

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Standard interview with recruiter, then hiring manager, then a "bar raiser". As long as you read up on the Amazing Leadership principles, you should be fine. The interviews are slanted very much towards "fit". That being said, as a professional that has been in the industry for 20+ years, it is extremely frustrating to get no feedback. Every question regarding next steps, how well the interview, etc. are met with the same answer of "Here at AWS we are not allowed to provide feedback to candidates." Even though I was doing great through the process, I decided to remove myself as a candidate because if they treat you that poorly during the recruiting process, then I am sure that that will carry over to the workplace.

Interview Questions

• All standard personality questions of strengths, weaknesses, etc.   2 Answers

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was asked to apply online. Once I did, I was contacted about an interview. They asked a few phone questions and told me right away that I would be receiving details for travel. They flew us out, and there were two 45 minute interviews. I had just interviewed with another company two days before, and had anticipated a difficult choice. Unfortunately, I left that interview vowing never to work at Amazon. When asked about their culture, the interviewer said that the last team that didn't get along was completely let go. ALL OF THEM. There was no retraining, mentoring, or transfers. I asked if there were to see how it was handled, but they didn't handle the conflict at all. They just fired everyone. The interviewer outright insulted me, and cursed in another candidate's interview. When I said I was motivated by challenging work, they said I would regularly be given 3 week projects and be expected to have them done in 2-3 days. That's not challenging. That's unrealistic expectations and overworking your employees. There was more, but those were the biggest ones. Very unprofessional and rude.

Interview Questions

• If you and another supervisor disagreed on how to handle something, what would you tell the person involved in the conflict?   1 Answer

Freelancer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Uploaded a resume and received an email that I wasn't chosen for a position, which is odd because I had a lot of skills. Then I heard from them several months later that I was approved to work for them.

Interview Questions

• The entire process was done online, including background check.   Answer Question

AWS Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It begins with a phone interview. The recruiter that I had asked questions in a way where I wasn't sure he was finished talking. Until there was an uncomfortable silent pause. Like he was reading and just shooting off questions from his paper.

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

What interview? To be so picky about drug tests that test positive for thc, you'd think they'd care to actually know their future employees more. Nope. An idiot or sociopath could get this job so long as they pass the screening.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me one thing. I did take a drug test though and failed. (Thc)   2 Answers

Accountant Interview

Interview

In th morning, I had a telephone interview with an HR specialist. The talk was very nice and comfortable and I really enjoyed it. It is a nice experience for me.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Group Interview: Basically you walk in and sit down, go over a 2 minute PowerPoint, fill out some documents, take a picture for your ID, watch more long videos, spit on a drug test stick and get out and if you pass your hired. No questions asked, nothing. Just don't be drugged up and you've got a job.

Interview Questions

• No Questions, really. Just ask if you filled out all your information on the computer prior to the interview. (If not they have computers)   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Received email from Amazon saying they were looking for people and if I was interested to go to with a link to two online programming questions. I answered the first one with a pretty bad solution, and the second one I didn't even do. Yet surprisingly, I received an email they would fly me out to Seattle for for the in person interview. I was surprised, I did horrible on the online questions yet they we're still willing to fly me out to Seattle all costs paid, I thought I had a pretty good chance.

I get there and I interview with four people. The first one went pretty good except he wanted me to explain something specific to a NoSQL database I mentioned I had experience with. I gave a broad explanation but he kept asking how does X technology where the data is. I think he was looking for another answer, he just couldn't formulate the question for what he was looking for, he had heavy Indian accent.

The second guy was the hiring manager, cool guy, I think I answered all his behavioral questions as well as the technical with the correct answers.

The third guys had a difficult question, by this point I was a bit tired, and the guy was a little bit condescending so I didn't put that much effort. The question was along the lines of you are given a list of tickets they contain departure and arrival and date. Method has to return the full itinerary. I gave some wrong solution building a string.

Then the final interview a guy and a woman came in and asked me a graph related question. I was able to answer 100% and then they asked me a few variations of question throwing wrenches. I was able to answer all of them.

After I finished I really thought if they had been willing to fly me out across the country, I am in the east coast, and I had done horrible on the initial programming question and did pretty good on the in person interview, I would get hired. I don't think a lot of people can answer all these questions flawlessly after flying out for 8+ hours and whiteboard programming for 5+ hours. But after two days I received a call saying they decided to move forward without me.

I wasn't really that motivated to change jobs. I am making good money where I am at now, and I live in an area with beautiful weather. They would have had to come with a significant offer for me to move to that god forsaken city. So I just went for the free trip. But if you have an interview coming up make sure you do perfectly on all four interviews otherwise these guys don't mind flying you out and wasting your time to tell you they are going to move forward. I think they are looking for top talent and they are willing to waste money flying people to Seattle.

P.S If you've never been to Seattle, this city is horrible. It's cold, it's always raining, it's full of hills, there's nothing to do apart from that ugly needle, and one minute you will see everyone walking and they are all in suits and professionals and the next minute you are surrounded by drug addicts. Everywhere you go there are passive aggressive comments against tech people like you because you are bringing up the COL for them. Everything really is expensive. The food sucks. Overall it's crap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interview Questions

• Given list of tickets with start location and end location and date return list in order. Account for
      Trips same day.
      1 Answer
    • Asked to analyze run time of tree traversals.   Answer Question
    • Write method to determine if tree is mirror.

X
      X. X. Is mirror

X
          X. X
      X. Not mirror
      Answer Question

Sr Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shepherdsville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Shepherdsville, KY).

Interview

1. Initial Phone Screening: more about the company and the HR manager's background, less about you
    2. Phone Interview - good dry-run for the on-site interview. Focus was on my resume.
    3. On-Site Interview at FC: 4 hours (site tour + 4 back-to-back interviews)

Interview Questions

• -What is your greatest innovation?
      -Describe a time you solved a complex problem
      -How have you used data in order to solve problems?
      2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2017.

Interview

1 hour phone interview and after a week I was scheduled for on-site interview the lasted 5 hours. I was interviewed by 5 people with a time allotment of 45 min each. The interview question are all behavior type using the STAR method to answer them. All of these questions centered around Amazon's leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• Example of when you had to make a difficult decision without asking permission from your manager   1 Answer