Amazon HR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon HR Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to do a virtual interview.

Round 1: Virtual interview through HireVue
    Round 2: Two phone interviews with a recruiter and Sr. HR Assistant

Got an offer 2 days after the final interviews, would encourage people interested to apply as early as possible. I applied in November and accepted my offer in January.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern offers, pay is very good though.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was world class and stellar. There is absolutely nothing negative I can say about the awesome folks. Specifically, I applied for Amazon Fulfillment Technology. I was very impressed with how quickly someone responded to my application and then how smoothly the process went from phone interviews, to in person interviews. What impressed me the most was organization, promise on commitment (as far as when I could expect a response) and how efficiently my in person interview experience was handled. The folks at Amazon are world-class and the employment brand experience definitely matches or exceeds the consumer experience (which is hard to match in my opinion).

If you're on the fence, don't hesitate to apply - they will not disappoint.

p.s. I marked "No" on receiving an offer, but I haven't had a decision yet. I will find out this week. I just couldn't wait to post a glowing review of their interview experience because I was so impressed!

Interview Questions

• I had intensely focused and specific questions based around their leadership principles, with a focus on my prior experiences. Definitely have specific successes and failures that you can answer. Don't shy away from your failures and what you learned, Amazon is focused on innovation and the ability to learn from your mistakes and the continuous improvement cycle.   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter was a very bad experience. Her phone kept cutting out during the call and when trying to answer the question, she talked over me and didn't allow me to finish my answers. I was ready to end the interview 1/2 way and withdraw my interest. She also cut me off to tell me that she has another interview in a few minutes so I needed to answer the question quickly. If this is how they treat applicants, why would I want to be employed there!!!

Interview Questions

• Using the STAR Behavioral interview method, describe a situation using innovation that you accomplished a large project. Be specific to the project and don't provide any additional details other than what is relevant to the project.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2016.

Interview

They send me an email after applying online. Had an on demand interview for the first round. The second round consisted of two interviews - 15 minutes apart. The interviews consisted of mostly behavioral questions and a few case based questions. An understanding of the leadership principles is extremely important.

Senior H R Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the university operations program. Two rounds of interviews-- hirevue video interview where you record your answers to questions and in person interview event consisting of two one on one 45 minutes interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation either you accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tracy, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Questions did not relate to the job at all. Not one question about HR. But I get it. They're looking for other aspects of how you'll handle things but for someone who's expecting those type questions....fail.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Fall River, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was non -existent. It was a mass hiring mess. Firstly, I applied for a human resource position and months later they told me to reapply and i got hired as a fulfillment associate

Interview Questions

• there were no questions in this interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and enticing. They flew me to an interview location in NY/NJ, dangled benefits, overtime, bonuses, and a huge salary in my face but, it was not so once hired.

Interview Questions

• What kind of company do you wish to work for?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process took 3 weeks. They were really quick in responding to emails and wonderful in handling the process.

The 2 interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable. It helped with my nervousness and made me be myself!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you've used creativity in handling/solving a problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Avenel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Avenel, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Received an email to go to an on-site interview, Amazon paid for transportation and lodging, the interview was with two separate recruiters (45 minutes each), you were given a case-study and it was very conversation based.