Amazon Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

3.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied online. First round is a coding interview where I was asked to code several normal technical puzzles. Also, Amazon require you to have a web camera for some reason. I guess they just want to make sure it is you who is writing the code. After the first round, Amazon would ask you to go to Seattle if you pass through the first round.

Interview Questions

• there are a bunch of distinctive numbers with only one pair of duplicates. find the odd ones   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Got an email from Amazon. Was asked to take a 90 min online assessment test. Test was divided into 3 parts one for coding one critical reasoning and other MCQ. The coding was challenging. While doing your prep go over linked list and sorting. MCQ was easy just basic coding question and output question. You can choose your preferred lang. The reasoning questions don't need any preparation. They ask you general reasoning questions not related to CS but just life in general.

Interview Questions

• Write code to reverse a linked list from its mid point. So 1->2->3->4->5->6->7 becomes 1->2->3->7->6->5->4   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The recruiting manager at Amazon emailed me one day with a position in SDET at Amazon. The process begun with an online test. This test comprised of (as far as I remember) two programming questions, one section related to logical thinking. It wasn't too bad. After that, if they like you, they send an online assessment test. This consists a lot of questions that help them profile us as an individual and as a fit in their company.
    If they find us a good fit, they call us for an on site interview. In Seattle, we have a four round interview - of coding. They will not spare you. They are very straight forward about their problems and try to help you as you go. Prepare a lot, and dynamic data structures is the key!

Interview Questions

• About one dynamic structure   1 Answer

QAE/Software Development Engineer In Test Onsite Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

1. 1 technical phone screen
    2. 1 onsite interview with 5 to 6 people (1 HR, 3 Managers, 1 SDET, 1 SE, 1 Lunch talk (not an interview))

I would definitely like to write some feedback/advice,
    1. The phone screen was easy, 1 relevant technical coding question, followed by some testing questions.
    2. Next round was on-site with 5 to 6 people. I was expecting more of technical questions combined with behavioral questions however the interview that lasted for 5 hrs had just 2 coding ques and some testing questions and majority of chunk was behavioral questions which were kind of repeated across the interviewers. I felt like I was giving an interview for a Manager post rather than tech interview. I am not saying there should not be any behavioral questions but there should be a balance, in my case it was like 90% behavioral and 10% technical questions.
    3. There were a couple of instances when the interviewers just came in and started shooting questions without even talking about their nature of work and also did not leave time at end for me to ask questions. It felt as if they did not plan their time correctly for the interview which was weird.
    4. I did not get the offer, but I would say it does not harm for the recruiters to give a high level feedback so that you can be better prepared next time when you apply. I don't want to hear like every single detail of the feedback. If you don't even give a feedback as to why you were rejected, how do you know where you failed ? Do you guess ? This policy I thought was very weird.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an Amazon recruiter via email asking if I was interested in a job with them. I responded yes and there was an initial screening with him. After that I had a technical interview over the phone which was not overly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Since this was a testing interview and not full out development he had some testing terms I had never heard of these include:

Equivalence Class Testing
      Pair Wise Combinatorial Testing
      Failure Mode Analysis

the only one I heard of was: White Box vs Black Box testing

The coding portion was not difficult the question was this

Write a function that takes two lists of strings and return a list of Strings with all of the intersections of the strings ex:

List1 = {"a","a","a", "b", "d"}
      List2 = {"a", "a", "c", "d"}
      expectedReturn={"a","a","d"}

Also he asked what tests cases I would use to validate the function also he wanted to know the run time analysis of the function
      3 Answers

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Interview

Was contacted out of the blue to complete an online assessment. The assessment included two rather trivial programming problems to be solved in either C, C++ or Java. Following the programming problem was a 24-question logic assessment which was a bit challenging towards the end. Soon after completing the assessment, I was given a link to a personality/work-style assessment. Upon completion, I was told that I would be contacted within the next few days with information on the next steps in the process. I am currently waiting to hear from them.

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for this position. got a mail for phonic interview. I got a call from team lead. First he explained about his team and the position. then he wanted to know about my experience and my skills.

Interview Questions

• what are the most challenging thing you faced in your previous projects?
      what all the tools and tech you are familiar with?
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Interview

First interview was verbal at job fair. Questions involved properties about data structures/algorithms, such as hashing tables. Second interview was more technical, and was divided into two parts (two separate interviewers). It involved graph theory, and white-boarding in Java. Best help is to review something like Cracking the Code Interview beforehand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Got contacted by HR after the job fair, telling me to finish Online Test. After the test, about 2 weeks, I was told that they want to invite me to go to Seattle for the onsite interview.

On the onsite day, I talked with four 3 normal interviewers and 1 bar raiser. All the questions are based on CC book, except for the one given by the bar raiser. I did not do well in the second round and third round, which make me fail this opportunity. Due to the NDA, I cannot tell the problem. But, They were not hard. I had 4 problems: one is to solve dependency sequence, one is to solve logic problem (given a function which this to implement another function), one is to solve Tree maximum path problem, and one is to solve anagram problem.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Emailed the recruiter my resume personally and got an email two weeks later saying that I have to set up two one hour phone interviews in the following week. Phone interviews were pretty much all technical with very little behavioral.

Phone interviews started off simple, "Let me tell you a little bit about myself", then "tell me a little bit about yourself." My first interviewer went straight from that to coding. You'll use an online program so he sees what you're typing. Other interviewer went through a bunch of short questions that were challenging, then to the coding.

After the two interviews, I got an offer a week later. All in all a simple hiring/interview process.