Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.1

905 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a group coding interview with amazon. 3hrs total, including debugging questions, logic questions and coding questions. Can only use java, c or cpp for the coding part of the interview. I did not finish the interview and left, since I do not use any of the programming languages. However, the questions were very easy (managed to do the debugging part in java).

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the questions since I signed a contract with them.   Answer Question

Intern - Monthly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

All I did was take the assessment and they gave me an offer a couple of days later. However, it took them several months to even reach out to me to offer me the assessment in the first place.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to complete a simple debugging questions along where you fix simple code. Then a logical reasoning section that is very straightforward. The next section is a 70 min section where you have to write two programs, I was just under prepared about would be able to do well on it after having seen what I needed to prep for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Davis, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It is a expedited program. Amazon gave first interview on campus, it is a exam-like interview, with students gathered in a classroom and do the OA on our own laptops. It lasts about 3 hrs. There are 3 results of the first interview: get the offer, get the phone interview or get refused.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

On-campus assessment that combined the first 2 online assessments, then a phone interview that involved general questions about data structures and algorithms, some basic "soft" questions about projects, and a coding question. Fairly easy overall, but I got an email a day after interviewing informing me that I wasn't selected, which didn't surprise me too much- it was my first technical phone interview and I was very nervous and stumbled a lot.

Interview Questions

• Not going to give specific questions. Just study your basic data structure and algorithms.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in early October, got an assessment in early January. Pretty standard 7 debugging questions and a logical reasoning portion. Passed this assessment and moved on to the coding portion. Got two problems with 70 minutes to solve. Both were around easy level on a site like LeetCode. After this I moved on to a final round phone interview. Interviewer was pleasant and on time. Got emailed 3 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your best achievements on a project in the past?   19 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

I had two online interviews, exactly like most everyone else. If you don't have a connection with an employee and you simply apply online, this is most likely how it will play out. The first online exam was less coding and more thought-provoking, and the second online exam was standard coding interview questions. I assumed they would want super-optimal, working code that was well documented, but I now know that they want you to hack out working code as quickly as possible. Those who did it quickly got offers right after, but I had to go through a third phone interview. We spent several minutes going through behavioral questions, but the majority of the time was spent on a couple coding questions. Everything was extremely straight forward and definitely was the best interviewing experience I've had. I got the offer a day or two after the phone interview!

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. Applied through employee referral and got a short test sent to me within a few weeks. The first test was a quick logic test with both word problems as well as visual pictures. After passing that I got a 3 question programming test. I passed all the test cases for the first 2 problems and had more that 50% of the test cases passing on the last problem. Welp, two days later and I was informed that I didn't make it through.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email saying to take the first online assessment within a week, which consisted of seven debugging questions and 35 logic questions. After a few days of completion, received another email asking to take the second online assessment, which consisted of two programming questions. The second set of questions tested data structure and algorithm knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Finding patterns in sequences of letters, then determining the next sequence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds: first round was multiple choice reasoning test (~30mins) along with 7 debugging questions (21mins given). Second round was 2 programming questions. Third was phone interview over an online editor. The first test is autograded so you know pretty quickly if you've advanced. I didn't like how I asked to reschedule my interview and was ignored. I also did not like how Amazon doesn't consider culture fit, meaning they hire almost solely on technical ability rather than being a good team member/person to work with. I'm glad I'm going to be working at one of their subsidiaries with a more employee-friendly culture.

Interview Questions

• Standard programming problems, practice cracking the coding interview   1 Answer