Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.2

526 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied with the general application online for a summer internship in 2017. Shortly after, I was notified by a recruiter that they were hosting an on-site hiring event, which would consist of several interviews. They requested that I send in my resume again, which was already submitted with the online application, and they would provide the next steps regarding a coding challenge and flight details. I proceeded to send in my resume as requested, although they should already have my information. However, with the event date drawing closer, the recruiter responded quite late about a week later stating that I was not fit for the event, a confusing statement since they already had my resume before initially reaching out to me. I asked what might have changed, but the recruiter never responded.

A few weeks after, a different recruiter reached out to me stating that they were hosting another hiring event for full time employees. I was very confused because I had clearly submitted an application for a summer internship as I am still in my third year of undergraduate school. I responded to this recruiter stating that I am a third year and asking if I could be put in contact with someone regarding a summer internship, but she as well never responded to me.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First round was a coding test followed by a phone interview. Interview was pretty easy with some questions on resume and then one coding question. The interviewer was looking for the most optimal solution.

Interview Questions

• Intersection of two linked lists   2 Answers

Application

Interview

I apply online and a few days later i receive an email from a recruiter to do a online test in hackerrank. The test had about have 8 to 10 question, two of them were coding and had a time limit of 60 minutes.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process (at least the portion I made it through) was conducted purely online. I received an easy online logic/coding assessment followed by a more lengthy, difficult assessment. I never got the opportunity to directly communicate with anyone in charge of the recruitment process. I was also never given feedback as to why I wasn't considered for the next round of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• General logic/debugging questions. Write a method that determines whether two rectangles overlap given their top-right and bottom-left coordinates.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

They asked for an online assessment and they never actually send the assessment. Because they did not reply back to my email for a week, I followed up with the HR representative to ask what was happening. However, they replied around a month and an half afterwards telling me that the internship position was now closed and told me to apply the year after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

An advice for everyone who wants to apply to the intern position at Amazon: Practice data structures - concentrate on speed as well as accuracy, the questions were not very difficult and the interviewers were very helpful and friendly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone interview after 2 months. I was pretty surprised when I got the phone interview. The interviewer asked me several behavior questions for the first interview. He is a really nice guy and really informative. Remember to take some notes during the interview and you can use them in your next interview and ask questions about it.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

My mistake I applied late but got fortunate enough to get a call. They will churn your resume through and through. Make sure to be good on your algorithms. One generic and one actual programming question. It was a decent experience. However make sure to apply early.

Interview Questions

• About the best project I had done till now?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2016.

Interview

I knew someone at the company who forwarded my information to get me the initial interview. Had two phone calls with HR but didn't advance past that process. The technical questions were fairly difficult. Behaviorals were not bad at all. The interviewer was very pleasant and helpful through the process. Good communication and good experience overall despite the result.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2016.

Interview

Solid overall process, spoke with multiple individuals within Amazon and they asked a lot of questions regarding my knowledge of dealing with Human resources and managerial situations because I was applying as an HR intern

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your call center was facing challenges specific to a problem   1 Answer