Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

3.1

898 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief self-presentation with all the other candidates, then a group project with a strict time limit to be presented to the interviewers. As a second stage, there was a single assignment regarding some proposals of initiatives to improve the company's products and services. The interviewers were friendly and they allowed short breaks between activities. Overall a challenging yet positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to help someone   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round - two back to back one-on-one 30 minutes virtual interviews
    2nd round - two back to back one-on-one 45 minutes virtual interviews
    Overall, the first 5 minutes the interviewers will introduce themselves. Be prepared for the questions you wanna ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions but will ask a lot follow up questions in detail...   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Completed online tests then had a telephone interview followed by an AC.

Involved meeting current grads and interns with lunch provided by human resources

Mixture of interviews and presentation

Long way to slough however i believe they have new offices opening soon in central london

Interview Questions

• Where have you shown ownership?   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Paris (France)) in December 2015.

Interview

1 phone screen followed by 3 in-house interviews and a Numerical reasoning test.
    All similarly structured interviews following the leadership principles, to be answered with the STAR framework. Important to know how to articulate personal experience

Interview Questions

• Questions Based on the leadership principles   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is quite intense and usually starts with a phone interview which is followed by up to 5 interview with different people from the team and the company you might work with during your time there. Questions are mostly situation based.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you handle the consequences.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email saying to take the first online assessment within a week, which consisted of seven debugging questions and 35 logic questions. After a few days of completion, received another email asking to take the second online assessment, which consisted of two programming questions. The second set of questions tested data structure and algorithm knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Finding patterns in sequences of letters, then determining the next sequence.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

2 online assessments, followed by phone interview.
    1st assessment was one hour and consisted of debugging and MCQs.
    2nd assessment was 70 minutes and consisted of 2 coding questions.
    Phone interview was 45 minutes and consisted of more coding and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, so I will not post the questions.   6 Answers

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted my cv and was quite quickly asked to have an interview. It was a video interview via Biba(Amazon's version of Skype) and lasted 90 minutes. It was split into 3 sections with the first being focused on soft skills - leadership qualities, teamwork, curiosity and passion for tech; the next two sections were on programming questions - data structures and object orientated design.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an online shopping cart.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Excel and SQL test, online numerical test
    Five phone interviews, final rounds with three different employees
    First two were general suitability screenings, the last three required me to outline my experience in data science and statistics, using past projects as examples. Interviewers were very specialised and able to ask in-depth technical questions.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Pomona, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was remote at a school campus. The recruiter set up a classroom style environment and have a lot of people take the technical computer test. The test was about an hour long. There were logical and technical questions.

Interview Questions

See What Amazon Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Fulfillment Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros: “No micromanagement, as long as you do your job properly you will be trusted. If the volume for that day is low enough, you are given the opportunity to leave early or not come in at all (as...”“No micromanagement, as long as you do your job properly you will be trusted. If the volume for that day is low enough, you are given the opportunity to leave early or not come in at all (as long as you sign into the website indicating so) with no penalty. Once you reach blue badge status (you must apply for it) you will get unpaid leave time which you can use as you please without calling in. There are many opportunities for advancement, even within the fulfillment center itself.” – Full Review