Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted my cv and was quite quickly asked to have an interview. It was a video interview via Biba(Amazon's version of Skype) and lasted 90 minutes. It was split into 3 sections with the first being focused on soft skills - leadership qualities, teamwork, curiosity and passion for tech; the next two sections were on programming questions - data structures and object orientated design.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an online shopping cart.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Excel and SQL test, online numerical test
    Five phone interviews, final rounds with three different employees
    First two were general suitability screenings, the last three required me to outline my experience in data science and statistics, using past projects as examples. Interviewers were very specialised and able to ask in-depth technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Pomona, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was remote at a school campus. The recruiter set up a classroom style environment and have a lot of people take the technical computer test. The test was about an hour long. There were logical and technical questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marseille (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Marseille (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone - video conference call. Formal questions, yet comfortable easy-going conversational tone. Would ask question and leave it up to the interviewee (me) to answer it for as long as I would like to.

Intern - Product Manager Automotive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in November 2016.

Interview

Amazon Luxembourg: J'ai passé un numerical assessment test (Kenexa/IBM) puis un entretien téléphonique d'environ 45 minutes (en anglais).
    Candidature en ligne sur leur site, un test en ligne après 1 semaine et un entretien téléphonique après 2 semaines.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2016.

Interview

The recruitment process was composed of 2 interviews. First interview was technical (with an engineer). Questions were project specific + related to my studies. Second interview was with HR: based on Amazon leadership principles ("Give me an example when ...Leadership principle...")
    The interviews weren't hard but you have to be well prepared to answer to the questions. Be ready to talk about your last professional experiences, why did you apply for this job.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me some modelisation + mapping software you used before? Pro/cons   2 Answers
    • What are you developing/coding capabilities   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in October 2016.

Interview

- Premier entretien téléphonique avec un manager
    Entretien classique au début avec des questions sur vos projets puis questions techniques sur des algorithmes.

Je n'ai pas participé aux étapes suivantes :
    - "Coding interview"
    - Entretien sur site

Interview Questions

• Q : Présentez un projet dont vous êtes fier   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Provo, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

After a first round phone interview, which lasted half an hour I was emailed a project. I was given a set amount of time in which to complete the project. The project was very open ended where certain assumptions had to be made, which you had to be prepared to give reasons why you made those assumptions. After the allotted time I turned in the project and the following day I had two separate forty five minute interviews. The first was a hard core evaluation of my project, and the second was an overview of my project followed by typical interview questions.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a single interview at their London offices. It was mainly technical. After a couple of behavioural questions, I spent the rest of the interview tackling a coding question. The interviewer was very helpful and very nice throughout the whole interview. I received the rejection email the day after the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

After an online numerical test I had 3 interviews, the first round was one phone interview, followed by another 2 phone interviews back to back. The process was great, the interviewers were really friendly members of the team (not HR recruiters) and asked a lot of STAR questions based on their leadership principles, so it's important to think of examples where you've shown each of their leadership principles through your own work. Each interview was a similar format, overall it took about 3 weeks from first interview to an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond the call of duty for a customer   Answer Question