Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

3.1

896 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

Two phone interviews - basic interview questions were asked. Asked complexities of all algorithms. Collab-edit was used to demonstrate coding skills. Decision is usually communicated to the interviewee by 1-2 weeks. Offer was non-negotiable.

Intern Interview

Interview

2 back to back phone interviews, 45 min each with a 15 min break inbetween

Interview Questions

• Given an 2D array of 1s and 0s, find the number of "islands" of 1s   1 Answer

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The interview was simple with three questions:
    1) remove duplicates in an array
    2) hash table implementation in C
    3) find max in an array

Since it was so easy, and I had given all the answers with correct complexities. Still did not get the offer.

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

there were two phonecalls each with a gap of 15 minutes lasting 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• In the first call i was asked about one coding question on matrices and about basic questions on Data structures.In the second had a coding on string mannipulation and questions related to object oriented programming   Answer Question

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. They speak algorithms and complexities.

Interview Questions

• Write OOP system to parse different type of error formats.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Two 45 min technical interview on the phone. Had to write code on both interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find the second biggest number in an array of int.
      2. implement a stack using an array.
      3. Everything you do they will ask whats the complexity and ask if you can do it in a better way.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

submit resume both online and on campus career fair, not sure which one worked. Got phone screen interviews request like 2 months later with 2 back to back phone interviews. Had some problems on how to communicate code on phone...

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied in career fair, got a call from HR in one month. I was asked for 2 interview slots. Interview questions were kind of easy, but I screwed it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Amazon held a tech-talk on campus, which I attended. Afterwards, there were recruiters collecting resumes. I gave the recruiter my resume and waited to hear back. I heard back about one month later, and scheduled an on-campus interview.

There were two back-to-back 45 minute interviews, which both involved coding with a pen and paper. During the first interview, we talked a bit about my resume, then got into some tech questions. Nothing too difficult, just practice what you learned in class. Bit-shifting and data structures, mostly. Also, KNOW YOUR TIME/SPACE COMPLEXITIES. Seriously. Before you offer a solution, know what its time/space complexity is, because they will ask for it. Lastly, there was a general logic question, which I didn't have time to answer, but I emailed the interviewer the answer later. Then, I was able to ask the interviewer some questions. The second interview wasn't very hard, just two slightly longer questions. The solutions weren't difficult, but they had a lot of corner cases that you needed to watch out for. Be very cogniscent of that: If a question seems really easy, watch for corner cases. After that, same story, asked the interviewer some questions. Got the offer four days after the interview.

Some tips/notes:

1) Be yourself! Be friendly and nice. Don't be afraid to make a joke. Don't be awkward or nervous. Just relax. You've got this. It's very important to be well-spoken.

2) Know your time/space complexities.

3) Go over your data structures. Know them better than you know yourself.

4) Watch for corner cases.

5) If you slip up, just explain yourself and your mistake. They'll understand, we all do it.

6) Be VERY vocal about what you're thinking about. They care about how you arrive at the answer.

7) If they give you a question that you have heard before, tell them. They appreciate the honesty, and then you get a chance to talk a bit about the answer. I was given one question that I already knew the answer to, I simply told the interviewer that I was already familiar with this question, and gave him my solution. We talked about it, and then I was asked to come up with a different solution to the same problem.

8) Probably not something to stress about, but it probably helps to dress nice. Nothing amazing, I just wore a button-up and nice jeans. The point is, don't show up in a T-shirt and daisy dukes, or something. Dress like you care. You should care, after all.

9) If you've got an interview scheduled and you're reading this, like I was reading all of these before mine, you're probably stressing out like I was. Just calm down. Relax. Everything is going to be okay. You got the interview because they saw something in you. YOU'RE GOING TO DO FANTASTIC. I believe in you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. Bit-shifting, data structures, efficiency.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship, no negotiation.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

2 Rounds of interview. Both telephonic.
    Round1:
     (Q1) Asked to write code to merge 2 sorted arrays.Walk through an example.
     (Q2) Asked to reverse a linked list witout using external memory. Wrote code using 3 pointers. He asked me to walk through an example.
    Round2:
     (Q1) Asked about OOP concepts with a real world example for each principle.
     (Q2) Asked about merge sort vs Quick sort / time complexities /when to use which.
     (Q3) Asked me write code about to check whether tree is symmetric.

Interview Questions

• Was confused abit about TREE SYMMETRIC question. He was expecting a recursive solution. But explained him a solution using tree inorder/preorder/postorder traversals. Explained him, and wrote code for different traversals and some functions to integrate all.
      Finally he seems convincing with my approach and solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.