Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

3.1

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got an Email from a recuter, did the first assessment and waitig for The second assessment. People say it takes days. Lets wait and see. The online assessment was average. The MCQ was average but the time makes you nervoussss

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is quite intense and usually starts with a phone interview which is followed by up to 5 interview with different people from the team and the company you might work with during your time there. Questions are mostly situation based.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you handle the consequences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

In addition to the regular Amazon page, the listing was posted on Facebook. I applied via email with a resume only and was interviewed over Skype by the 2 coordinators who would be my primary supervisors. I sent a thank you note and was hired a day or two after.

Interview Questions

• If you encounter a new problem or process you're unfamiliar with, how do you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Davis, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It is a expedited program. Amazon gave first interview on campus, it is a exam-like interview, with students gathered in a classroom and do the OA on our own laptops. It lasts about 3 hrs. There are 3 results of the first interview: get the offer, get the phone interview or get refused.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

TL;DR: Resume + Apply + Wait + Debug/Logic Challenge + Coding Challenge + Phone Interview = AMAZON INTERNSHIP!!!

1) Apply for internship at their careers site
    2) Wait 1-2 months
    3) Receive email about Round 1: debugging and logic challenge, which is basically an IQ test type of thing.
    4) Wait 1 week
    5) Receive email about Round 2: coding challenge. Coding can be practiced on LeetCode Easy/Medium. At this round, if you did VERY well on Round 1 and Round 2 (i.e. perfect score in short amount of time) you may receive offer, however this is rare.
    6) Wait 1 week
    7) Receive email about scheduling Round 3: phone interview. Phone interview will be on Easy/Medium coding interview questions, OOP, data structures, and general knowledge of coding. May include some behavioral questions as well.
    8) Wait 1 week
    9) Become an Amazonian!
    10) Have fun
    11) Return offer

Interview Questions

• 1) Debug some code and take logic test
      2) Perform coding challenge
      3) Show general knowledge of software development, code something, talk about interests
      3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds: first round was multiple choice reasoning test (~30mins) along with 7 debugging questions (21mins given). Second round was 2 programming questions. Third was phone interview over an online editor. The first test is autograded so you know pretty quickly if you've advanced. I didn't like how I asked to reschedule my interview and was ignored. I also did not like how Amazon doesn't consider culture fit, meaning they hire almost solely on technical ability rather than being a good team member/person to work with. I'm glad I'm going to be working at one of their subsidiaries with a more employee-friendly culture.

Interview Questions

• Standard programming problems, practice cracking the coding interview   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

I had two online interviews, exactly like most everyone else. If you don't have a connection with an employee and you simply apply online, this is most likely how it will play out. The first online exam was less coding and more thought-provoking, and the second online exam was standard coding interview questions. I assumed they would want super-optimal, working code that was well documented, but I now know that they want you to hack out working code as quickly as possible. Those who did it quickly got offers right after, but I had to go through a third phone interview. We spent several minutes going through behavioral questions, but the majority of the time was spent on a couple coding questions. Everything was extremely straight forward and definitely was the best interviewing experience I've had. I got the offer a day or two after the phone interview!

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Two online assessments and final phone round. The phone interview was most def solvable but make sure to talk the solution through and work with with the engineer. I think that helped me get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

They called for an assessment test, saying that the options in programming languages for the coding test are Java, C, C++ and Python. I flew in to Cambridge, all the way from my place to take the test, only to find that Python was not an option. I was OK with this and had continued to code, when the recruiter/host announced that those who prefer Python will have a separate hiring process later on, and had to leave.

Quite obviously, there were some who preferred Python for coding tests including me and we left, wasting about half a day, a certain amount unreimbursed cost of travel, as well as having missed classes and/or other important engagements for that day.

We never received any intimation later on.

I hope the recruiters learn to value the time and money of candidates and improve upon managing the process properly. Its a shame that such a big company has such a shoddy hiring process.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to complete a simple debugging questions along where you fix simple code. Then a logical reasoning section that is very straightforward. The next section is a 70 min section where you have to write two programs, I was just under prepared about would be able to do well on it after having seen what I needed to prep for.