Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Similar to above process--mostly behavioral with cases from your own experience. Watch out for bar raisers who will never be happy with your response to their question. Be calm, explain your thought process and keep moving through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What's the most innovative thing you've done on the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Two recruiter phone screens followed by a hiring team member phone screen. I was then invited to go onsite to Seattle to interview with the team. The week prior to the onsite interview, a recruiter called to prep me for the interview.

The on site hiring team was comprised of relatively new hires (< 3 years) at Amazon. In my opinion, they brought in over qualified and highly experienced (Senior Director level) product management professionals with a top 10 or top 15 MBA degree from other (non e-commerce) tech backgrounds to fill a relatively junior level position (Sr. Product Manager) at the Amazon Global Store

Interview Questions

• What would you do if ..   2 Answers
    • Walk me through your presentation to your VP on how you would launch a new car sharing service. Show me how you would structure your product's UX flow.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2016.

Interview

On-call - HR scheduled the call. Interviewer was late and didn't seem to mind it at all. This was the first interview (a phone screen). I could not provide any further detail as we mutually agreed that the job requisition is not for me. I would not apply for the job more than I would apply because I can trust my manager (and vice versa).

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about the Product cycle process that I had experience on...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email invitation for a phone interview after many weeks, and then we scheduled the call two weeks later. I received the call on time and started by intros. the interview took around 45 mins. I will not be difficult at all if you are prepared with nicely structured answers and be ready for unanticipated questions.

Interview Questions

• All questions were focused on past experiences, how to handle certain situation, what can you improve in a certain product, what project was going to fail if not for you?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Open panel, with a few different Amazon representatives as well as a recruiter. Very comfortable atmosphere, questions were actually decent which focused on problem based issues and how it could be resolved

Interview Questions

• If inventory does not add up to what was sent from the main office, how can one follow up and make sure that there is no internal theft, and what steps should be taken.   Answer Question

Product Manager, Headquarters Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

So this is bizarre...I was contacted by Amazon HR for a PM position I was well suited for. While chatting and scheduling the interview, just being transparent, it came up that I was in the 2nd round of interviews with another company before Amazon contacted me, but was excited and very interested in moving forward with Amazon. Next thing I know, 'the team is no longer interested' because I was being considered by other companies.

I have interviewed with huge companies but never seen this before in the corporate world! Made me reconsider whether this was the type of place I'd want to work for anyway, especially in light of the NYT article and CBS new stories re: the cutthroat, survival of the fittest environment. They straight up said No Thanks, just because I didn't fit into their perfect scenario of being presently employed -yet- 100% available and committed to them, not talking to anyone else, within their inflexible hiring timeline. I felt like if I worked there I could easily be fired for some arbitrary reason, because they are just that arrogant.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Got a call 1.5 months after applying. Call was scheduled but then rescheduled twice due to unavailability of the PMs. Phone screen with a PM who was very nice. I think I got nervous and did not answer as well as I could have. No unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• why Amazon?   Answer Question
    • what were your biggest accomplishments in your current job? Dove deeper on the responses..   Answer Question
    • do you have a suggestion for an improvement to the product (I was interviewing for)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my LinkedIn profile. When she called me she mentioned they don't do sponsorship for h1b visa. Also, she didn't know what opt was and didn't reviewed my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tel me about Your experience   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was introduced by first name only. The interviewer asked general questions about my background followed by questions on a specific product development life cycle I had worked on. Finally the interviewer proceeded to "behavioral based" questioning. I was asked to describe a time in which I had failed to meet objectives.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in the past in which I had failed as a product manager.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview
    Extremely positive interview process. Started out with a phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone screen with the hiring manager. Was brought onsite for a day to meet with direct team members along with business partners....approximately six 30-minute interviews. Was asked to present a previous marketing plan to the team.