Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a online test followed by a round of two interviews. The online test is really simple, with easy coding questions. My interview went really well, was really expecting a offer though. The process in completely unpredictable. In phone rounds I was asked questions about trees, algorithms, data structures, time complexity. It started with discussing my previous project work.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

The interview questions were very easy. I thought I would receive the offer. 1 month later I got a mail from Amazon saying the positions were filled. I was really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Given a random string with { [ (, check if it is balanced or not   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Champaign, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me and said that they were coming on campus and they wanted to interview for the summer software intern position. It was about an hour long and I interviewed with 2 different engineers.

Interview Questions

• A lot of tree traversal questions. Also implement mergesort.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was a one-on-one on-campus interview. They hosted an informal info-session the day before the actual interview. And it was a mix of both behavioral and situational. The interview was not particularly hard, but if you are an international student, please be sure that they will sponsor your work visa. For the position that i applied to, they didn't have the quota to sponsor.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had a phone interview before. The whole process of the interview is good. But without self-introduction or asking anything on the resume, the interviewer start directly on the technical question. There are three simple questions, all of them could be found on glassdoor. Both iterative and recursive version about fibonacci. And the interviewer follows up this question, ask for a O(logn) solution. The other two question is pretty straight forward

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and took a short online debugging assessment. Amazon wanted a single phone interview. Set up an appointment for a phone interview that was technical in nature. The interviewer talked very quietly and didn't seem to be very invested. I'd have to ask him multiple times if he was still on the phone.

Completed the phone screen and felt confident. Received a rejection in a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of search filters how would you design and implement a search through a database to return desired results.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online last winter, and I got an Email from Amazon on February. First I was asked to finish an online test. I finished my first round of phone interview a few days ago. The phone interview lasts about 40 minutes. First the interviewer asked me about my past projects, then he asked some basic data structure questions, and then he asked me to write code to a question(a question that can be solved by recursion in nature).

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a stack and a queue? what is the time complexity of insert, delete and search?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you think of a "good code".   Answer Question
    • How to implement a hash table?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First Round Interviews. There are two 30 min back to back interviews. They ask behavioral questions and go deep into your stories. It is important to review your stories and have a clear message to deliver, they want to know the impact of every story and the take outs you had. The interview is very informal and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Situation when you failed and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Online coding test then a phone interview with coding. Online coding test is simple if you have basic coding knowledge not complex at all. The phone interview consist of you coding while the interviewer asks question. Present the solution clearly, explain any edge cases. Make sure you are in a quiet place with a good connection and can hear the call properly.

Interview Questions

• For the online coding test, fix a for loop so it outputs correctly   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2016.

Interview

Online debugging test. 7 Questions in 21 minutes which was easy. My interviewer had an accent so it was a bit tough but I just didn't get the question in time. Nice guy

Interview Questions

• The stock prices in the array one and then questions on mergesort + quicksort   Answer Question