Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

3.2

527 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

I applied online on the website. After couple of weeks I gave an Online Assessment. After almost 2 weeks, a Phone Interview was scheduled. There were normal questions related to data structures like queues, linked lists and hashmap. then there was a coding question. It was quiet nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The first interview was simply a brief online assessment about the ability to debug simple code in C++ or Java. There were very few questions and the time limit was 20 minutes. The second interview was planned to be held via phone call, but the recruiters never got back with the details.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

First round was code debugging round. finish 7 questions within 21 minutes. webcam will be on. I cleared first round. Second and final round was a phone interview. maximum subarray sum was asked. Function signature will be given and you have to complete it. prepare data structures and algorithms well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

45 Mins back to back 2 interviews. The interviewers were calm.
    Interview on white-board, expected me to write the code as well as explain the code while writing.
    Interviewers were very humble and they did not made me feel any fear of the interview, instead made me feel very calm.
    Also, gave hints based on my understanding.

Interview Questions

• Related to solving 2-D matrix problems related to time/space complexity, DFS,BFS   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

The interview questions were very easy. I thought I would receive the offer. 1 month later I got a mail from Amazon saying the positions were filled. I was really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Given a random string with { [ (, check if it is balanced or not   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pleasant interview experience. Not a very tough interview. Most questions from cracking the coding interview. The time complexity of each coded program was asked in the interview. The interviewer was interactive.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly on linked list. Like finding duplicate elements in Singly linked list.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via campus recruiting system. And I got contacted, asking to sit for the coding assessment. I was a group assessment at my campus. I did passed the online test, but I didn't pass the in-person coding assessment.

Interview Questions

• First section involved, some kind of mathematical logic and puzzle.

Second section was about write up the appropriate code for the storage goods using tree ADT. I had to actually write up codes and explain my approach in the blank page.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Edison, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Call from BC CANADA . having connection problem occurs occasionally
    At First, some behavior questions, then talk about project and coding
    Not so hard, the same question of single number in leetcode.
    Later get a email says the position is full.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a online test followed by a round of two interviews. The online test is really simple, with easy coding questions. My interview went really well, was really expecting a offer though. The process in completely unpredictable. In phone rounds I was asked questions about trees, algorithms, data structures, time complexity. It started with discussing my previous project work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Champaign, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me and said that they were coming on campus and they wanted to interview for the summer software intern position. It was about an hour long and I interviewed with 2 different engineers.

Interview Questions

• A lot of tree traversal questions. Also implement mergesort.   1 Answer