Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

3.1

898 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marseille (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Marseille (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone - video conference call. Formal questions, yet comfortable easy-going conversational tone. Would ask question and leave it up to the interviewee (me) to answer it for as long as I would like to.

Intern - Product Manager Automotive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in November 2016.

Interview

Amazon Luxembourg: J'ai passé un numerical assessment test (Kenexa/IBM) puis un entretien téléphonique d'environ 45 minutes (en anglais).
    Candidature en ligne sur leur site, un test en ligne après 1 semaine et un entretien téléphonique après 2 semaines.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2016.

Interview

The recruitment process was composed of 2 interviews. First interview was technical (with an engineer). Questions were project specific + related to my studies. Second interview was with HR: based on Amazon leadership principles ("Give me an example when ...Leadership principle...")
    The interviews weren't hard but you have to be well prepared to answer to the questions. Be ready to talk about your last professional experiences, why did you apply for this job.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me some modelisation + mapping software you used before? Pro/cons   2 Answers
    • What are you developing/coding capabilities   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2016.

Interview

First round was technical+coding.
    technical questions were mainly from geeksforgeeks gate questions
    medium level coding questions and test was hosted on hackerrank platform.
    3 technical rounds questions from os and data structure and algorithms

Interview Questions

• intersection of linked list(one finite other infinite)
      string formed from dialled numbers
      anagrams
      merging two sorted linked list
      frog jump problem
      friends circle problems   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in October 2016.

Interview

- Premier entretien téléphonique avec un manager
    Entretien classique au début avec des questions sur vos projets puis questions techniques sur des algorithmes.

Je n'ai pas participé aux étapes suivantes :
    - "Coding interview"
    - Entretien sur site

Interview Questions

• Q : Présentez un projet dont vous êtes fier   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Provo, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

After a first round phone interview, which lasted half an hour I was emailed a project. I was given a set amount of time in which to complete the project. The project was very open ended where certain assumptions had to be made, which you had to be prepared to give reasons why you made those assumptions. After the allotted time I turned in the project and the following day I had two separate forty five minute interviews. The first was a hard core evaluation of my project, and the second was an overview of my project followed by typical interview questions.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a single interview at their London offices. It was mainly technical. After a couple of behavioural questions, I spent the rest of the interview tackling a coding question. The interviewer was very helpful and very nice throughout the whole interview. I received the rejection email the day after the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

After an online numerical test I had 3 interviews, the first round was one phone interview, followed by another 2 phone interviews back to back. The process was great, the interviewers were really friendly members of the team (not HR recruiters) and asked a lot of STAR questions based on their leadership principles, so it's important to think of examples where you've shown each of their leadership principles through your own work. Each interview was a similar format, overall it took about 3 weeks from first interview to an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond the call of duty for a customer   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2016.

Interview

I knew someone at the company who forwarded my information to get me the initial interview. Had two phone calls with HR but didn't advance past that process. The technical questions were fairly difficult. Behaviorals were not bad at all. The interviewer was very pleasant and helpful through the process. Good communication and good experience overall despite the result.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Amazon came for the campus recruitment for Internships.
    There were total of 3 rounds for the process.
    In first round there were 2 programming questions and 20 technical MCQ.
    Second round was pen and paper.
    Third round was technical interview