Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.1

890 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

Two phone interviews.
    The first interviewer asked two coding questions:
    1. Reverse a doubly-linked list
    2. build a trie for a dictionary
    The second interviewer asked many behavior questions such as: if you cannot finish a job before the deadline, would you do your best but not finished, or tell your boss you can't...something like that. Then asked some knowledge based questions:
    1. difference between inner join and outer join
    2. difference between interface and abstract class in java

Interview Questions

• Given a text file, perform a pre-processing step to create a DS; so later when queried for a word, the lookup is very fast.   1 Answer

Interview

Split a linked list into even and odd parts
    Sqrt function

Interview Questions

• Given a red and black tree,traverse a tree from bottom to up and remove red nodes preserving structure of tree   Answer Question

Interview

selected for the phone call interview. two back to back phone interviews of 45 minutes each on single day with 15 minutes break. questions based on hashing, algorithms, c ,c++

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Very simple two rounds phone screening. About past projects and programming languages.

Interview Questions

• All very straightforward. Simple dictionary tree, hash table, finding prime numbers.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

asked relativiley simple questions. mostly coding questions about stuff you learn in school. first interview was much easier then the second.

Intern Interview

Interview

first round- 25 questions in 1:30hrs including 2 coding ques hosted by interviewstreet
    second round- telephonic interview in which there was 3 coding ques we were supposed to dictate the code for the given questions.
    third round- telephonic interview same as the second round only the ques were bit tough.

Interview Questions

• i made it till 2nd round, the 3 coding ques were-
      1- find if the given BT is BST
      2- replace every element of a BT with the sum of its inorder successors
      3- every element in an array occurs twice except 1, find the number   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Submitted a resume through my school's career office, was contacted by the company to participate in a series of phone interviews, specifically 3 phone interviews with a final call for the offer.

Interview Questions

• General questions about distribution and operations, which were outside of my engineering background   Answer Question

Interview

Was two 40 minute phone calls, one after another. They were both pretty easy. The hardest question I got was an inane one relating to binary arithmetic, other than that question, drill your OOD, and algorithms and you'll do great

Interview Questions

• How do you check if the 5th bit is a 1 in a binary number   1 Answer

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and after a couple weeks, I got an email from a recruiter requesting an interview. It was phone call with coding questions on a collaborative editing site, and I was asked three or four programming questions. They generally involved knowing how to modify a common algorithm to solve a slightly unusual problem.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the question specifically, but it involved memoization.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Interviewed on Campus with a two person panel. Heard back from the recruiter a week later who informed me that they were incline to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Know how to calculate UPH (Units Per Hour) and the process flow of warehouses.   Answer Question