Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Online assessment. I received an email containing a link to the online test. It said it will take about thirty minutes. The test is made of two parts, debugging and reasoning. The first part is pretty easy if you are familiar with java. They provide several test cases to help you debug the code. The second part, the reasoning part is a little bit tricky but not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Several reasoning questions like finding patterns of two strings.
      Debugging questions of java code.
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. Applied through employee referral and got a short test sent to me within a few weeks. The first test was a quick logic test with both word problems as well as visual pictures. After passing that I got a 3 question programming test. I passed all the test cases for the first 2 problems and had more that 50% of the test cases passing on the last problem. Welp, two days later and I was informed that I didn't make it through.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

good experience! study your concepts in data structure and algorithms as well keep track of time,if not
    don't panic as it will only make it worse.Practice hackerrank and leetcode thoroughly before attempting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2016.

Interview

Solid overall process, spoke with multiple individuals within Amazon and they asked a lot of questions regarding my knowledge of dealing with Human resources and managerial situations because I was applying as an HR intern

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your call center was facing challenges specific to a problem   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

online assessment of 7 debugging questions in twenty mins and 24 logical reasoning in thirty five minutes. Practice debugging codes keeping account of time. Logical reasoning questions were similar to ones found on indiabix.com

Interview Questions

• puzzle-based logical reasoning   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted my cv and was quite quickly asked to have an interview. It was a video interview via Biba(Amazon's version of Skype) and lasted 90 minutes. It was split into 3 sections with the first being focused on soft skills - leadership qualities, teamwork, curiosity and passion for tech; the next two sections were on programming questions - data structures and object orientated design.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an online shopping cart.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Amazon has a mysterious application system! I asked my friend to refer me last October and got no response. Until I finally received an online assessment email, there have been two people working at Amazon referred me and I applied online myself, and also I submitted resume on campus.
    Amazon is expanding and anyone passes the system will receive 2 online tests. The first one is reasoning and debugging questions, which are easy enough. The second includes 2 coding problems. Generally anyone with more than one year coding experiences can pass the tests but only lucky guys receive offer. I mean it!!! One of my friends got stuck when he finished all the questions and submitted to the system. No update for more than two weeks and the system simply says "processing".
    No real person is helping you until you get an offer. Even though recruiters show up late, they are not friendly and sometimes make me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2016.

Interview

2 online assessments, then phone interview. The 2 online assessments were the standard assessments given to all intern applicants: 7 debug questions + logical reasoning questions. The second assessment was 2 coding questions. Phone interview was similar in nature to the 2nd assessment, but with an Amazon engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in early October, got an assessment in early January. Pretty standard 7 debugging questions and a logical reasoning portion. Passed this assessment and moved on to the coding portion. Got two problems with 70 minutes to solve. Both were around easy level on a site like LeetCode. After this I moved on to a final round phone interview. Interviewer was pleasant and on time. Got emailed 3 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your best achievements on a project in the past?   19 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online via a relatively slick form. I was not asked for recommendation letters. I was emailed a week later to complete a online test, which composed of a debugging test for several 20ish line functions, and a logic test which is your standard logical ability portion of an IQ test, i.e. pattern recognition, spacial logic, etc. A week later, they emailed me again, saying that I passed, and I was asked to take a 70 minute coding test. This was quite easy, and I finished in half the time limit. A week later I got an offer. Not once did I talk with a real person.