Amazon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017
14,275 Interview Reviews

3.1

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Very strange - minimal conversation...question asked, wait for answer, next question...very robotic. There was zero emotion or engagement. Also everything was "not our policy to share...". Make it more personable and make people want to work for the leaders, not Amazon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time an idea of yours was not accepted and how it made you feel.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Completed the online assessment part 1. It had two parts, code debugging (Java, C or C++) and logical reasoning (pattern recognition type questions). Preparing for the online assessment part 2.

Interview Questions

• The code debugging questions (for C) involved some questions which had syntactical errors. But majority had logical errors.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter and within two weeks I had spoken with her, the hiring manager, and a colleague of his. The scheduler also was prompt and the whole process moved along smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to intervene in order to speed up a desired outcome...   Answer Question

Yard Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

About a month long process. They do mostly everything through email and for the interview I was given the option of a phone interview or in person. they asked about 5 questions, mostly want you to give scenarios from the past experience

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to take a task or decision upon yourself without the help of supervisor? and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It is a very very long process. Overall, it felt like that the company have lots of money and time to spare. So they can afford to go through all of the steps without selecting the very fitful candidate. As a supply chain professional, I think the onsite interview process could be improved to save some costs. The process should reflect the supply chain leadership position Amazon have, be more efficient and cost effective.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was friendly interview with mainly behavioral questions and few basic SQL questions related to joints and union. The phone interview lasted for about 30 minutes, their was a bit delay in scheduling the phone interview as it took about 2 weeks to schedule the interview and get the phone interview done.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Initiated by online assessment. First online assessment was a few debugging questions in either C/Java, which was followed by 20-30 logic questions. Next step was another assessment; this assessment began with a 1-2 hour long "Day at Amazon" simulation, then two coding questions.

Data Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online, first stage was an exam in the language, then the phone interview: half of it was conducted in the language, with the interviewer being a native speaker. Standard Amazon interview questions; it took exactly 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time one large problem ended up being broken down into smaller problems.   Answer Question

Operations Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online in Spring 2017. The interview process lasted 2 months. 1 HR screening, 1 phone call with a Product Manager, 1 tech screening with the Director of FEDS and then on-site. The on-site interview included a presentation and five individual talks. The interviewers were extremely nice. The position required expertise in optimization and my background was not a good match. It was a great experience and I understood what I was lacking.

Interview Questions

• Modeling optimization problems and machine learning algorithms   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

No formal interview, just waiting on emails for the next step, which is a very lengthy process. It took me almost 6 months from when I applied to when I actually started.