Amazon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017
11,222 Interview Reviews

3.1

Warehouse Associate Interview

Interview

no interview just drug n background test hiring takes about three weeks some of the agencies like integrity only take a week high turn over great medical benefits better then almost any other company

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Received an email to set up a video chat. Had an initial interview via video chat, 30 minutes with two employees, and was extended a final interview as well, 45 minutes with 2 different employees. Interviews were a mixture of case and behavioral questions- the same for initial and final interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
      Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a boss. What did you do?

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied for TPM role.
    At same time they called me ( without applying) for senior TPM role in another team.

TPM role:
    First phone interview, was about leadership principles and why i choose amazon and why i was a fit. I passed and got notice for second phone interview in 2-3 days.
    Second phone interview was about TPM preparation sheet, i studied it and then they asked me nothing. It was all about my past experience and leadership principles.
    I have been waiting for more than 2 weeks for outcome of second interview with no response from recruiter. ( usually it takes only 3 business days to respond)

Senior TPM role:
    First phone interview should have involved coding!
    But there was no single coding question.
    It was all about again leadership principles.
    I passed this one but recruiter never setup the second phone interview ( although he told me i passed in an email)

I think combining what happened to me in both interviews , they were no aware i was interviewing for TPM and senior TPM role at same time and when they discovered , they decided to sacrifice my candidancy and that is why they stopped responding to me or even tell me if i passed or not( although i am sure i passed all)

Very disrespectful company.

Interview Questions

• Leadership principles is basically the first interview on phone   Answer Question
    • For second phone interview they sent me a sheet to cover the questions i was supposed to be asked about. But at the end asked only about my experience and again leadership principles   Answer Question

Middle-level Finance Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied for a few positions online. For each position, I was contacted by different HR representatives (either a recruiter or a recruiting coordinator or both) with basic screening questions including an ask to provide "verifiable compensation", which I refused to comply on the basis of personal privacy (I provided my salary expectation instead). I was able to have phone-screens with hiring managers but did not move forward to the onsite interview round. Most people sounded friendly and professionally. Hiring managers seemed to mainly focus on 1) quantitative achievements and 2) how I dealt with conflicts and disagreements with managers and upper level management. Conversations, however, seemed to turn awkward when I put the same questions back to them, asking about their management style and specific challenges of the job. One position was later filled by an internal promotion, which I felt a waste of my time to be included in the process. Heavy SQL requirement for senior roles was also a red flag for me.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online at Amazon.com around October 2016. I received the first coding assessment in late December. After passing the debug section with 7/7 and doing pretty well on the logic questions, I received the second assessment the following day.

The second assessment consisted of two coding questions. Think LeetCode Easy. After getting 18/18 for test cases on the first problem and 14/18 for test cases on the second, a recruiter reached out to me wanting to set up a 45 minute phone interview. I've heard if you do well enough on the second assessment you can receive an offer right away without needing a phone interview.

The phone interview was your pretty typical technical screen. I was asked to complete two coding problems and explain the time complexity for each of my algorithms. The interviewer then modified the problems a bit and I had to adjust accordingly. These problems I would also consider to be LeetCode Easy/Medium. I thought I didn't do well enough on the phone interview, but nevertheless received an offer in my email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Think LeetCode Easy/Medium.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as it is for an internship, but

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Online assessment. I received an email containing a link to the online test. It said it will take about thirty minutes. The test is made of two parts, debugging and reasoning. The first part is pretty easy if you are familiar with java. They provide several test cases to help you debug the code. The second part, the reasoning part is a little bit tricky but not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Several reasoning questions like finding patterns of two strings.
      Debugging questions of java code.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The first step is to getting an accessment test to see what is your programming and logical skills are. The programming test took about 30 minutes to finish and include 7 questions. Most of them gives you a function that couldn't compile. You will need to find the bug and fix it.

Interview Questions

• Usually it's why the function didn't work.   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on AWS website, got a phone interview scheduled in a week, the interviewer called me on time. but I did not correctly follow because of his Chinese accent, it was a technical phone interview, where we share the screen to write sql scripts, he started the interview with some behavioral questions for about 15 min and then he jumped to screen share which is fine but on the screen he never wrote the question, he verbally spoke of what he wanted and asked me to write a query on the fly, they mentioned it is in depth technical interview but was mostly behavioral questions with couple of technical quesitons

Interview Questions

• DML / DDL definitons and examples,
      why AWS?
      Tell me a creative thing you have done in your current job.
      SQL query - if there are store with store id and Total_sales and order date, he wanted to compare last weeks revenue to this week by store Id(which I assume because he never wrote the question properly and he just told on the fly, we have board where both of us can write but he have could written the question atleast , its hard to understand the question on the phone with his accent)

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

TL;DR: Resume + Apply + Wait + Debug/Logic Challenge + Coding Challenge + Phone Interview = AMAZON INTERNSHIP!!!

1) Apply for internship at their careers site
    2) Wait 1-2 months
    3) Receive email about Round 1: debugging and logic challenge, which is basically an IQ test type of thing.
    4) Wait 1 week
    5) Receive email about Round 2: coding challenge. Coding can be practiced on LeetCode Easy/Medium. At this round, if you did VERY well on Round 1 and Round 2 (i.e. perfect score in short amount of time) you may receive offer, however this is rare.
    6) Wait 1 week
    7) Receive email about scheduling Round 3: phone interview. Phone interview will be on Easy/Medium coding interview questions, OOP, data structures, and general knowledge of coding. May include some behavioral questions as well.
    8) Wait 1 week
    9) Become an Amazonian!
    10) Have fun
    11) Return offer

Interview Questions

• 1) Debug some code and take logic test
      2) Perform coding challenge
      3) Show general knowledge of software development, code something, talk about interests
      2 Answers

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Received an email that they are impressed with my Resume and would like to set up a telephone interview which is technical round Screening for the initial process. I was given a URL where I can write the logic. Mainly focussed on Data Structures.

Interview Questions

• Inteviewer directly jumped into code and asked me to write code to find the maximum count of consecutive numbers in a 2 dimensional array?   Answer Question