Amazon Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 30, 2017

3.4

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Knowledge Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Lisbon (Portugal)) in June 2016.

Interview

Got response 3 days after apply by online to do online numerical test, less than a week the returned with phone interview schedule as I, less than a week after that I got email for the second interview but this time with 3 different Manager and Heads of Department. As I'm in different country so the interview will be by Jabber (similar as Skype). This second interview will be end of this month, so I cant say if I get this job or not.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge in managing project? (I had few years working experience)
      How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Transaction Risk Management Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a walk in interview. The process was hard . There were 4 rounds .

JAM session. almost 40 people in a room and you will be asked to speak on a topic . this is to ensure good communication skills . only 4 got selected after this round.

Online Test based on Decision making ( Assertion, Conclusion, Deduction etc ). : this had 40 questions with a time limit of 60 min and it had 5 sections.A lot of detailed information and examples were given on problem-solving in each of the areas. If one pays attention to these details one can clear this confusing round with ease.

Voice versant ( very innovative which includes reading sentences, repeating sentences , answering simple questions, sentence rearrangement, story retelling, personal questions ).

HR round.

Interview Questions

• About my final year project
      About my third year project
      Risk in E-commerce
      Fraud by buyer
      Fraud by seller   Answer Question

Associate Partner Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then online tests and then I had a telephone interview with a Manager. After that I was invited for a 4-hour interview with the Managers of Amazon. The process was not pleasent, they keep asking the same things and their questions make feel that this job was worthless.

Interview Questions

• Several Case studies for instanse:
      1.What actions you would take in order to double the prime subscribers.
      2. several questions regarding the Leadership Principles of Amazon.   Answer Question

Program Manager - Seller Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a long grueling process that spanned 3 months. I appeared for 3 telephonic rounds lasting for 1 hour each and then they called me to the Bangalore facility.

The bad thing here was - that they did not pay for my stay, which they,as a company, always do. The interview panel was superb & highly polite. We had a marathon of five back-to-back interviews that lasted for an hour each, with a break of 45 mins in between for lunch.

After these interviews, I were confident to hear an affirmative or negative answer, but the HR did a worst job of communicating with me.

After giving these 8 interviews, they were not satisfied which is why they took 3 more telephonic interviews. This entire process took 2 months.

The HR told me that everything is positive and they are ready to roll out the offer letter which never happened. For one month, they kept talking about my salary expectations and the role only to finally deny the offer.

The worst part here is - the unnecessary interview rounds even though they know that the person is not a fit for the role. They should not begin the salary discussions and get the other person's hopes high when they are not going to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest achievement and why?   1 Answer
    • What has been your biggest failure?   Answer Question
    • Which has been your most successful project and why? What will you do different if you have to do it all over again?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a great fit for the role and why? What are your career plans?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflicts? How do you handle senior management & set expectations?   Answer Question

Transaction Risk Management Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

I'm basically from Bangalore and went to Hyderabad just for the sake of interview. I cleared all the three rounds i.e, aptitude, voice versant and the manager round and was told to wait for a week for document verification and after 15 days I called them to find out that the process was call off and would start next year, does that mean that I am reject?? I am confused at the movement and would need some guide lines regarding such situations.

Transaction Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The first round consisted of our brief introduction. On the basis of that, the chosen candidates were sent for typing skills round. Those who qualified second round, underwent the telephone based voice and accent test round. And the candidates who cleared this round went for the final interview.

Interview Questions

• One situation in family where you had a tough time to convince them for something?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself and your hobbies.   1 Answer
    • Why Amazon?   1 Answer

Management Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was a whirlwind from the screening interview to 9 hours of back-to-back interviews. Unfortunately it was only after those interviews that I was told in the final interview with the hiring manager that the job I was being interviewed for had already been filled a couple of days earlier. Afterwards, the very efficient recruiter said there were still more junior jobs they needed to fill. So a total waste of my time. I hopeJeff Bezos reads this post because it took about 5 minutes of detective work online to realise the leader of the new team, an external hire, was hiring cronies from the past. Key hires were brought in who had never worked in an industry remotely connected to the industry the Amazon team would be working in. I am pretty sure I was short-listed and brought in for interviews as window dressing because they had to go through the motions of pretending they were weighing other candidates. Very unprofessional and rather horrifying cronyism.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when something didn't go your way and you had to fix it?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when the group didn't agree with your proposal? How did you deal with that?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you made a mistake. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you weren't able to give the customer what they wanted. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to help out colleagues. How?   Answer Question

I pulled out once I found out the job wasn't available

Business Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in July 2015.

Interview

first step was a general interview with HR. The HR showed a positive attitude and felt a good vibe with her.
    second step was a competency-based interview with a member of the team I would be working with.
    This person sounded depressed and negative since the first words she spoke, and left me with a negative perception of the job itself (who wants to work with negative people?)

Interview Questions

• Tell me of your biggest achievement in your working experience   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

that was easy but should have good communication, get prepared well before going , should wait for long time .... english speaking and typing is important, be confident , cool hrs.. but bad judgement that is what i felt they will test u r confidence more

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2015.

Interview

Very good experience HR was very cool selected through campus selection previews process starts with Jam session where HR sorts out then followed by a test in reasoning,English versatile test then Hr