Amazon Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.3

513 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Athens, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They had me go through situational test (what would you do). Had 2 30 minute interviews via online and they asked many behavioral and personality based questions. Interviewers appeared to be other operations managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were unable to overcome an obstacle to meet a deadline.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Tracy, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was very well organized to help the candidate prepare for the interviews.
    First, contacted with questions through email with links to videos and web sites to learn more about the company and culture.
    Second, contacted with clarification comments and questions
    Third, phone interview with instructions for what to prepare for and the interviewers name ahead of the interview
    Fourth, on site interview, again with a detailed agenda for what to expect.

I would say the Amazon leadership principles are a great asset to the company and create such a good process for preparing candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you accomplished something great and what was the result.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 minute screening interview at a military-focused career fair - asked a few behavioral questions plus a fairly easy math problem. Got invited to an onsite interview - very professional impression; booked me a flight, car, hotel. At the Amazon site, eight of us cycled between four interviewers - a local, an HR person (also a local), a Sr. Ops manager, and another senior operations person who evaluated another math problem. Took about four hours. They each had a laptop with behavioral questions that apparently are designed to determine if you have demonstrated their desired behaviors. I got the "we're not moving forward" call a week later (good on them for making the decision so quickly). My best guess is I killed my chances with my answer to the question about my weakness (they call it "opportunity"). My answer, impatience, caused some concern about how I'd deal with people working for me. Lesson learned - follow the conventional wisdom to provide an absolutely innocuous weakness that would have little impact on the role.
    Overall, my experience was positive - the recruiters did a very nice job maintaining contact during the process and actually responded to emails. Letting me know their decision in a week, though disappointing, proves it can be done!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you influenced a change by only asking questions.   2 Answers

Operations Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by Amazon recruiter, spoke to him on phone, had interview set up a week later with an HR person. A few days later received an email that they wanted to do a second, longer interview. Had second interview a week later. The next day got an offer. Very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA, but prepare to answer behavioral questions via the S.T.A.R. Method. Think about specific work experiences you've had.   Answer Question

The hours/schedule didn't work for me.

Operations Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2016.

Interview

The HR called after an email stating to schedule the interview. Initially had to follow up thrice to get the interview scheduled. Once it was scheduled the call was on time.

Interview Questions

• Explained about the job description and asked me how i would fit into that position.   2 Answers

Supply Chain Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Intro phone screen with the HR, couple of rounds of phone screen with Hiring manager and with a Director and the I was invited to come on site.
    6 rounds of interviews- 3 Directors/Research Scientists, 2 Sr. Managers and 1 with a person from a totally different team. All the interviews on site were 1:1 and were very technical.

Interview Questions

• Strategies to design Supply Chain Network for Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Now etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

About 15 of us were initially taken on a tour of one of their fulfillment centers. This showed the processes of picking and packaging and gave us the the lay of the facility. There was no organized location for supplies as they explained there wasn't a need for it. We were all given a work flow problem to calculate and asked us to be able to discuss how we came to the conclusion. We met with three more interviewers that asked us questions on how we fit their leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• What major contribution have you made in your current position to improve a process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Irvine, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Few days after my online application, I received an email from a recruiter asking my availability for a brief conversation (initial phone screening). The recruiter was very punctual. The whole phone interview process lasted about 40 minutes. During the interview, the recruiter gave me various scenarios, following by series of questions. At the end of our conversation, the recruiter advised me to read through company's leadership principles to better prepare the follow-up interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you find yourself fit into the criteria in the job description?   1 Answer

Cdl/Backhoe Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very Unrofessional hiring manager kept walking in and out of interview.His mind was obviously somewhere else.Fellow Workers walking in and out of official Hisite door was not close during interview.

Procurement Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Very detail-oriented interview. Management-level interviews should be filled with fact-based responses. Interviewers expect specific details with your responses. If you take the time to answer thoughtfully, you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• if you had to order a million dollar part on Friday to get orders out or 10,000 on Monday, which would you choose?   1 Answer