Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.1

905 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied with the general application online for a summer internship in 2017. Shortly after, I was notified by a recruiter that they were hosting an on-site hiring event, which would consist of several interviews. They requested that I send in my resume again, which was already submitted with the online application, and they would provide the next steps regarding a coding challenge and flight details. I proceeded to send in my resume as requested, although they should already have my information. However, with the event date drawing closer, the recruiter responded quite late about a week later stating that I was not fit for the event, a confusing statement since they already had my resume before initially reaching out to me. I asked what might have changed, but the recruiter never responded.

A few weeks after, a different recruiter reached out to me stating that they were hosting another hiring event for full time employees. I was very confused because I had clearly submitted an application for a summer internship as I am still in my third year of undergraduate school. I responded to this recruiter stating that I am a third year and asking if I could be put in contact with someone regarding a summer internship, but she as well never responded to me.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied on a college campus. A few weeks later I got an email inviting me on-campus to interview for a full-time position that was meant for someone post-grad with at least 2 years of experience. So that was bizarre. Then I got an email telling me that I needed to take their online assessment that they had sent me before it expired, but they had never sent me the assessment invitation in the first place. After I pointed this out, they did send me the assessment email (2 of them for some reason). I took the online test and a day later got a rejection email. Then two days later I got an email congratulating me on moving on to their phone interview round, which they claimed is their final round.

My phone interviewer could not have been more unprofessional; I don't think he'd ever interviewed someone before. He basically told me he was an intern, kept interrupting me, forgot things I would tell him within minutes, and his questions were ridiculously unclear. I've had many technical interviews, but this guy couldn't articulate his thoughts to save his life. He asked me if I had experience in one area, I told him no, and he then proceeded to ask me several detailed questions about that area. He gave me a tone of 'wow, you're dumb' when I told him I didn't know the answer to one of those questions.

Their online editor was also glitching out a lot when I was using it, so that made it incredibly difficult to code on it. The interviewer didn't at all seem concerned that the editor was flashing blue bars on random lines of code and deleting certain lines at will. The whole process was unorganized, unpleasant, and convinced me that I never want to work for amazon.

Interview Questions

• I was asked one question about my resume, even though the interviewer told me we were going to 'review' it together.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was an interview at the University of Washington after a career fair. Talked with two people, both Indian who worked at Amazon. It was kind of hard to understand them through the accents, but other than that they were both very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Given two nodes in a binary tree, find their first common ancestor (if it exists).   1 Answer
    • Given a 2D array, find the sum of all the elements in the array. O(n^2) solution is too slow, find ways to optimize (ended up adding a second parameter 2D array).   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Completed an online test. phone interview scheduled. the interviewer did not seem interested. Question about printing result of a cd command eg which directory it is in could contain ./..

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Thorough behavioral interview. They were checking for a fit for Amazon culture and their leadership qualities. They were keen to dig deeper and questioned every statement and word I choose. They were all video interviews

Interview Questions

• name a process you've changed   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to quickly make a decision that you could not speak to your supervisor about. How did it go? If good, then asked tell me about a time it did not go well.    Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First round was a coding test followed by a phone interview. Interview was pretty easy with some questions on resume and then one coding question. The interviewer was looking for the most optimal solution.

Interview Questions

• Intersection of two linked lists   2 Answers

Application

Interview

I apply online and a few days later i receive an email from a recruiter to do a online test in hackerrank. The test had about have 8 to 10 question, two of them were coding and had a time limit of 60 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process (at least the portion I made it through) was conducted purely online. I received an easy online logic/coding assessment followed by a more lengthy, difficult assessment. I never got the opportunity to directly communicate with anyone in charge of the recruitment process. I was also never given feedback as to why I wasn't considered for the next round of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• General logic/debugging questions. Write a method that determines whether two rectangles overlap given their top-right and bottom-left coordinates.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

They asked for an online assessment and they never actually send the assessment. Because they did not reply back to my email for a week, I followed up with the HR representative to ask what was happening. However, they replied around a month and an half afterwards telling me that the internship position was now closed and told me to apply the year after.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred by my friend in November, got OA email in January, and after I will take the interview on Fab. 3rd. The online assessment contains only 7 easy debug coding questions, two days after I submitted OA I got their email schedule a phone screen interview. The whole process was pretty fast.