Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

3.2

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had a phone interview before. The whole process of the interview is good. But without self-introduction or asking anything on the resume, the interviewer start directly on the technical question. There are three simple questions, all of them could be found on glassdoor. Both iterative and recursive version about fibonacci. And the interviewer follows up this question, ask for a O(logn) solution. The other two question is pretty straight forward

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and took a short online debugging assessment. Amazon wanted a single phone interview. Set up an appointment for a phone interview that was technical in nature. The interviewer talked very quietly and didn't seem to be very invested. I'd have to ask him multiple times if he was still on the phone.

Completed the phone screen and felt confident. Received a rejection in a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of search filters how would you design and implement a search through a database to return desired results.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online last winter, and I got an Email from Amazon on February. First I was asked to finish an online test. I finished my first round of phone interview a few days ago. The phone interview lasts about 40 minutes. First the interviewer asked me about my past projects, then he asked some basic data structure questions, and then he asked me to write code to a question(a question that can be solved by recursion in nature).

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a stack and a queue? what is the time complexity of insert, delete and search?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you think of a "good code".   Answer Question
    • How to implement a hash table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Online coding test then a phone interview with coding. Online coding test is simple if you have basic coding knowledge not complex at all. The phone interview consist of you coding while the interviewer asks question. Present the solution clearly, explain any edge cases. Make sure you are in a quiet place with a good connection and can hear the call properly.

Interview Questions

• For the online coding test, fix a for loop so it outputs correctly   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First Round Interviews. There are two 30 min back to back interviews. They ask behavioral questions and go deep into your stories. It is important to review your stories and have a clear message to deliver, they want to know the impact of every story and the take outs you had. The interview is very informal and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Situation when you failed and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2016.

Interview

Online debugging test. 7 Questions in 21 minutes which was easy. My interviewer had an accent so it was a bit tough but I just didn't get the question in time. Nice guy

Interview Questions

• The stock prices in the array one and then questions on mergesort + quicksort   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Bloomington, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was a debugging test that consisted of 7 questions. Next round was final round-was a phone interview. Asked me about my projects, how I dealt with issues in projects, etc. Then they asked basic technical questions on linkedlists, trees and hashing and then a problem on Graphs.

Interview Questions

• Tasks depend on one another. You have to find whether there exists a task A such that it depends on a task B but B depends on A too. What data structure will you use ? How will you proceed with the solution?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The hiring process is simple. Your require to apply through their career site. If they like your resume you receive an assessment test and if you clear that then there is a phone interview of 45 mins.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2016.

Interview

Solved both the codes error free. Phone wasn't clear, so I asked interviewer to type every question on the collabedit. Don't know what went wrong. I thought I did well. I didn't speak much as the phone wasn't clear. Maybe that did some harm. Speak as much as you can, don't make any code typos. Practice before on collabedit to get used to UI.

Interview Questions

• 1. Min stack implementation
      2. Connected components analysis
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

wait for the phone call to come, then introduce each other, introduce resume, then questions. after all questions, ask about amazon by me. question consists of 2 easy algorithm questions and 1 OOD question, all questions are not difficult.

Interview Questions

• 1.find all numbers in a list that occurs odd times.
      2.validate BST