Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

3.1

898 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was an interview at the University of Washington after a career fair. Talked with two people, both Indian who worked at Amazon. It was kind of hard to understand them through the accents, but other than that they were both very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Given two nodes in a binary tree, find their first common ancestor (if it exists).   1 Answer
    • Given a 2D array, find the sum of all the elements in the array. O(n^2) solution is too slow, find ways to optimize (ended up adding a second parameter 2D array).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Completed an online test. phone interview scheduled. the interviewer did not seem interested. Question about printing result of a cd command eg which directory it is in could contain ./..

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Thorough behavioral interview. They were checking for a fit for Amazon culture and their leadership qualities. They were keen to dig deeper and questioned every statement and word I choose. They were all video interviews

Interview Questions

• name a process you've changed   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to quickly make a decision that you could not speak to your supervisor about. How did it go? If good, then asked tell me about a time it did not go well.    Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First round was a coding test followed by a phone interview. Interview was pretty easy with some questions on resume and then one coding question. The interviewer was looking for the most optimal solution.

Interview Questions

• Intersection of two linked lists   2 Answers

Application

Interview

I apply online and a few days later i receive an email from a recruiter to do a online test in hackerrank. The test had about have 8 to 10 question, two of them were coding and had a time limit of 60 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process (at least the portion I made it through) was conducted purely online. I received an easy online logic/coding assessment followed by a more lengthy, difficult assessment. I never got the opportunity to directly communicate with anyone in charge of the recruitment process. I was also never given feedback as to why I wasn't considered for the next round of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• General logic/debugging questions. Write a method that determines whether two rectangles overlap given their top-right and bottom-left coordinates.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

They asked for an online assessment and they never actually send the assessment. Because they did not reply back to my email for a week, I followed up with the HR representative to ask what was happening. However, they replied around a month and an half afterwards telling me that the internship position was now closed and told me to apply the year after.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred by my friend in November, got OA email in January, and after I will take the interview on Fab. 3rd. The online assessment contains only 7 easy debug coding questions, two days after I submitted OA I got their email schedule a phone screen interview. The whole process was pretty fast.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

An advice for everyone who wants to apply to the intern position at Amazon: Practice data structures - concentrate on speed as well as accuracy, the questions were not very difficult and the interviewers were very helpful and friendly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone interview after 2 months. I was pretty surprised when I got the phone interview. The interviewer asked me several behavior questions for the first interview. He is a really nice guy and really informative. Remember to take some notes during the interview and you can use them in your next interview and ask questions about it.