Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

3.1

896 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via campus recruiting system. And I got contacted, asking to sit for the coding assessment. I was a group assessment at my campus. I did passed the online test, but I didn't pass the in-person coding assessment.

Interview Questions

• First section involved, some kind of mathematical logic and puzzle.

Second section was about write up the appropriate code for the storage goods using tree ADT. I had to actually write up codes and explain my approach in the blank page.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

onsite interview, online debugging. I talked to recruiter in a networking event, get refer into the onsite interview directly. The process is pretty fast, take about 2 weeks. We had over 40 people in a room in Amazon campus, really like a CSE exam, you have your computer to do the online coding challenge there.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Round1: Online Coding. Technical Aptitide. Powered by HackerRank. Internet look up allowed. Round2: Coding. Written code to be explained and test cases must be provided. Round3: Technical Interview: Coding, Algorithm, Testing. Questions similar to past interviews. Prepare accordingly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in March 2015.

Interview

-two initial phone interviews with competency based questions
    -one assessment day with a serie of interviews with different stakeholders of the recruitment process, very long, challenging but rewarding process as you are bombarded with competency based questions, which can be at a moment a bit repetitive tough inquisitive (you have plenty of opportunities to disclose all your range of skills in the interview process)

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example in which you have given an innovative and easy solution to a complex problem   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of interview. Round 1 has 2 back to back interviews. They are based on their leadership principles and depending on your answering you will have following up questions. They will let you know by end of day whether or not you have moved to next round. Second round is 3 back to back interviews. These are again based on their leadership principles. You will need to give situations on hen and how you exhibited those principles

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to Deep Dive into a lot of data to come to an analysis, Tell me a time when you had to Think Big   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Buffalo, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

1st round - Online Test with 6-7 questions which have some code with compile/runtime error. We need to figure out the errors.
    2nd round - Phone Interview. Make it or break it round.

Interview Questions

• Given two nodes, child and ancestor, find all siblings of a child from same ancestor.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The people were so very nice and helpful, knowledgeable, and particular on what they're looking for. The atmosphere seems high pace but fun to work in, with free drinks when you want !

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Allahabad (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

There were three rounds. First round consisted of 20 MCQs and 2 coding questions. One question was on simple binary search and the other involved recursion. The second round was a pen-paper round, where two question were given. The first question was to convert a BST into a sorted doubly linked-list in place. The other was to perform run length encoding on a given string. The third round was a technical interview round. The interviewer asked few questions based on sorting and hashing. Also, he asked me to implement a stack with two additional operations: printing the middle node of the stack and deleting the middle node. Both operations had to be done in O(1) time. Then, there was a question on BFS. Complete C++ code had to be written for all problems.

Interview Questions

• Convert a BST into a sorted doubly linked list in place.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with an on-campus interview. This was pretty straight forward. Consisting of basic data structure, time complexity, and scalability resolution questions.
    Following that was a phone screening. This was done with an online IDE that was live feed in conjunction with a phone call. The code must be compilable but the interviewer will walk through each problem. Questions are welcomed. Just keep in mind the bigger picture of where the solution you're implemeting may be used and the implications of instantiating this solution elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and passed the coding challenge, and was contacted for an interview. Delayed by two weeks due to extremely poor organization on their part. Finally got a call from a guy in a random department I wasn't necessarily applying for, and I was told they just have to do interviews for half a day and just go at a pool of potential hires.

They guy seemed super uninterested and distracted, and would ask me to re-explain everything I was already explaining while answering questions. I'm pretty sure he was doing his own thing on the other end and just coming back to me when I finished my question.

Overall I was super annoyed with dealing with Amazon. They lacked respect and organiation and waste quite a bit of my time. Still haven't heard back 2 weeks later even though they told me they'd contact me back in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Asked some higher level data structure stuff likes trees and complexities for various operations.   Answer Question