Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.1

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in October 2016.

Interview

- Premier entretien téléphonique avec un manager
    Entretien classique au début avec des questions sur vos projets puis questions techniques sur des algorithmes.

Je n'ai pas participé aux étapes suivantes :
    - "Coding interview"
    - Entretien sur site

Interview Questions

• Q : Présentez un projet dont vous êtes fier   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied on a college campus. A few weeks later I got an email inviting me on-campus to interview for a full-time position that was meant for someone post-grad with at least 2 years of experience. So that was bizarre. Then I got an email telling me that I needed to take their online assessment that they had sent me before it expired, but they had never sent me the assessment invitation in the first place. After I pointed this out, they did send me the assessment email (2 of them for some reason). I took the online test and a day later got a rejection email. Then two days later I got an email congratulating me on moving on to their phone interview round, which they claimed is their final round.

My phone interviewer could not have been more unprofessional; I don't think he'd ever interviewed someone before. He basically told me he was an intern, kept interrupting me, forgot things I would tell him within minutes, and his questions were ridiculously unclear. I've had many technical interviews, but this guy couldn't articulate his thoughts to save his life. He asked me if I had experience in one area, I told him no, and he then proceeded to ask me several detailed questions about that area. He gave me a tone of 'wow, you're dumb' when I told him I didn't know the answer to one of those questions.

Their online editor was also glitching out a lot when I was using it, so that made it incredibly difficult to code on it. The interviewer didn't at all seem concerned that the editor was flashing blue bars on random lines of code and deleting certain lines at will. The whole process was unorganized, unpleasant, and convinced me that I never want to work for amazon.

Interview Questions

• I was asked one question about my resume, even though the interviewer told me we were going to 'review' it together.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Provo, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

After a first round phone interview, which lasted half an hour I was emailed a project. I was given a set amount of time in which to complete the project. The project was very open ended where certain assumptions had to be made, which you had to be prepared to give reasons why you made those assumptions. After the allotted time I turned in the project and the following day I had two separate forty five minute interviews. The first was a hard core evaluation of my project, and the second was an overview of my project followed by typical interview questions.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a single interview at their London offices. It was mainly technical. After a couple of behavioural questions, I spent the rest of the interview tackling a coding question. The interviewer was very helpful and very nice throughout the whole interview. I received the rejection email the day after the interview.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

The interview questions were very easy. I thought I would receive the offer. 1 month later I got a mail from Amazon saying the positions were filled. I was really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Given a random string with { [ (, check if it is balanced or not   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via reference. Got an email giving me a short 21 minute debugging challenge, this should be quite simple to anyone that has some basic knowledge of coding logic. A few days after that I got an email scheduling the phone interview. This was a 1 hour call with an interviewer who asked a few questions about me and my previous jobs and projects, then there were 2 coding questions one builing on the other.

Interview Questions

• Can't say, but if you have solid knowledge of Algorithms and Data structures there should be no problems. Although I hear depending on who you get as your interviewer having strong OOP knowledge is key. Got my offer around 2 weeks later.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a online test followed by a round of two interviews. The online test is really simple, with easy coding questions. My interview went really well, was really expecting a offer though. The process in completely unpredictable. In phone rounds I was asked questions about trees, algorithms, data structures, time complexity. It started with discussing my previous project work.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

After an online numerical test I had 3 interviews, the first round was one phone interview, followed by another 2 phone interviews back to back. The process was great, the interviewers were really friendly members of the team (not HR recruiters) and asked a lot of STAR questions based on their leadership principles, so it's important to think of examples where you've shown each of their leadership principles through your own work. Each interview was a similar format, overall it took about 3 weeks from first interview to an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond the call of duty for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was by phone and also took form of writing code at the computer while an Amazon employee was watching live. They ask you to code right there on the fly for the position I was applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Completed an online test. phone interview scheduled. the interviewer did not seem interested. Question about printing result of a cd command eg which directory it is in could contain ./..