Amazon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

22,915 Interview Reviews

SWE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

applied online, went through all three OAs, got final interview. it was aight. the online assessment were easy. the final one was a simulation of the workplace, it was pretty fun actually. final interview was online via amazon chime.

Sr Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted application. Asked a large number of yes no questions with little room for an explanation. Impossible to provide the full picture. Never heard back. Doubt my resume was even looked at. More than qualified for the position. Seemed to treat like a number.

Interview Questions

• Seemed to require willingness to relocate. Not an option. That is why I applied at the location with the opening I did   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

There are totally 2 recruiters, and it was a phone interview, first, they directly ask me about some Behavioral questions for more than 30 mins and then 1 coding problem.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Submit a video recording first. Then they only had one time available for the first interview. I was unable to attend due to a flight and therefore unable to finish the process because there were no alternative time slots.

Interview Questions

• An example of when you took a calculated risk to meet a deadline   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty standard interview process at any major tech company. There is a strong focus on Data Structures and Algorithms, no matter what engineering position you're applying for.

-30 minute phonecall to confirm skillset with recruiters
    -60 minute interview with a senior software engineer
    -Onsite visit with 4-5 interview rounds

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team had a conflict with another team   Answer Question
    • Coding exercise: Make a function that parses a JSON string into an object of key/value pairs   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The initial call with a recruiter about current work experience and to set up a 1-hour phone call with technical team. The Interview asked about the current experience and given a coding problem.
    I confirmed about the coding problem statement. Explained the solution approach and did the coding on a shared editor. After the phone call, the recruiter updated they would like to have one more phone call with another person.
    The other person mostly concentrated on the resume experience followed by a problem.

Interview Questions

• Given an unbalanced binary tree image and asked to print the top view.   1 Answer

Sr. Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

A hiring manager contacted me in early February to ask for my availability for the next 1-2 weeks to do a first-round interview over the phone. I emailed my availability and waited for scheduling...nothing. I followed-up twice, the first time to tell him about schedule changes, and once more the following week to ask if he was still interested interviewing me.

He responded to my second email and said that they are still interested, but that scheduling can take longer than they'd like because the hiring team is so busy. I replied to tell him I understood and threw in my latest availability. And again...nothing. Followed-up again-again a week later...nothing.

Sure, it's Amazon. I know they're busy, but so am I. They're definitely dropping the ball if this is how they handle potential employees.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

resume and coding problems, and some Java problems. For example, equals, hashcode, and hashmap. The coding problem is written in Java. Time complexity and space complexity need to be analyzed.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

I had contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn. He first sent me a coding challenge, which consisted of 2 coding questions and I had to also explain my solution. The questions were Leetcode medium level.Five days before GHC I was informed that I had been selected for on-site interviews but due to COVID 19, all the rounds held online. There were 4 rounds each about 55 minutes. All 4 rounds were online using Amazon Chime. For the first 3 rounds, each round consisted on 1-2 technical questions and many behavioral questions. It's very important to go through the 14 Leadership Principles of Amazon for the behavioral questions. The coding questions were Leetcode medium. The 4th round was System Design, the question was little unusual for me. The interviewer helped me to come up with a good solution. As I was also very new to System Design, this round did not go that well for me. After a week I got a call that they are not moving forward with me. However, it was a very good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time when you had to face the difficult customer   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2020.

Interview

They contacted me for an interview for the Program Manager Intern position after 1.5 months of applying. The interview was done on Chime consists of two 45-min back to back interviews with different interviewers. Both of my interviewers are friendly; one asked more questions than the other. I heard back exactly a week after my interview. It said that I got the offer but my location was changed from Seattle to another state. Overall, the interview process was pretty standard just make sure to use their 14LP and STAR method when answering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with someone.
      Tell me about a time you used innovation to solve a problem.   Answer Question