Amazon Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

3,150 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and after the initial conversation, encouraged me to apply. I had one phone screen with the hiring manager. Next day I got the invitation for onsite. The scheduling for onsite took a while and went onsite after 4-5 weeks or so. In the meantime, I was asked to submit a 2 page write up.
    Everybody was nice but the process itself seemed a bit chaotic. None of the interviewers had the time to read the write up I was asked to submit. Most of them didn't even know whether I was local to Seattle or flew in. Also, they had no idea where I worked or what is my recent experience since they somehow pulled my resume from 8 years back (not my fault).
    Also, the most distracting aspect is that one cannot carry a normal conversation since the interviewers are taking notes on their laptops the whole time.

Interview Questions

• I don't find it ethical to disclose interview questions because of the NDA.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Personally for me the process was one of the best. Everyone from the recruiters to the interviewers were an efficient machine. They were on time, they were helpful and they were great people to talk to. I didn't get a chance to read all these reviews before going in, but most of them are very on point. You get a coaching call before your interview to prep you. You need to make sure you utilize it to its fullest potential. If you don't read the leadership principals and try to utilize the methodology; you're going to have a tough time getting an offer IMO.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Started with an online test which I found to be easy. Then followed a virtual interview that took almost two hours. I was then put in touch with a recruiter who scheduled me to fly to a location to interview with multiple managers which lasted a few hours in total.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial HR screen followed by two separate phone interviews with business manager and a finance executive. Amazon provided excellent preparation for the interview with their 14 Leadership Principles and a one-sheet "exercise" to prepare answers. HR was thorough and followed up to confirm telephone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which I had to pull together data to support making a business decision that was not an easy sell to executive management.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying I received an email the very next day to attend a face to face interview in Dallas. It was all very quick, my interview was a week later and they were very accommodating with travel arrangements. The day of the interview there were about 8 others there to interview for the same position at that time. There was a very short briefing with a recruiter and then two 45 minute interviews. It was actually a great experience for my first time interviewing. The interview wasn't too difficult, they asked basic behavioral questions and they had a few follow up questions. Overall it was a good experience, both interviews were pretty conversational so it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a big risk and failed.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted 45 minutes. Interviewer was polite, professional and engaging, and provided good responses to the questions I asked of him. He also provided some advice for future interviews. There was no immediate offer but I should know more in the near future if I'll get a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Two basic algebra questions ( they weren't very difficult) about how many units employees could produce given some variables. Then some more open ended questions: What do you consider your greatest accomplishment and why? Tell me about a time when you faced resistance and overcame it. Provide an example of where you coached and mentored someone to success.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interviews conducted on the same day. All three interviews consisted of different types of questions but were fairly straight forward. Everyone was very nice and the interview lasted about 3 hours.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I have interviewed for an AWS PM role in August - September in Seattle. Applied through a glassdoor job ad listing. Total of 5 rounds of interviews - inital phone screen, video call, 1 manager on-site, 1 team on-site and finally a manager 2 level up.

Not easy, they definitely "nicely" roast you with relevant questions, but I guess that is expected. Lots of case questions and typical amazon principal questions.

I used a interview prep guide I found on interviewjoy.com which was very helpful. If you want this job, you better prepare *a lot* by working on sample questions and practice answering them as if you are in an interview. Better prep also shows your recruiter how much you want the job.

Interview Questions

• Just before a product launch, tech team notifies you that they found a bug in the code and you'll need to delay the launch. How do you communicate this to your stakeholders?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

A recruiter saw my linked in profile, asked me to apply online so I did. A couple months later I was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed onside, they flew me out and paid for hotels, food, flight, etc. It was two 45 min sessions with two people. Interview procress was great, asked a couple questions to get to know me then drove right into to behavioral questions and a case study. Both interviews were very welcoming, with a positive attitude and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you set a goal and how you achieved it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you needed to reach a goal and you had to encourage your team.   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest accomplishment and why?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went through the 'loop' and interviewed with 6 people from the team. Each session was 45 minutes in length. The questions ranged from technical to the Amazon leadership principles. However, most of the questions focused on the leadership principles and examples from each topic.

Interview Questions

• Name examples of a situation where you had to make a decision based on little or no information.   1 Answer

See What Amazon Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Fulfillment Associate in Moreno Valley, CA

Pros: “This company with push you towards your physical and mental limit. You must work very hard and have a positive attitude to move up. If you are their long enough you can move up by following...”“This company with push you towards your physical and mental limit. You must work very hard and have a positive attitude to move up. If you are their long enough you can move up by following these two things. Lots of programs and people available to help you on your journey up. You are always guaranteed hours and have the opportunity for overtime. 3 Days weekends and Voluntary Time Off are a nice perk as well. Holiday Bonuses, Dental Coverage and the Career Choice Program are amazing. I really appreciate their willingness to aid their associates with interview prep and mock and actual interviews. You will become an expert interviewee after you’ve done it various times with them.” – Full Review