Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

First round was code debugging round. finish 7 questions within 21 minutes. webcam will be on. I cleared first round. Second and final round was a phone interview. maximum subarray sum was asked. Function signature will be given and you have to complete it. prepare data structures and algorithms well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

45 Mins back to back 2 interviews. The interviewers were calm.
    Interview on white-board, expected me to write the code as well as explain the code while writing.
    Interviewers were very humble and they did not made me feel any fear of the interview, instead made me feel very calm.
    Also, gave hints based on my understanding.

Interview Questions

• Related to solving 2-D matrix problems related to time/space complexity, DFS,BFS   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online to Amazon on January 22, 2016. I got a response two weeks later to do an online assessment. It was a timed and webcam recorded session with seven easy debugging questions. About 4-5 days after I completed the assessment, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Amazon got back to me less than a week later with a scheduled time and collabedit link.

The phone interview was a lot less stressful than I was anticipating. The interviewer was very kind, spoke clearly, and gave excellent feedback while I was talking through the problem. I was given the opportunity to ask questions in the last few minutes of the interview and told that they would get back to me soon.

Interview Questions

• Two problems. Second one was a more complicated twist of the first one. Review data structures, especially HashTables/HashMaps, and Big-O analysis. My interviewer wanted the most efficient solution, so it's necessary to understand the complexity of your algorithm. Cracking the Coding Interview was very helpful in my preparation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pleasant interview experience. Not a very tough interview. Most questions from cracking the coding interview. The time complexity of each coded program was asked in the interview. The interviewer was interactive.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly on linked list. Like finding duplicate elements in Singly linked list.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email the next day inviting me to take an online assessment (OA). Although I responded immediately, it took them ~2 weeks to send the the OA. The OA should be very easy for programmers. Got an invitation for a final round phone interview ~2 weeks after submitted the OA. They sent me offer letter 10 days after interview, which was the day I had an offer deadline from another company. I emailed them many times reminding them of my deadline, but they did not respond once.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Was asked 2 questions. Similar level of an easy and medium difficulty question on Leetcode. Last 5 minutes were to ask the interviewer some questions about Amazon.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via campus recruiting system. And I got contacted, asking to sit for the coding assessment. I was a group assessment at my campus. I did passed the online test, but I didn't pass the in-person coding assessment.

Interview Questions

• First section involved, some kind of mathematical logic and puzzle.

Second section was about write up the appropriate code for the storage goods using tree ADT. I had to actually write up codes and explain my approach in the blank page.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Edison, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Call from BC CANADA . having connection problem occurs occasionally
    At First, some behavior questions, then talk about project and coding
    Not so hard, the same question of single number in leetcode.
    Later get a email says the position is full.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a online test followed by a round of two interviews. The online test is really simple, with easy coding questions. My interview went really well, was really expecting a offer though. The process in completely unpredictable. In phone rounds I was asked questions about trees, algorithms, data structures, time complexity. It started with discussing my previous project work.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

The interview questions were very easy. I thought I would receive the offer. 1 month later I got a mail from Amazon saying the positions were filled. I was really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Given a random string with { [ (, check if it is balanced or not   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Champaign, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me and said that they were coming on campus and they wanted to interview for the summer software intern position. It was about an hour long and I interviewed with 2 different engineers.

Interview Questions

• A lot of tree traversal questions. Also implement mergesort.   1 Answer