Amazon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017
13,860 Interview Reviews

3.1

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2017.

Interview

Just behavioural questions around leadership principles. It was easy interview. The recruiter was professional and had good chat around agile and waterfall. Just be ready with examples around leadership questions.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Took a "day in the life of a manager" online assessment. It was very straight forward and did not require any additional thought. They are looking for optimal leadership so answer how the "perfect" leader would respond. Was contacted via email by a recruiter about a month after initial application was submitted. I was invited to an interview day at the fulfillment center. The interview lasted about three hours. Three 45 min interviews and a 45 min tour of the fc. Each interviewer was looking for certain things. The questions centered around Amazons leadership principles so if you studied those and had stories and answers related to them then it makes it easier. Overall the interviewers tried to keep it casual and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you analyzed data and identified a problem. Then how did you correct the problem?   Answer Question
    • Identify a time you had a disagreement with another manager or your manager and ultimately you had to back down and follow through with what the other manager said.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2017.

Interview

Was prepped to answer every single question around leadership principles. Hit it off incredibly well with the hiring manager in the first interview. The recruiter would only communicate via email and refused to return a call. I had a second over the phone and figured I didnt need to script as much, but I was wrong. Answer everything around a leadership principle and tie it to a number impact. Its unfortunate they dont hire someone that doesnt fit in their specific box because it is against diversity of thought, bias for action and agree to disagree. They probably wouldn't have roles opened for months if they tried something different. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and this wasnt meant for me, but I do feel bad that this team has been trying to fit the exact mold of something for 4 months and they are about to go down head too.

Interview Questions

• describe a complex project, explain why you feel it was complex and a deep dive into organizational behavior around this project   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had conflict   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time where you wanted to change something and were met with resistance   Answer Question
    • tell me about a situation where you made an improvement to a process or system   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Jeffersonville, IN).

Interview

You apply online and receive an email detailing your date to come in for a drug screening and background check. As long as you pass those, you're hired. You do have to pass the cultural exam as well but as long as you aren't responding with things that are obviously the wrong choice then you'll do fine. It's easy.

Interview Questions

• There is a cultural exam you have to take to evaluate if you'll be a good employee   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Interview process was fairly technical , with several coding examples to understand thought process....there were around 6 rounds of interview and one interview was over lunch. Interview team was very friendly and I find process very accepting .....

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Initially I had to submit an assessment, which I cleared, then I had to give a phone interview, which was basically to write code . The interviewer was extremely rude, and not clear with his questions, and snapped like 2 times during the process, which kind of made me more nervous.
    I understand I was not good enough for the position, but the interviewer was not at all professional, and snapping was not required. If you feel you are better than everybody, you don't need to be rude it. It can be handled in a calm and professional manner.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Had multiple calls with a ton of different recruiters. It felt unorganized and as if they were all trying to recruit me to different teams. A lot of overlap in the calls.

Did Amazon's online assessment and then was told that my code was good and they wanted to bring me on-site the following week. I told them I needed more notice than that and they scheduled me for July 25th and was told that the recruiter would reach out to be with more details regarding the on-site and travel in the next few days. A few days later, my im recruiter calls and informs me that they changed their mind and won't be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Standard impractical algorithm questions.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was Phone Interview. The interviewer was very nice. The interviewer asked the common questions from the Software QA Engineer perspective. The interviewer was asking almost from all of the areas of Test Engineer, like java, Selenium WebDriver, API testing, etc.

Interview Questions

• Write the program for reverse the given string.
      Find first two number in the given array, which is equal to the given sum.   Answer Question

PT Shipping & Receiving Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Everett, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Normal online process, required an assessment of soft skills, and asked if would consent to drug testing. Made an appointment to interview in person at job fair event for this position. Appoint was chaos, many people there, all herded into a room and asked to hand over identification and provided with a lab kit. Everyone was then asked to submit to a 10 minute process of collection of body fluid and DNA cheek tissue by sucking on an abrasive sponge. There was a consent form that gave a 3rd party custody of genetic information and indicated it was to be compiled into a national registry. At this point I decided genetic testing was unreasonable and decided to withdraw from the process.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked except to hand over required identification.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2017.

Interview

Online application process, was asked to come to the hiring event. The hiring event was held at integrity job agency. The check you in, get your photo taken, then take a drug taste and you're on your way. They say your results should come in within 7-10 business days.