Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

3.1

893 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online to Amazon on January 22, 2016. I got a response two weeks later to do an online assessment. It was a timed and webcam recorded session with seven easy debugging questions. About 4-5 days after I completed the assessment, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Amazon got back to me less than a week later with a scheduled time and collabedit link.

The phone interview was a lot less stressful than I was anticipating. The interviewer was very kind, spoke clearly, and gave excellent feedback while I was talking through the problem. I was given the opportunity to ask questions in the last few minutes of the interview and told that they would get back to me soon.

Interview Questions

• Two problems. Second one was a more complicated twist of the first one. Review data structures, especially HashTables/HashMaps, and Big-O analysis. My interviewer wanted the most efficient solution, so it's necessary to understand the complexity of your algorithm. Cracking the Coding Interview was very helpful in my preparation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pleasant interview experience. Not a very tough interview. Most questions from cracking the coding interview. The time complexity of each coded program was asked in the interview. The interviewer was interactive.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly on linked list. Like finding duplicate elements in Singly linked list.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email the next day inviting me to take an online assessment (OA). Although I responded immediately, it took them ~2 weeks to send the the OA. The OA should be very easy for programmers. Got an invitation for a final round phone interview ~2 weeks after submitted the OA. They sent me offer letter 10 days after interview, which was the day I had an offer deadline from another company. I emailed them many times reminding them of my deadline, but they did not respond once.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Was asked 2 questions. Similar level of an easy and medium difficulty question on Leetcode. Last 5 minutes were to ask the interviewer some questions about Amazon.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via campus recruiting system. And I got contacted, asking to sit for the coding assessment. I was a group assessment at my campus. I did passed the online test, but I didn't pass the in-person coding assessment.

Interview Questions

• First section involved, some kind of mathematical logic and puzzle.

Second section was about write up the appropriate code for the storage goods using tree ADT. I had to actually write up codes and explain my approach in the blank page.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Edison, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Call from BC CANADA . having connection problem occurs occasionally
    At First, some behavior questions, then talk about project and coding
    Not so hard, the same question of single number in leetcode.
    Later get a email says the position is full.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a online test followed by a round of two interviews. The online test is really simple, with easy coding questions. My interview went really well, was really expecting a offer though. The process in completely unpredictable. In phone rounds I was asked questions about trees, algorithms, data structures, time complexity. It started with discussing my previous project work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Champaign, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me and said that they were coming on campus and they wanted to interview for the summer software intern position. It was about an hour long and I interviewed with 2 different engineers.

Interview Questions

• A lot of tree traversal questions. Also implement mergesort.   1 Answer

Intern - Monthly Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The interview process was efiicient as they sorted out people who couldnt speak good english, then we had a logical questions round and interview round.. .. .. .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Interview Questions

• how can we be sure you will not leave the management side for a technical side   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was a one-on-one on-campus interview. They hosted an informal info-session the day before the actual interview. And it was a mix of both behavioral and situational. The interview was not particularly hard, but if you are an international student, please be sure that they will sponsor your work visa. For the position that i applied to, they didn't have the quota to sponsor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had a phone interview before. The whole process of the interview is good. But without self-introduction or asking anything on the resume, the interviewer start directly on the technical question. There are three simple questions, all of them could be found on glassdoor. Both iterative and recursive version about fibonacci. And the interviewer follows up this question, ask for a O(logn) solution. The other two question is pretty straight forward