Amazon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

22,954 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

resume and coding problems, and some Java problems. For example, equals, hashcode, and hashmap. The coding problem is written in Java. Time complexity and space complexity need to be analyzed.

Sdet Interview

Interview

1. one round of phone interview with 30 min BQ question and the other 30 min for coding
    2. 5 round on onsite, 1 is for dedicated BQ question, 2 coding, 1 system design and 1 domain knowledge, every round has about 15 min BQ questions

Interview Questions

• 1. phone interview, log parsing combining with binary search, query the log in specific time slot, use hashmap + binary search
      2. merge two sorted array and remove dup, cannot use the hashset to remove dup
      3. number of islands   Answer Question

AWS Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Very easy interview process. One interview via voice chat (Amazon Chime). Two interviewers. They took turns, so one asked the questions in the first half, and the other asked questions in the second half. All behavioral questions revolving around Amazon's leadership principles. A few technical questions, nothing in-depth or related to DS&A.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to motivate your team.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

I had contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn. He first sent me a coding challenge, which consisted of 2 coding questions and I had to also explain my solution. The questions were Leetcode medium level.Five days before GHC I was informed that I had been selected for on-site interviews but due to COVID 19, all the rounds held online. There were 4 rounds each about 55 minutes. All 4 rounds were online using Amazon Chime. For the first 3 rounds, each round consisted on 1-2 technical questions and many behavioral questions. It's very important to go through the 14 Leadership Principles of Amazon for the behavioral questions. The coding questions were Leetcode medium. The 4th round was System Design, the question was little unusual for me. The interviewer helped me to come up with a good solution. As I was also very new to System Design, this round did not go that well for me. After a week I got a call that they are not moving forward with me. However, it was a very good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time when you had to face the difficult customer   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2020.

Interview

They contacted me for an interview for the Program Manager Intern position after 1.5 months of applying. The interview was done on Chime consists of two 45-min back to back interviews with different interviewers. Both of my interviewers are friendly; one asked more questions than the other. I heard back exactly a week after my interview. It said that I got the offer but my location was changed from Seattle to another state. Overall, the interview process was pretty standard just make sure to use their 14LP and STAR method when answering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with someone.
      Tell me about a time you used innovation to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Operationa Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Really informative. A vigorous process which took a lot out out me. It was very wasy in which they gave you a heads up on what they will be asking about and the overall process of the interview. They did get back to me in 3 days.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had 4 rounds of virtual interview.
    first round coding and asked 2 question about leadership quality.
    second round as same as first
    third round with the hiring manager - only leader ship qualities
    forth round 2 LQ and one question on Binary Tree

Interview Questions

• Printing the Nodes based on the output - Binary tree   1 Answer

Manager, Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Amazons recruitment process is nothing but efficient. The recruiter is quick to respond- within two days of interviews. That being said- the leaders I phone screened with did not provide a good experience. They waste no time building rapport or making you feel comfortable and jump right into behavioral questions. This is fine but I left several rounds of interviews feeling like I had no connection to the company and like I was not valued as a candidate. One interviewer spent several minutes explaining to me why most people can’t cut it at Amazon, and I get their reputation for employee satisfaction is low, but why drive candidates away with this rhetoric?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you came up with an innovative solution for a client who was considering leaving your business   Answer Question

Entry Level Marketing Assistant Interview

Interview

They contacted me a couple of weeks after I applied online. I interviewed with the hiring manager. They asked your fairly typical interview questions (background experience, future goals, strengths and weaknesses, how I see myself fitting in at Amazon). Roughly about 20 minutes total. Heard back about a week after with them saying they had gone with another candidate.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First of all the interview process was weird I never even met a person in person everything was done over the phone
    All the way up until they made their decision. The day they make a decision they message me and say that they cannot offer me the standard salary that they are bringing me in at the same title but giving me a Role With a smaller scope for $30,000 less a year. I’ve been an HR business partner for five years and an HR manager for 15 so if someone could tell me how 20 years of experience doesn’t qualify for their standard business partner salary range I don’t know what does. Obviously I declined and told him I wasn’t stepping back To a salary cut of what I mean 10 years ago. With as much well-rounded experience I have it’s insulting and I feel like it’s their way to save a buck saying that they’ll bring you into the bigger role later. Such a crock I would never work for this company. I was warned by several people when I was interviewing for it that is the worst company in the world to work for and I’m so glad I did not except the position even at the higher or normal pay rate. So impersonal

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult employee relations situation you handled   Answer Question