Amazon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

19,309 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Washington, DC) in February 2019.

Interview

First was a 30 minute call with HR and a Hiring Manager asking general question about your resume and experience. Then a couple days later I had an hour long phone conversation with the Hiring Manager, Sr Buyer, and HR where they asked questions to probe my thinking process on certain actions. After the question from the Hiring Manager and Sr Buyer were fulfilled they left the room so the HR could talk about pay and expectancy in the benefits of the company and said to look forward to a call in the coming week to schedule an in-person interview where it would be meeting with 5 people individually each having 45 minutes with me to ask their own questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you were innovative?   1 Answer

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Phone interview very basic, the HR person was very upbeat and really trying to sell me on Amazon. 2nd phase was an online test, 2 parts 1 math and 1 behavioral. In my experience you always have a math test for buying and it is merchandising math, which is very applicable to your job function. This test was not the case, it came completely out of left field. it was 10 questions and based on graph/chart scenarios, mostly an economic test with interest rates, how xyz relationship changes x, etc. This has NOTHING to do with merchandising day to day function and should NOT reflect how capable you are at your job. Most of my time on the test was just trying to decipher what the charts and footnotes were. At the end of the test you receive no test score and will just get a email response from your HR person. Of course I received an email saying they have chosen not to move forward with me and that while you probably want feedback you WILL NOT get any. I have a problem with going from a great interview with HR to being judged 100% on a test that did not reflect my skill set as a buyer where you can't even talk through your feedback. Obviously, if this is the math skill set they expect out of a buyer I would beware for all fashion merchandising applicants.

Interview Questions

• about your background, what are you goals in your career   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

I got a direct onsite interview. 4 30-minute interviews. all questions were based on their leadership principles. tell me about a time when x happened and how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got negative feedback and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Assistant Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I interviewed at Amazon (Bloomington, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

A series of challenges combined with a laid back approach. I greatly enjoyed this hiring process, because they did away with much of the formality, and got to know my personality and strengths/weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• They did include a small math section, to be done in a limited amount of time.   1 Answer

They would not disclose the location until after I was hired. I didn't want to commit before I knew where they would send me.

Associate Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

There was a CV screening followed by telephonic interview which was set up within a week's time. I was given time to pick up a few time slots. A Senior legal person who works in my area of expertise took the interview. Shortlisted candidates were supposed to appear for personal interview in Seattle.

Interview Questions

• Issues based on product launch and client advising.
      Details of previous work ex.
      Instances of failure at previous work place or negative feedback.   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Even though I would say this was one of my worst interviews (because it was a position that was not a good fit) I will say this was probably one of the best organized most professional interview processes I have been through. The recruiter emailed me to set up a time for the phone interview and followed up with very detailed instructions regarding the interview.

The interviewer asked questions such as:

1) What is a pivot table?
    2) What does command "v" do in excel.

He then followed up with asking questions about how I would go about making different decisions. He was looking for me to say things like I would run data analysis to look for corelations regarding various users .... etc. The questions were prompted with him giving very detailed scenerios (drink your coffee the setup for the question are like 5 minutes long) The one thing I did not like though was the interviewer was hard to hear and at one point his line cut out (he aknowledged it was on his phone) when I was talking and he just moved on. In addition to the analytical and somewhat technical questions, the interviewer asked basic questoins about difficult situations in the work place and marketing protocals and policies I had implemented in previous positions.

Amazon was great about contacting me after the interview which was much appreciated (even though I knew before the interview ended that I was not the right person for this position. The recruiter contacted me about 2 days after the interview. Despite the non-fit for this position the process for interviewing with Amazon was great. They set up the interview fast, everyone was very nice, and best of all they followed up. I do want to mention that I applied for several positions with Amazon and this position was probably the one I was the least likely fit for, so I found it very weird that I was selected for an interview for this position and not for positions I was better qualified for and also had more relevant experience.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Not too hard. Only go through the phone screen. Be prepared before hand with your algorithms and data structures. Recommend reading cracking the code. They don't care about recommendations everyone goes through the same process.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of unique integers, return a pair of integers that sum up to a target sum.   Answer Question

Associate Corporate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2016.

Interview

I sent in an online application, and received an email from the recruiter within a couple days. It all happened pretty quickly then, where I spoke with the recruiter for a bit, and was then sent a questionnaire, written test, and times to speak with general counsel.

Interview Questions

• There were several hypotheticals on how you would handle negotiations.   1 Answer

Associate Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very detailed interview process. The HR team prepped me before the call so I felt fully informed by the time I had the interview. They asked many behavioral questions and they allowed me to ask many questions and I felt I had a clear idea of the rola at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were leading a group, were assigned a goal, and did not reach it.   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with an employee with poor performance   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

two phone interviews, one on site interview. on site interview is quite long. I talked to 7 people. It took 5 hours. People are smart and look happy. However, they said I need to be prepared for long hours. The look like they don't have enough people. People work individually, and I am not sure about the team work.