Amazon Lab126 Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Lab126 Engineering Manager Interview Questions

Engineer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

After reading about Lab126's reviews on the company, I am CONVINCED that this company's management is mediocre. VERY mediocre.

I was scheduled to be interviewed for an engineer manager position by someone up in the management chain. He changed on the last minute and had a principal engineer interviewed me. That was great actually. I did really well with all the technical stuff the principal engineer asked. Qualified for 2nd round of phone screen.

Then the person told the recruiter that they are going to change to position, to something else completely different and less than the engineering manager position. I said no thank you. And I did change my mind and gave myself a chance. The person was happy about it. So they scheduled me for the 2nd phone interview, and guess what? Canceled on the last minute, because he was out of town. Took another two weeks to schedule in. And the person had absolutely no enthusiasm in during the phone screen, didn't even explain fluently what the team does, etc. Basically reading down the script of questions, which I nailed them all. Also, the person was so rude when I asked what time frame of getting the position fulfilled, since it's taken so long, after all the delays and change mind. His answer:"We take as long as it takes."

At the end, I knew this guy was jerking me around. So, I basically told the recruiter the truth: I sense this person has no enthusiasm or whatsoever with the hiring process, considered what he had done to me so far.

One hour after the 2nd phone screen, the recruiter told me that I have great skills for the position but currently "the <person> found not a fit."

I would drop the offer if they had given me. Lesson learned. If someone jerks you around at the beginning, e.g., changed job position, don't bother to work for that person! Not worth it!

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult for me to answer. The 1st phone screen with the principle engineer was 10x harder than the 2nd phone screen, and I nailed it. Mostly data structure, some programming language and design questions, scenario-type, and management questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon Lab126

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone-Screen then 5 hour on-site interview. 1st interviewer was to "break" me found out later. Another interviewer followed list of questions to go through for 45 minutes, no personality. HR was very dynamic, personable, and explained a lot in a short amount of time. Others were pretty good. Mixture of untrained and "trained" interviewers. Fairly young culture looking for some discipline in process which, per feedback in interview process, is needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

First feedback: If you could focus your energy and effort on other companies and interviews, PLEASE DO SO. This Lab126 is a joke. The phone interviews went superb. All questions were answered to perfection. Then they say they don't even want to have a on-site interview. This is a complete joke.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in April 2012.

Interview

In-house recruiter found me through LinkedIn. Set up phone interview. Seemed to go well. Said she'd call back. Never did. Didn't pursue (wasn't really interested).