Amazon Lab126 Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a college recruiter and was asked to draw a block diagram of one of my projects and explain how it works. I was encouraged to apply for the internship and was contacted in 3 weeks for an in person interview. The interview took about an hour, 30 minutes with one person and 30 minutes with another. The first 30 minute interview was mostly technical. The second 30 minute interview was more casual and behavioral. Both were conducted by engineers at amazon lab126. Some technical questions were tricky but overall average interview difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What major problems did you run into during a project and how did you deal with them?
    Do you know the amazon leadership principles? (you should read up on them)
    Draw a graph of how impedance of a capacitor/ inductor responds to frequencies from low to high.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon Lab126

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through campus job board. Had an on campus day of interviewing for full time. It was 4 45 mins interviews. The first interviewer was cool. He was super casual and we ended up having a longer than 45 minute interview. Other interviews were the correct length but slightly late starting due to backed up interviews.

Interview Questions

• Pick an IOT system you've seen on the market. Tell me how you'd design a clone of it?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Called in for interview for intern position. It was pretty simple, just asked questions about my experiences and projects. Two interviews back to back was a bit stressful, but not the worst thing in the world. Got the offer a couple weeks later, given a couple days to accept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Excellent hiring staff, excellent communication, effective and pleasant. Interviews were typical 6-7 people with a bar raiser.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Solid offer, no negotiation was req'd

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Process was smooth. One phone screen. Then onsite interview. However, three weeks after the interview, still no offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were quite easy. Difficult questions were related to how you would deal in different situations at work.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume at my school's career fair, and got an email about half a month later for a final round on-campus interview on hardware intern. It was 2 sessions, with each session lasting 45 minutes. The interviewers were very nice. The two sessions are similar. The interviewers asked about things on my resume, technical questions and other personality/experience related questions. For technical questions, I feel it was find if you didn't have the specific background. The interviewer would explain the question, and see how you solve it, even without any pre-knowledge on that topic. I think what they are looking for is the ability to quickly learn new things and solve new problems.
    I also like their questions on your personality and life experience. For example, they asked me how I would do in some situation, and they asked me to think of an example in past experience.

Interview Questions

• A technical question about one of their circuit diagrams, and I was asked to explain the purpose of the capacitors.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Two interviews (behavioral and analytical), a series of questions. Basically, they want to know whether you're capable of being leader - this is key for every employee at Lab126. I talked mostly about my research, shared my passions about my education and work, showed my competence, but also kept it relaxed and conversational.

It was a good interview; I actually enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions I received pertained to whether I understood the work which I was describing. So, I talked about some of the research which I worked with in my undergraduate career - My interviewer asked some questions regarding whether these aspects were comerciallizable, how they might progress into the future, etc.

I don't remember any of the particular questions because they didn't come at my with the crazy riddles that everyone is afraid of. The questions were straight forward, but pointed, and I had the sense that the "feel" of my delivery and confidence were as important as the answers themselves.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation is straight forward. They make an offer, it's very good, and there's no negotiation possible.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in November 2011.

Interview

I was scheduled for an on-campus interview after applying through the college career page. I made an effort to arrive early at the career center for the interview after class. When the scheduled time came, no one came out from the meeting room to greet me and I grew very anxious. After 35-40 minutes, I walked over to ask the receptionist if there was a mistake made. The receptionist checked her bookings that day and confirmed that I got the location and time correct.

The university career center manager came out of his office at the request of the receptionist because she couldn't get a hold of the interviewer. The manager called the Lab126 interviewer on the phone and it turned out the guy already left the career center and was on his way to the airport back to Cupertino. He would not be coming back for another 3 months for the next set of on-campus interview. The manager semi-reprimanded him on the phone for unprofessional conduct and apologized to me profusely after the phone conversation.

After I got home, a Lab126 HR rep emailed me apologizing and asked for some time in the near future where I would be available to talk in a phone interview. I gave her a few dates and time, and she never got back to me.

Overall, extremely unprofessional behavior. The only interview I've been to where the interviewer completed forgot about it and had no remorse to make up for it afterwards. I expected more from a large company like this.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Had to smile and brown nose to get the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in April 2011.

Interview

Got an employee referral first. Conducted a phone interview with a senior hardware engineer. He asked quite a few of behavior questions along with my understanding to the design philosophy of the Kindle. The onsite interview took place one week after. Very detailed technical questions. I can feel that they are all talented and experienced engineers. Would be a great place to work.