Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.2

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen first by recruiter then phone interview by hiring manager follow by on site. Follow behavioral interviewing process referencing the leadership principles https://www.amazon.jobs/en/principles. Interviewers were cross-functional members who later meet for a collective hiring decision. Results will be prompt but no feedback will be provided whatsoever. 40-45 minutes for each interviewer with about 5-10 min for any questions. If I was to go through another behavior interview, I would overlook asking questions during the interview, stating such questions will be sent in separate emails after the interview due to limited time. Instead, I would have spent the allotted 5-10 min to summarize and confirm what was discussed, what questions were asked and what responses were given. Interviewers will take notes either by writing or typing on laptop. If possible, reference back to the principles that those questions were meant to address. Assess if your example(s) adequately address the principle targeted. By doing so, it should provide you the applicant feedback from your own effort.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

2 remote interviews of 45 minutes each, both technical, one site one hour PhD thesis presentation followed by 5 interviews 45 minutes each, 1 HR and 4 technical. Got asked about supervised and unsupervised machine learning, operations research, linear algebra, computer science (algorithm & data structures). Interviewers were very friendly and calm, I didn't feel stressed. They expect deep knowledge in machine learning and deep learning.

Interview Questions

• write down the weight update for a neural net with a single output   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen. Then onsite, scheduled about a month in advance, despite me requesting a quicker turnaround due to a competing offer that would come in about two weeks before. I interviewed for two different teams, and ended up having to do VC for two interviewers. One of them showed up 5 minutes late, sayin the VC room was not available. And then a few minutes into the interview, got kicked out of the one that was found, by someone else who had it reserved. So I had to do a follow-up phone screen next day. And then the day after that, I was told one of the teams was interested, and wanted ANOTHER half day of on-sites. And all those ended up being BS HR questions (ie tell me about an event where you made a mistake, that made you reflect and make changes in your professional life etc)

After all the runaround, they wanted to extend an offer. Requested I postpone making the decision on my other offer, and then again by another day after the day they were supposed to get back to me. And then ended up coming back with an offer way less than the other one, and less than the rough estimates that I gave them about my current salary. They also wanted me to share my last year's W2 (no thanks, pay me what you think I'm worth, instead of trying to lowball).

All in all, would not interview again.

Interview Questions

• String questions (ie longest substring in two strings), regex questions (input validation), trees, BS HR questions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Chaos. That is the only way I can describe it. From trying to park, to the reception area, to the attempt to have an interview somewhere not being able to find a room.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the team that is different.   1 Answer

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed, I applied for the position, the next day I had a phone screen interview with my Recruiter which lasted 30minutes. That same day after the phone screen, I then made it to the next round speaking with one of the managers over the phone for 30minutes which went really well. The next step, my recruiter reached out to me and told me that

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Instructional call with talent acquisition about the process and question types. Easy setup up of interview times and quick responses. Interview with hiring manager next, few behavioral questions asking to tell a time when you did x, y, or, z

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

After an initial call with recruiter and phone screen, the onsite was scheduled. Almost every interviewer was asking behavioral questions to check if you have their leadership principles. Leaving only 20-25 mins for a technical question in a 45 min round.

SWE Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

There was an initial recruiter call, then a technical phone screen. I did well on the phone screen and was invited to onsite, but unfortunately the situation changed on my end and I had to withdraw from the interview process on my own. One plus about Amazon is that although the initial role that the recruiter pinged me with wasn't a great fit for me, they kept my info (and tech phone screen results) on file; when a position opened up that was a better fit, I was able to skip the technical phone screen this time around and go directly to onsite.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

No one called up during first phone screen, and it was resheduled. The interviewer kept circling around one question without rephrasing his question or providing any hints before he declared that the interview was over within 10 minutes into the call.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks to schedule my first interview. It was a good experience. It lasted for 90 min. One coding question and was asked to write test cases for given scenario