Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.2

Lab Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Incredibly tough and intimidating. It is literally designed to be impossible for all but the most elite undergraduate interns. I feel like I would be more prepared after completing grad work (even though this is an undergrad internship).

Interview Questions

• I'm under a NDA for the actual question. The process is similar. They give you an algorithm of a semi-complex data structure that would normally pass for most senior dissertations, and ask you to optimize it to near O(n+2). It's difficult and I believe it is intended to intimidate and paralyze in order to weed out applicants.   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via an internal recruiter, Never to turn down a chance to practice my interview skills, of course I said I liked the job. I had one HR screening with some standard questions. Was sent a link to complete online exam.

Interview Questions

• You join Amazon Delivery Experience org that supports a service responsible for vending delivery options across the retail website. The service has a set of hard coded rules in Java and every time that the Product Managers would like to modify those rules, the come to the Developers and ask to change code to implement new rules or changes to the existing ones. To reduce the time it take the Developers to implement changes, your Director asks you to re-design the service such that the Developers don't need to be involved at least when changes are being made to the existing rules. The new system has to remain highly available and salable to support calls from the client services which rely on the output of this service, just like the old system. Assume you have 5 Engineers on a team available to do the work, and your Scrum iterations are a month long.
      1) What Questions would you ask? What other information do you need? State all assumptions you make about answers to these questions
      2) Please describe key components of the system that you would propose, assuming no external solutions can be purchased.
      3) How would the original design change if you were told that traffic to your service is going to grow 50% yr over yr.
      4) Would would you potentially try to deliver in the first Sprint? 2nd Sprint?
      5) Let's suppose that your director would review the estimates of effort and time it would take to deliver the new system, and wasn't pleased with it as it would take 6 months to build. Instead, he would propose to extract the business rules into the configuration file and deploy it to the 5 client services that consume the output.
          a) How would you respond to this request?
          b) Imagine that your team was resisting this approach and only wanted to go froward with the best possible. What would you tell them and how would you reconcile the disagreement between your team's opinion and the director?
      1 Answer

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Grueling! The caliber of the interviewers is top-notch and was one of the reasons I chose the company. One of the interviewers was a little too cute and asked abstract algebra questions which had no bearing on the job or occupation.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

At least 1 phone interview about past experience and some coding interview questions.
    One or two site interviews with about 4 engineers for technical questions and one bar raiser.
    The bar raiser is an experienced one but sometime they are not from the same field that you are applying for. Questions can be anything. There are some interview guidelines, but most of the time engineers do not learn the guidelines.
    The second onsite interview most of the time is to see the managers and directors level, but sometime also has some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• In my field, ask more about bit field, linked list and hardware debugging skill, like i2c spec, but the most difficult one is to find all errors in a function.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was looking badly for the job, so there is no negotiation

Software Development Engineer Intern2 Interview

Interview

suddenly a mail comes that your interview is scheduled in two days.
    2 phone interviews back to back.15 min break in between.
    he talked about his project, what are his requirements and what they expect from an intern, question on hash map, basic questions on same, and an anagram question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter for phone interview . It being Amazon subsidiary has a flavour of amazon that whether you are selected or not , you get the results on time or not but interview will definitely be an enriching experience. It started from few common questions but than interviewer would dig into small nitty gitty details about your projects and would test knowledge on those topics. He was randomly reading the resume and would pick up a line and start questioning, be sure to read and imagine what question can arise from each and every word. It was one interview where I would say that interview questions could be expected from any project irrespective of relation to position to test depth.

Interview Questions

• what are address spaces in linux , explain them and difference between?   Answer Question
    • How to increase speed of divide operation ? How can we use the fact if divisor is 8 bit number only ?   1 Answer
    • whats camera pin hole model ( i had it in my resume) . What are things to take care of if more than one task are accessing the same memory location   1 Answer
    • questions regarding my work experience related to bootloaders   Answer Question

I did not get the result of phone interview and had 2 other offers in hand and had to respond to them in a week. It was already 2 weeks time after phone interview so requested to expedite the result , got an answer we cannot respond that fast and that my resume is sent to other team for reveiw

Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in October 2011.

Interview

The person called me and claimed he was a phD. He spent the whole hour to ask me about anything about technical questions.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in August 2011.

Interview

First, he didnt even read my resume to ask me anything related to it. He was the head of QA and seemed like he was stuck up and anything good you said was irrelevant. He only focused on the one question I got wrong and wouldnt move on until I gave him some kind of answer for it. He seemed like he had a cocky attitude. I almost was arguing with him at one point.

Interview Questions

• How long does a calculator take to calculate addition of two 32 bit numbers?   Answer Question
    • Have I ever done any scripting in automation?   Answer Question
    • What concepts are you familiar with in relation to Computer Science?   1 Answer
    • What makes you so special working at your current job?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in March 2017.

Interview

Applied and got call promptly within 3 working days from the HR, she scheduled an initial phone call and a technical phone interview with a Recruiting Manager to move ahead in the interview rounds.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was quite honest and was willing to help by giving hints. He gave description of what they do and overview stuff then asked about my tech experience and straight away into the code.

Ques 1. Find 3rd last node in a singly linked list.
      Ques 2. System Design question, took minutes for me to understand, but interviewer was very helpful in giving me hints and the approach to the problem.
      1 Answer

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online many months ago. Recruiter called to setup phone screening which was followed by another phone screening by an engineering manager. Once that was passed, I went to Seattle for onsite interview, which was by far the worst experience.

Amazon recruiters were super nice until you go for onsite. After that, they will leave you hanging with no feedback. It has been two months since I attended onsite. So far, HR and recruiters did not even bother to tell me the results inspiteof couple of emails and phone calls asking for the updates. "Lack of courtesy" should be added as another core value of Amazon.

Onsite interview itself was very intense. I strongly believe that most of the interviewers have no clue in what they are looking for. To add more spice to the process, none of the interviewers was a hiring manager. The questions kept coming as if their only job is to ask questions, not to listen. One of the interviewers told me that he had only one year experience as program manager. He has no clue of program management, he was asking random meaningless questions.

Interview Questions

• Every interviewer will ask standard boiler plate question -- If you have specific type of scenario, how do you handle it? For example, if you have difficult project that missed deadline, how do you handle it. If one person asks these kind of questions, that's okay. Five people, one after other, asked similar kind of hypothetical questions, non-stop.   1 Answer