Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

3.1

Product Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Chennai (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

the interview was very professional. consisted of 1. aptitude test 2. typing and listening test, cause the job was related to transcription process hence the listening and typing skills were essential. both were conducted on the same day.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (West Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a normal length interview. The interviewer kept asking questions about what I did in detail at previous jobs. I figured that it was probably normal since managers have different ways to gage abilities to perform different tasks and prior knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next two years?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

got a call from a recruiter on LinkedIn.
    had a telephonic interview (cleared it)
    onsite for 5-6 hours
    after phone interview they said that the position is filled so the recruiter got a 2nd opening and bring me onsite where i had 7-8 people to deal withl

Interview Questions

• explain overloading vs overriding, why Amazon, your weakness, which car do you have, where do you live, do you have family here, sort array using o(n), write test cases for a product

all of the interviewers were Rajnikanth(a person like Chuck Norris in India). they speak same language but i did not so they rejected me. they try to ask interview question in tamil to see if i speak rajnikanth's language.....   Answer Question

Engineering Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It went very smooth. GOt a phone screen with recuriter & HM. After the phone call with HM, i got invited for an onsite interview. The interview took place for 5 hours & i interviewed with 7 people.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why you want to work at Amazon?
      2. What do you know about Amazon products?
      3, What are your long term goals?
      4, Tell me 3 top industry that you want to work for?
      5. How will you resolve a conflict?   Answer Question

Hardware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

interview visited school interview room and had a onsite interview there. contacted through school website so I'm guessing my resume on school website give me a chance to had an interview with Amazon lab 126. There wasn't a phone interview and I had directly to onsite interview which is composed of two parts. First parts was pretty much like a pure tech interview where the engineer from the company looked through the resume of mine and asked a few questions and dived into tech questions. Second parts of interview is more like telling me what company is doing and ask something very general question such as "how to solve the team conflict during the team project if you had any... " something like that. Both of interview are assigned 90 mins (as far as I remember it correctly)

Interview Questions

• for the tech interview, the engineer asked me the question regarding Oscilloscope. More specifically he asked me if I know what is going on when Oscilloscope's frequency passed certain frequency that machine can display on the screen. If you keep turning the knob the increase the frequency, in somehow it falls into totally different phases. He asked me the explain it. (which I can not)
      and he asked me about Fourier Transform question. Basically he gave me an equation and let me transform it to meet the spec.

second parts of the interview is more in comfortable environment. It was all general questions you can think of in any company interview.   Answer Question

Global Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process was well organized and completed in 2 weeks from the initial contact. Phone screen by hiring manager followed by a full day on-site (consists of 7 round of interview).

Interview Questions

• 60%+ of the questions are behavioral questions based on the Amazon 14 leadership principles.   1 Answer
    • Why you want to join Amazon?   Answer Question
    • What are your strength and weaknesses? What can you bring to the team and what are the areas that have improvement opportunities?   Answer Question
    • Job function related questions: How do you deal with shortages? How do you validate whether supplier is telling the truth about a shortage situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your current role and what team do you interact with?   Answer Question
    • What questions do you have for the interviewer? All interviewers leave time for you to ask questions so be prepared for different questions for different interviewers.   Answer Question

Operations Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

30mins phone screen with recruiter and hiring manager, followed by total of 8 interviewers for half day on-site.
    the only positive: HR was hands down amazing; extremely responsive, helpful, respectful, polite. Overall process took ~2 weeks due to HR's prompt and smooth execution.
    the negatives:
    -repetitive basic behavioral/principle questions, one person after the other-it was mind numbing .
    -no breaks in between, quick and late 20-30mins lunch
    -one interviewer came obviously unprepared, took 5-10mins to go over my resume to then again ask the same questions as the others
    - PM roles/responsibilities are limited at Lab126, you focus on one component or one step of an entire product cycle-you have a dedicated PM for each step of the release (mind numbing) no room for real growth unless you move around.
    -highlight of the day: one of the hiring manager was rude, disrespectful and extremely full of himself; I was close to walking out. Knowing he just recently got promoted, it made me realize the type of people Lab126 promote -left me with the worst and disgusted overall impression of this company.
    >>>overall plan for the best, but be prepared for the worst and a wasted day

Wireless Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied to close to 10-15 jobs online later I was called by HR to schedule phone interview with hiring manager for a different position other that those 15 applied ones. Phone Interview with hiring manager went well but didnt receive an offer.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Very unprofessional and unplesant candidate experience.

1. interview 1: One technical phone screen with dev via shared white board. Couple of coding questions. Interview went well. Recruiter didn't respond back. So, after couple days, I followed up with her just to find out that the position was already filled. But, the recruiter was nice and introduced me to another recruiter via email who had open role on her team similar to what I was looking for. I got in touch with the second recruiter and got tech phone screen scheduled.

2. interview 2: Two technical phone screens with dev's via shared white board. Couple of coding questions and testing scenario questions. Interviews went well. Recruiter didn't respond back. So, after couple days, I followed up with her just to find out that the position, too was already filled. This recruiter also introduced me to another recruiter via email who probably had open role on her team similar to what I was looking for. I got in touch with the third recruiter and got tech phone screen scheduled. This time I made sure to update the third recruiter regarding my previous two experiences and that she should expedite the process. She agreed and a tech phone screen was scheduled.

3. interview 3: Technical phone screen was scheduled during am. I never got a phone call from the interviewer on the scheduled day/time. I kept waiting for 15 minutes and later I emailed the recruiter/coordinator asking what was going on. After 15 minutes the coordinator replied back with a statement, 'The interviewer ran into a last minute conflict, so we will have to reschedule.' Really??

I was taken by a big surprise that there was no process or policy in place to handle such cases, neither did the recruiter/coordinator notified me promplty. It is interviewee's responsibility to keep following up until you get answer. These experiences talk a lot about company's culture and values in people/employees, unprofessional practices, and may be bureaucracy/politics running in the system.

SDE1 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 2 coding challenges, then a phone interview. 1st coding challenge is bug fixing and 2nd coding challenge is writing actual algorithms. Both coding challenges only have three languages offered, C, C++ and Java. Phone interview was only 1 technical question and a few non-technical questions with an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you did recently and what challenges you faced and how you solved them.   Answer Question