Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.2

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a R&D position. Research and develop Kindle product and Analysis.
    Received an email for 126 lab. Schedule a interview on the next day
    Get a call about 30 mins for 5 questions, 2 questions are general, 3 questions are technical.
    The questions are average and not that bad, if you have a skill, you should answer those questions.

Interview Questions

• How to measure time to fill a page if customer gives a Kindle?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiter gave wrong time and date to the interviewer and i got called at a bad time (during a meeting with my current job). The interviewer was a wannabe indian guy. He picked up a problem which he himself did not know the solution.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming (return longest unique substring from a large sequence of words. you need to return the substring and not the length.)   1 Answer

Hardware Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a university career fair and handed them my resume. They emailed me about a month later to schedule 4 back to back 45 minute interviews. These were the only interviews I had to do with them. They got back to me about 3 weeks later.

They asked me a couple questions about my experiences at my internships, but most of the questions were about evaluating circuits, signals, and filters.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to improve one of our existing products?   Answer Question

Hardware Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke to Amazon Lab 126 at UCLA Career Fair. About 2 weeks later I was emailed and asked to give my availability for 4 interviews (lasting about 3.5 hours with a five min break in the middle) on campus, with one week time to prepare. The interviewers were all friendly and the interviews were technical but felt more like conversations. Lab126 responded promptly about my hiring decision as well.

Interview Questions

• NDA so can't say much. But basic circuit questions and stuff on your resume.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke to a friendly recruiter at my school's job fair in early September, got contacted for a 4x45min back-to-back interviews in early October, had a week to prepare, and was told I'd hear back mid-November. The interviews were easy. I felt like I connected well with most of the interviewers. Heard back with a rejection mid-November, but didn't get any feedback, as expected from most companies nowadays. Really hard to guess how they selected the candidates they decided to pursue, and am a bit frustrated that I don't know why I didn't make the cut. Oh well, I can apply again in 6 months apparently...

Interview Questions

• Under an NDA, but the questions were very predictable.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

4 Interview rounds, 45 min each. Lasted 3 Hours. Spoke to recruiter at the career fair. Asked to interview via email. Invitation received last minute. Positive experience with younger employees. One of the older employees was very rushed. He asked behavioral questions from a book and when I asked for a min to think about the answer, he tried to move on.

Most interviewers friendly.

Interview Questions

• Mostly discussions around previous projects. Some behavioral interview questions - E.g: name one time you went outside comfort zone. Most radical thing etc.   1 Answer

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in October 2016.

Interview

A slow process that led me to believe that I was not selected from the initial phone screen. The process took almost two months from the day I submitted my resume to the final technical interview. The first phone screen took one month, one week waiting for a response, and another 10 days until the technical interview. The technical interview feels sterile, like a bad quiz show. I never received a thank you from them for my time.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that Amazon is Amazon when using their website? (Dive deep question)   Answer Question
    • What is the difference in authentication methods? (Symmetric vs Asymmetric)   Answer Question
    • What are CSS, CSRF, SQL injections? Interviewer will ask you to describe further what else can happen.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter visited a career fair on campus and gave some technical questions. If a person could not answer a question, the recruiter would have not interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a wireless charger work and how much current does it charge?   1 Answer

Sensors Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Very unprofessional process, starting from recruiter communications, then onsite interview scheduling and the team who did the interview.
    They bring people from way outside your area to judge you, not only that, they also bring undergrads with 2 yrs experience to judge a PhD applicant with 5 years experience. So outside your field (i.e. Mechanical engineer to judge and electrical engineer) plus being much less qualified and experienced than you (i.e. Undergrad with 2 yrs experience judging a PhD with 5 yrs experience). Because of this they ask questions from nowhere and mean nothing.

Interview Questions

• Mechanical properties of flex cables?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Screening by recruiter, chat with hiring manager. Fell in the trap, that they were looking for a SPECIFIC skill set, that I clearly did not have and noted to the recruiter. I am software PM and have very little hardware experience. That said, I could tell by the end of the interviewer I was not going to get a call back.

The recruiter prepped me for Amazon's 12 principles, I was prepared for them and was ready to rock it, but was not ready for the interviewer's question. In his mind, product had to be physical, regardless of owning it end to end.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you shipped product?
      Q: Have you shipped hardware products?
      Answer Question