Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

3.1

Wireless Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied to close to 10-15 jobs online later I was called by HR to schedule phone interview with hiring manager for a different position other that those 15 applied ones. Phone Interview with hiring manager went well but didnt receive an offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Instructional call with talent acquisition about the process and question types. Easy setup up of interview times and quick responses. Interview with hiring manager next, few behavioral questions asking to tell a time when you did x, y, or, z

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

After an initial call with recruiter and phone screen, the onsite was scheduled. Almost every interviewer was asking behavioral questions to check if you have their leadership principles. Leaving only 20-25 mins for a technical question in a 45 min round.

SWE Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

There was an initial recruiter call, then a technical phone screen. I did well on the phone screen and was invited to onsite, but unfortunately the situation changed on my end and I had to withdraw from the interview process on my own. One plus about Amazon is that although the initial role that the recruiter pinged me with wasn't a great fit for me, they kept my info (and tech phone screen results) on file; when a position opened up that was a better fit, I was able to skip the technical phone screen this time around and go directly to onsite.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

No one called up during first phone screen, and it was resheduled. The interviewer kept circling around one question without rephrasing his question or providing any hints before he declared that the interview was over within 10 minutes into the call.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks to schedule my first interview. It was a good experience. It lasted for 90 min. One coding question and was asked to write test cases for given scenario

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in March 2017.

Interview

Intitial one phone interview. Phone call is a screening process to check your QA knowledge and coding experience. They will ask test cases for a scenario and ask for a small script to write. Feedback was in after couple of days. I was then scheduled for an on-site interview. There were total of 5 rounds starting first with Hiring manager and SDE manager (behavioral, leadership principles). Second round was to come up with test cases, strategy for a distributed system scenario. Third round, was again coming up with test cases but this time it was with SDEII. Fourth and Fifth were apparently coding with SDET and one of them was a bar raiser.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen was more specific to test cases and a script to print the months in a text file.
      On-site round was aggressive with 5 rounds back-to-back without any break. Sorry wont be able to share questions since signed a NDA.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in March 2017.

Interview

Applied and got call promptly within 3 working days from the HR, she scheduled an initial phone call and a technical phone interview with a Recruiting Manager to move ahead in the interview rounds.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was quite honest and was willing to help by giving hints. He gave description of what they do and overview stuff then asked about my tech experience and straight away into the code.

Ques 1. Find 3rd last node in a singly linked list.
      Ques 2. System Design question, took minutes for me to understand, but interviewer was very helpful in giving me hints and the approach to the problem.   1 Answer

Video Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was straightforward, well organized. Phone screen followed by on site interview. On site started with a talk with the recruiter who did a nice job promoting the company followed by 5 or 6 individual interviews that were relaxed and cordials.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised at how narrow the interviews were. May be it was because the position was not very senior but I was expecting a much wider set of technical subjects to be discussed for an architect position. Except for the personality questions the probing was very tactical in nature looking at the existing knowledge. There were very few questions pertaining to strategy, HW/SW integration, very few open-ended questions, etc.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a college recruiter and was asked to draw a block diagram of one of my projects and explain how it works. I was encouraged to apply for the internship and was contacted in 3 weeks for an in person interview. The interview took about an hour, 30 minutes with one person and 30 minutes with another. The first 30 minute interview was mostly technical. The second 30 minute interview was more casual and behavioral. Both were conducted by engineers at amazon lab126. Some technical questions were tricky but overall average interview difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What major problems did you run into during a project and how did you deal with them?
      Do you know the amazon leadership principles? (you should read up on them)
      Draw a graph of how impedance of a capacitor/ inductor responds to frequencies from low to high.   Answer Question