Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

3.2

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Well run interview process; timely and interviewers were on time. All interviewers started their interviews off with asking me to give an overview of my background which tends to indicate they hadn't read my resume. Two interviewers actually looked as if they had just printed my resume and walked in. All interviewers, except one, took notes as I answered. For two of my interviews, there was a third party taking notes and at times seemed to be sending notes/questions to the interviewers. It was also obvious that some interviewers had read notes from the previous interviewers.....All my interviewers were senior level recruiters.....

Interview Questions

• What is your recruiting process?
      Tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss?
      Tell me about a time you helped a teammate?
      Tell me about a time you had a difficult hiring manager, what did you do, how did it work out? (They are looking for a happy story here.)
      Read over each of the leadership principles and have at least two happy examples of each from your past...;-).
      Regardless of the quality and depth of your answers they are going to dig in and ask for more.
      Although their questions may seem simplistic they are looking for fully developed and rich answers.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview by asking a coding problem which is to find the shortest path of two points in a tree.
    For the onsite interview
    first round Top k problem and implement a heap
    second round design a LFU
    third round copy a linkedlist, copy a linkedlist with random pointer and copy a graph
    forth round implement a queue and joseph problem
    fifth round level traverse a tree by fibonacci order

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Amazon first contacted me to interview for jobs in Seattle which I declined, but I did ask about roles in the Bay Area. There were openings at Lab126 on the Alexa team which were of interest so the internal recruiter introduced me to connections there. Whole process took several months. Started with two phone interviews including a hiring manager which went well, leading to an onsite interview. Onsite took 4.5 hours, consisted of a repetitive process with essentially the same questions asked by each interviewer. Amazon required a writing sample ? which was supposed to have been asked for before the onsite. The onsite conversations appeared to go well, and I provided the writing sample by the next day as requested. Now post onsite is where Amazon failed. I was given a favorable impression and told an answer would be provided within a few days. Heard nothing after submitting the writing sample, so followed up via email. Did so again after a week. Tried a third time, reaching out to the original recruiter. Nothing. Have to say after their hyper focus on Amazon's core values, which I already practice, as crucial to the interview process, the entire team failed to follow them. Left me unimpressed. I was not disappointed therefore by lack of response or an offer. Provided important perspective that mirrored what I read from others here on Glassdoor and on other sites. Some other comments, it seemed everyone was stressed, short on time, working too many hours. The facility is next to south end of Moffett field just before the entrance to Lockheed Martin, and the parking garage was designed by someone who drove a very small car as parking is crazy tight. The on campus cafeteria where we had lunch was very small, limited selection, average quality and not inexpensive. Never saw the interior offices, interviews took place in a dedicated interview center. Amazon is known for being beyond frugal, no perks. What I saw matched that view. Suggestions to Amazon, work on the interview question structure, practice what you preach in the core values, look at what other companies offer for perks.

Interview Questions

• Repeatedly asked Can you tell me
      about a time when .....?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in January 2017.

Interview

Amazon questions based on Amazon values, which once you read describe a lot of the people that work here. The interview process, however, was easy due to the interviewers' basic execution.

Interview Questions

• Based on Amazon's principles.   1 Answer

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online many months ago. Recruiter called to setup phone screening which was followed by another phone screening by an engineering manager. Once that was passed, I went to Seattle for onsite interview, which was by far the worst experience.

Amazon recruiters were super nice until you go for onsite. After that, they will leave you hanging with no feedback. It has been two months since I attended onsite. So far, HR and recruiters did not even bother to tell me the results inspiteof couple of emails and phone calls asking for the updates. "Lack of courtesy" should be added as another core value of Amazon.

Onsite interview itself was very intense. I strongly believe that most of the interviewers have no clue in what they are looking for. To add more spice to the process, none of the interviewers was a hiring manager. The questions kept coming as if their only job is to ask questions, not to listen. One of the interviewers told me that he had only one year experience as program manager. He has no clue of program management, he was asking random meaningless questions.

Interview Questions

• Every interviewer will ask standard boiler plate question -- If you have specific type of scenario, how do you handle it? For example, if you have difficult project that missed deadline, how do you handle it. If one person asks these kind of questions, that's okay. Five people, one after other, asked similar kind of hypothetical questions, non-stop.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

got a call from recruiter...then phone interview with engineer and then he called me we discuss about what we do and then directly technical question. interviewer didnt had the capability to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• check if the string is palindrome
      ex:- PooP, madAM, mom   2 Answers

who wants to join amazon.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Santa Ana, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had one coding interview, One phone call and Onsite interview. On-site interview had 4 rounds. They asked architecture, data structure and Algorithms . And It was tiring as their was no break. It was tire some but nice experience

Antenna Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I got the phone interview two days after the application submission. After the phone interview, the onsite interview is scheduled initially two weeks after the phone interview. But due to the high volume of applicants and lack of recruiting coordinators, the onsite interview is delayed and rescheduled later. The onsite interview is in the form of 6 rounds, 8 people. Questions included both technical questions and behavior questions. Most technical questions involve with the wireless system and OTA measurements. Overall it was a good interview and the interviewers are pretty good at what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• Question about architecture of transmitting and receiving wireless system. Problem analysis of doing OTA measurements. Lots of behavior questions   1 Answer

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

My resume was selected from a career fair. I was taken in to talk to 4 different employees with varying jobs within the company. They asked a wide range of questions, from product design and testing to basic engineering formulas.

Interview Questions

• Given a force at the end of a cantilever beam, what is the shear stress at the wall?   2 Answers
    • I was asked to analyze a computer mouse, and to list all the ways that it could be tested for failure/   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a R&D position. Research and develop Kindle product and Analysis.
    Received an email for 126 lab. Schedule a interview on the next day
    Get a call about 30 mins for 5 questions, 2 questions are general, 3 questions are technical.
    The questions are average and not that bad, if you have a skill, you should answer those questions.

Interview Questions

• How to measure time to fill a page if customer gives a Kindle?   Answer Question