Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.2

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard process - HR phone screen, hiring manager phone interview, in-person interview. Overall, it was a very positive experience. Everyone I meet with was open, friendly and clearly cared about working there. The interviewers were from multiple departments and different disciplines in the company. They don't give any feedback afterwards but that is fairly standard these days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult/unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager, Industrial Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A little rocky. It was clear they had a well-planned process but it was around a holiday and not everyone could meet in person. Interview with one person was changed 4 times and I didn't end up meeting with the person at all. Another thought we were meeting in person but it was by phone. I like the idea of a behavioral interview, but the execution was a bit pretentious and hard to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• What have I done that I didn't have time to plan for?
      What simple thing have I done that made a huge positive difference?

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is very well organised and i had a pleasant experience giving interview here.All the members that i met on the interview date were cooperative and that helps a lot to perform well

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions are asked
      Tic Tac Toe game alongwith Test cases
      Finding first non repeating character in a string array
      Time Complexity for the programs
      Test cases for pen
      Test cases for e-reader
      Test Plan for e-reader
      Test cases related to touch screen device
      There were two puzzles but approach matters more than the correct answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were all very nice, but the process was long. The interview lasted about 4 hours and I met with 5 different people in roles all related to the position. Overall it was a good experience.

Computer Vision Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First, a recruiter wrote me email asking me good time for a phone call. She called me on one time slot I suggested. The call was about 10min. She asked my current status, whether i would like to relocate, and so on.

The second call was about technical test. It was about an hour. He asked me about my previous experience, also tested me basic knowledge in image processing and denoising. There was an online coding test in last 10 minutes. I can answer most questions. However, most of the time I had to ask him repeat his questions. I couldn't understand him very well for his English has an accent that I don't get used to.

Lab Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Incredibly tough and intimidating. It is literally designed to be impossible for all but the most elite undergraduate interns. I feel like I would be more prepared after completing grad work (even though this is an undergrad internship).

Interview Questions

• I'm under a NDA for the actual question. The process is similar. They give you an algorithm of a semi-complex data structure that would normally pass for most senior dissertations, and ask you to optimize it to near O(n+2). It's difficult and I believe it is intended to intimidate and paralyze in order to weed out applicants.   Answer Question

Software Eng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me initially, had a technical phone interview with an engineer followed by an onsite. Things went smoothly and folks were friendly. Glad I got another offer as I heard this was an extremely hectic and hostile environment with high turnover rate. The behavioral questions easily gave that away.

Interview Questions

• Quite a few behavioral questions to test if you can handle an extremely hectic and hostile work environment   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

The phone interview by seatle office stood me up twice. Just told me had to reschdule no more than 15 minutes before the interview. And I was told "the interviewer has emergency....". I solved the coding problem during the third interview but still got rejected.

Interview Questions

• OOD: Design tables in restaurant.
      Division without division operator.

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen with hiring manager followed by on site with six people. The interview was reasonable but very tiring. Each interviewer had one hour and all six were continuous without breaks.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied Online, recruiter contacted and scheduled a phone interview. Started with current job responsibilities , followed by technical round on Unix and scripting , followed by describing test plan, test cases for a particular scenario

Interview Questions

• generic questions on unix like running processes, find text files
      write a test plan for sample product
      behavioral questions