Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

3.1

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

4 Interview rounds, 45 min each. Lasted 3 Hours. Spoke to recruiter at the career fair. Asked to interview via email. Invitation received last minute. Positive experience with younger employees. One of the older employees was very rushed. He asked behavioral questions from a book and when I asked for a min to think about the answer, he tried to move on.

Most interviewers friendly.

Interview Questions

• Mostly discussions around previous projects. Some behavioral interview questions - E.g: name one time you went outside comfort zone. Most radical thing etc.   1 Answer

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in October 2016.

Interview

A slow process that led me to believe that I was not selected from the initial phone screen. The process took almost two months from the day I submitted my resume to the final technical interview. The first phone screen took one month, one week waiting for a response, and another 10 days until the technical interview. The technical interview feels sterile, like a bad quiz show. I never received a thank you from them for my time.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that Amazon is Amazon when using their website? (Dive deep question)   Answer Question
    • What is the difference in authentication methods? (Symmetric vs Asymmetric)   Answer Question
    • What are CSS, CSRF, SQL injections? Interviewer will ask you to describe further what else can happen.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter visited a career fair on campus and gave some technical questions. If a person could not answer a question, the recruiter would have not interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a wireless charger work and how much current does it charge?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through campus job board. Had an on campus day of interviewing for full time. It was 4 45 mins interviews. The first interviewer was cool. He was super casual and we ended up having a longer than 45 minute interview. Other interviews were the correct length but slightly late starting due to backed up interviews.

Interview Questions

• Pick an IOT system you've seen on the market. Tell me how you'd design a clone of it?   Answer Question

Sensors Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Very unprofessional process, starting from recruiter communications, then onsite interview scheduling and the team who did the interview.
    They bring people from way outside your area to judge you, not only that, they also bring undergrads with 2 yrs experience to judge a PhD applicant with 5 years experience. So outside your field (i.e. Mechanical engineer to judge and electrical engineer) plus being much less qualified and experienced than you (i.e. Undergrad with 2 yrs experience judging a PhD with 5 yrs experience). Because of this they ask questions from nowhere and mean nothing.

Interview Questions

• Mechanical properties of flex cables?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Screening by recruiter, chat with hiring manager. Fell in the trap, that they were looking for a SPECIFIC skill set, that I clearly did not have and noted to the recruiter. I am software PM and have very little hardware experience. That said, I could tell by the end of the interviewer I was not going to get a call back.

The recruiter prepped me for Amazon's 12 principles, I was prepared for them and was ready to rock it, but was not ready for the interviewer's question. In his mind, product had to be physical, regardless of owning it end to end.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you shipped product?
      Q: Have you shipped hardware products?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in September 2016.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview which lasted for 90 minutes.Interviewer was very immatured and asked me 2 programming questions..interviewer expected me to start coding the program the moment he gave me the question ..by typing the code on a shared link..which was accessible by the interviewer and me.I feel telephonic round should be treated as a screenign question and not a place where the programmer throws 2 tough programs and expects u to code the next second....in the shared screen.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard process - HR phone screen, hiring manager phone interview, in-person interview. Overall, it was a very positive experience. Everyone I meet with was open, friendly and clearly cared about working there. The interviewers were from multiple departments and different disciplines in the company. They don't give any feedback afterwards but that is fairly standard these days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult/unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is very well organised and i had a pleasant experience giving interview here.All the members that i met on the interview date were cooperative and that helps a lot to perform well

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions are asked
      Tic Tac Toe game alongwith Test cases
      Finding first non repeating character in a string array
      Time Complexity for the programs
      Test cases for pen
      Test cases for e-reader
      Test Plan for e-reader
      Test cases related to touch screen device
      There were two puzzles but approach matters more than the correct answer   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager, Industrial Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A little rocky. It was clear they had a well-planned process but it was around a holiday and not everyone could meet in person. Interview with one person was changed 4 times and I didn't end up meeting with the person at all. Another thought we were meeting in person but it was by phone. I like the idea of a behavioral interview, but the execution was a bit pretentious and hard to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• What have I done that I didn't have time to plan for?
      What simple thing have I done that made a huge positive difference?   Answer Question