Amazon Lab126 Product Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Lab126 Product Design Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

My resume was selected from a career fair. I was taken in to talk to 4 different employees with varying jobs within the company. They asked a wide range of questions, from product design and testing to basic engineering formulas.

Interview Questions

• Given a force at the end of a cantilever beam, what is the shear stress at the wall?   2 Answers
  • I was asked to analyze a computer mouse, and to list all the ways that it could be tested for failure/   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon Lab126

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke to a friendly recruiter at my school's job fair in early September, got contacted for a 4x45min back-to-back interviews in early October, had a week to prepare, and was told I'd hear back mid-November. The interviews were easy. I felt like I connected well with most of the interviewers. Heard back with a rejection mid-November, but didn't get any feedback, as expected from most companies nowadays. Really hard to guess how they selected the candidates they decided to pursue, and am a bit frustrated that I don't know why I didn't make the cut. Oh well, I can apply again in 6 months apparently...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

4 Interview rounds, 45 min each. Lasted 3 Hours. Spoke to recruiter at the career fair. Asked to interview via email. Invitation received last minute. Positive experience with younger employees. One of the older employees was very rushed. He asked behavioral questions from a book and when I asked for a min to think about the answer, he tried to move on.

Most interviewers friendly.

Interview Questions

• Mostly discussions around previous projects. Some behavioral interview questions - E.g: name one time you went outside comfort zone. Most radical thing etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

2 recruiters contact me via linkedin, and I responded to one of them. Then had a short call with the recruiter via phone, and later he arranged a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview with HM went pretty good, he asked most technical questions and I responded well enough that the HM mentioned they would bring me to a F2F interview ASAP. I went to their Cupertino office for the onsite after a business trip on a Friday, and Lab126 prepared all the hotel and flight booking for me. On-site was a common tech company style, I interviewed 5 or 6 people from different group, each one had about 45 minutes and also had a lunch with the HM. Interview was not hard, they are very interested in how my current employer doing design, and seemed it went pretty well again.
    The HR lady promised that they will make a decision in a week.
    One week later, she called and told me the feedback was very good, I would receive the official offer from email very soon.
    Everything happened until that Friday was pretty professional, though there's a lot bad reviews about Lab126, I was going to ignore them all.
    However, things happened after that date make me have NO desire to associate with this company for ever!

I was waiting to see the offer from the HR lady, however it never comes.... I was having tight communication with her, at the beginning she said the HM was having a emergency trip to China, so the offer would signed when he get back....
    Two weeks later, she told me HM is back, just need a couple of days to finish the offer...
    Another week past, she told me HM signed the offer, now waiting for the Sr. Director to sign....
    One week later, she said they need a little more time ...
    After that, the HR called maybe one or two times and then never heard back from her again. But, I was not expecting to receive it anyway and decided to accept another offer from another company...

After about 5 months of the interview (early 2015 by then), I received a call from the recruiter, he explained to me what happened - it was because Amazon hardware performed so bad in 2014, the top decided to frozen hiring. And, he told me they are planning the head count for 2015, and my position was 1st priority, he wanted to check if I still had interest - I answered I wanted to see the offer first. Interestingly enough, I noticed from his Linkedin profile that he left Amazon just 1 week after the call.... Of course, I never receive any updates since then.

Amazon Lab126 still owes me the travel reimbursement for the onsite, since my recruiter left and the HR lady was not responding, I don't think I will ever get that back....

Overall, Amazon is very unprofessional for hiring process, wasted me a lot of time, not even a company worth to talk to anymore. They are also having notoriously bad culture and bad reputation, I'm glad I did not receive the final piece at the end.

Interview Questions

• development cycle and process....how to perform certain tests...   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Got interview right after our school's career fair. Then did a 45 min long on campus interview, while half behavior and half technical. Asked question like how is kindle&macbook air manufactured, stain-stress plot, and several question about my previous research projects. Felt nervous and threw away this opportunity, shame on me.

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in April 2013.

Interview

In a tiny room. 5 to 8 people, easy. Not too difficult. Some basic stuff. Maybe one brain teaser. Some boring stuff as well. Some typical HR related questions.

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Applied through school recruiting system as well as on official website as instructed. Was contacted later to schedule an interview with a few given time slots. Replied promptly with availability and was later told that all time slots were filled and I would not be interviewed. Later was told to provide availability for a phone interview for the following week. Again replied promptly with availability, but never heard back again. Never dealt with any companies like this before. Most negative interview experience ever.