Amazon Lab126 Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Lab126 Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Amazon first contacted me to interview for jobs in Seattle which I declined, but I did ask about roles in the Bay Area. There were openings at Lab126 on the Alexa team which were of interest so the internal recruiter introduced me to connections there. Whole process took several months. Started with two phone interviews including a hiring manager which went well, leading to an onsite interview. Onsite took 4.5 hours, consisted of a repetitive process with essentially the same questions asked by each interviewer. Amazon required a writing sample ? which was supposed to have been asked for before the onsite. The onsite conversations appeared to go well, and I provided the writing sample by the next day as requested. Now post onsite is where Amazon failed. I was given a favorable impression and told an answer would be provided within a few days. Heard nothing after submitting the writing sample, so followed up via email. Did so again after a week. Tried a third time, reaching out to the original recruiter. Nothing. Have to say after their hyper focus on Amazon's core values, which I already practice, as crucial to the interview process, the entire team failed to follow them. Left me unimpressed. I was not disappointed therefore by lack of response or an offer. Provided important perspective that mirrored what I read from others here on Glassdoor and on other sites. Some other comments, it seemed everyone was stressed, short on time, working too many hours. The facility is next to south end of Moffett field just before the entrance to Lockheed Martin, and the parking garage was designed by someone who drove a very small car as parking is crazy tight. The on campus cafeteria where we had lunch was very small, limited selection, average quality and not inexpensive. Never saw the interior offices, interviews took place in a dedicated interview center. Amazon is known for being beyond frugal, no perks. What I saw matched that view. Suggestions to Amazon, work on the interview question structure, practice what you preach in the core values, look at what other companies offer for perks.

Interview Questions

• Repeatedly asked Can you tell me
    about a time when .....?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon Lab126

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Screening by recruiter, chat with hiring manager. Fell in the trap, that they were looking for a SPECIFIC skill set, that I clearly did not have and noted to the recruiter. I am software PM and have very little hardware experience. That said, I could tell by the end of the interviewer I was not going to get a call back.

The recruiter prepped me for Amazon's 12 principles, I was prepared for them and was ready to rock it, but was not ready for the interviewer's question. In his mind, product had to be physical, regardless of owning it end to end.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you shipped product?
      Q: Have you shipped hardware products?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

Easy and straighforward.

But you will never know how you performed in any of the Amazon interviews. HR will just send a email letting you know that they would continue with other candidates. So, basically no FeedBack at all. Thaat is the downside of interview with Amazon which kind of resonate with the fact that (based on many interviwes reviews) the company does not care for your career develoment. Lack of feedback!

Interview Questions

• What are you currently working on?
      Why do you want to move/change your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Seattle, WA) in April 2009.

Interview

The usual 1+2+6

Interview Questions

Negotiation

RSUs and Sign on Bonus are the only things negotiable