Amazon Lab126 Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Step 1 Phone interview with HR
Step 2 Phone interview with Hiring Manager
Step 3 On site interview with the entire team starting 9am to 5pm. after 25 days

Phone interviews were purely about my resume
I am a Program Manager with start-up and they called me for systems engineer position
Onsite was hardcore...technical question, business side questions, strategy

How to create test plan for kindle like devices?
Solved couple of EE questions
Mathematical question. Challenged the statistician and proved him wrong. (I have a MS in Aerospace)
Also Found bugs in kindle that they could not..they were not happy as i found faults in the testing plan.
I convinced them i am bringing more than what they require.

They judge you on your technical skills, interpersonal skills, if you are a good team player.

On-site was a test on pure endurance to see if i can perform under stress..i guess i did a great job.

I noticed ppl who were interviewing me were unaware of what position they were interviewing me for. Not COOL!!!

Some of the teammates has language barriers as they could not ask questions correctly but were technically strong.

They treated me really well. Flights hotels, Personal chef made food ( interview was so grilling cudnt eat anything for 9 hours)

Great experience. Offered great pay as well.
Kindle was desperate to convert 500 ppl team to 2000.

End result : Reject :( Reason being over qualified which i agree as is a threat to the hiring manager.

But lot of innovation is going on so i wouldnt have minded taking up that job.

Interview Questions

• find the shortest resistance path for a 1ohm cube   1 Answer
  • weakness, strength, where do you see yourself in 5 yrs normall HR questions   1 Answer