Amazon Lab126 Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got the phone interview pretty fast. After about 1 week got the onsite interview. There were 6 rounds of interviews. All related to algorithms. Mostly Easy/Medium on LeetCode.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon Lab126

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview by asking a coding problem which is to find the shortest path of two points in a tree.
    For the onsite interview
    first round Top k problem and implement a heap
    second round design a LFU
    third round copy a linkedlist, copy a linkedlist with random pointer and copy a graph
    forth round implement a queue and joseph problem
    fifth round level traverse a tree by fibonacci order

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiter gave wrong time and date to the interviewer and i got called at a bad time (during a meeting with my current job). The interviewer was a wannabe indian guy. He picked up a problem which he himself did not know the solution.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming (return longest unique substring from a large sequence of words. you need to return the substring and not the length.)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in November 2015.

Interview

First round is a technical phone screen with a guy who is very arrogant. The guy has a strong accent. I work with ppl from all over the world (Scotland, India, Russia) very well with no problem understanding them, but I have to try hard to understand this guy's accent and beg for repeat quite a few times, and he seems a little offended. I was given a coding question to solve on an online collaborating website. I solved it quickly, but when I explain the code to him, he couldn't understand. I tried explain to him using test data to go through the code, but he kept interrupting me and saying he didn't understand. I've never felt being tired talking before in my life. Then he let me put my code in IDE and test(I wrote in java) and he would do the same thing on his end. I felt relieved honestly cause we don't need to talk for a moment. At last I think he saw my code gave the correct output, because he didn't tangle on this problem any more, but jumped to the next question, after a long silence. After two days I got the reject email.

Interview Questions

• Given a string print all permutations and some other basic knowledge questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews. Followed by onsite interview. Prepare data structures thoroughly - heaps, trees, linkedlists. Get your string manipulations done too. They test out your problem solving technique. Besides whiteboard coding, they also asked about modeling an airport. One of the interviewers was more intent on stalling and interrupting me than listening to my solution. That was the only harrowing part of the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Interview

contacted through linkedin, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, 1 on site (7 hours with 45min interview each hour), then offer sent within 3 days. The whole process is pretty fast. Then goes salary negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was invited to oncampus interviews. There, they were interviewing many other candidates for software, hardware, and other positions. I was interviewed in a large room along with all the other candidates. It was very odd since usually, interviews I've been in are conducted in a single room without distractions. I didn't like that anyone could basically hear what I was saying to my interviewer and vice-versa. I interviewed with 3 engineers. The questions weren't hard but the engineers wouldn't tell you anything they actually worked on. I guess I did well enough because they asked me for one last phone interview. I thought I did well too but I eventually did not get an offer and they did not explain why.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in June 2011.

Interview

Interview took about 40 min and consisted of technical questions. Interviewer seemed interested in determining range of knowledge. I thought it went ok. No feedback from them or any response after almost a week.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in May 2011.

Interview

I've had one phone interview by hiring manager about 45mins long. The questions ranged from technical to general work preferences (in that order).

Interview Questions

• What is a static function? What is a static variable?   Answer Question
    • What is a virtual destructor and why would you use it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in November 2010.

Interview

I submitted resume at career fair. They set up phone interview which went good. The interviewer asked me to mail my school project code.