Amazon Interview Questions in Lexington-Fayette, KY | Glassdoor

1.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

A lot of questions about situations that I have feeling they care more about answers on questions ( you could learn them before the interview) than about real job situations... for protw/security job having interview with some of IT process mngrs instead of asset protection or director of security is ridiculous

Interview Questions

• Time when you reached the goal and went over it? What did you do?   Answer Question

Fufillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

There was no interview. I applied, within 2 hours got an email saying I was hired, and that I would receive an email that would give me a day to go to a staffing agency and take my drug test.
    I passed, then got an orientation date.

Customer Returns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy walk-in interview process, friendly supervisors around to help. Step by step process that is easily walked through. You go from computers for filling out applications, if you haven't already done so online, and then you watch an informal video of Amazon while you wait for an interview and have your picture taken for your very important unique badge.

Interview Questions

• Are you physically capable of standing/walking for 10-12 hour shifts?   Answer Question

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

You are hired through Integrity Staffing who takes you through a step by step process of applying. You take a test on a computer and must pass to go to the next step, you fill out your information and then watch a video about Amazon and the different positions before you are interviewed and drug tested. They tell you the available schedules and positions and set up an orientation date and start date.

Interview Questions

• If I was physically capable of doing the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Shipping Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview is very basic you fill out a questionnaire online. That's it. Amazon usually hires temps so there is no interview process per say. if you direct hire there is a basic interview you get at the hiring event. The biggest thing about getting hired or not is your drug test or criminal background.

Interview Questions

• once you are hired on all interviews after that will use the star method. Star method is situational questions.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency that Amazon works with to provide temporary labor for their "peak" period. This period is usually starts at the end of October or early November and ends after Christmas. The temp agency has every thing well organized and took you through some pre employment testing to see if you have the basic competencies that may be required at the Warehouse. After those tests were taken and you have submitted all of your proper documentation you can either be hired on the spot and given a start date or if they don't need you yet you will be notified when they will need you. There was never an interview just passing the skills test and watching a video that tells you what to expect. It was a pretty cut and dried process

Interview Questions

• It was a very easy process. No real interview you talked with a person that discussed your schedule and work assignment preference.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not able to negotiate at all. they said here is the hourly wage you will be starting at. any questions?

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a phone screen that went terrible. Military recruiter said I had great content; however, the delivery was not the best. Went to interview and tour LEX2 and was offered position 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Amazon wants to hear about how you took a process and made it easier and more efficient. They are all about "new" ideas. Data driven and goal oriented are a must. Understand how to allocate labor based on Units per hour.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very easy, almost no interview, take a saliva drug test and a background check, if all comes back, you're hired. You will work for a staffing agency in most cases and then when you convert to full-time, you will interview with someone you already know in the department you already work in. Its easy to get hired, both good and bad, easy to get a job, bad because there is basically no filtering.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself working here in 5 years?   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2012.

Interview

very quick-they didnt ask for job refrences or a resume-just needed bodies for peak season coming up. The entire process tool anout 1.5 hours... You had to watch a video after filling info. out on a computer and taking a very quick test-then a face to face interview . They gave a date for orientation at a hotel, and after that , there was a start date..easy as pie!

Interview Questions

• Have you worked at Amazon before?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

very easy process, basic questions and drug test