Amazon Manager Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.3

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The questions were all very similar to what one would expect after reviewing in detail all the questions posted by folks in the past. Recommendation would be not to get flustered, be confident, and show energy all the way through. I had to provide a two page writing sample which did take me quite a bit of time to write. Practice follow up questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR followed by peer interview. Peer review was very strange as the interviewer had to change rooms and restart the call multiple times and seemed distracted for the majority of the call. Provided feedback to HR on how strange the interview went and they were responsive and thankful for it.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate the profitability of Amazon Prime?   Answer Question
    • How would you decide between lease vs buy for large capital investments?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email to inquire if I was interested in learning about a role. I was. She set up a time to talk further. She cancelled our commitment five times. I thought this is so unprofessional. If she is not interested anymore she should say so. I decided I had enough. A few weeks later she called back and we talked. I ended up talking to the hiring manager who I thought was just as arrogant and cold as the recruiter. I decided this is not the place for me regardless of their opinion.

Interview Questions

• all behavioral type questions. They really didn't focus on skills or systems used.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviews started with 'walk me through your resume,' and a few questions from a resume. Then interviewers jumped into case interviews. I had two interviews in a row for 30 minutes each. Interviewers tried to be friendly.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to persuade senior managers if the prime membership should be increased for revenue maximization.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

5 sessions of 45 minutes each. 2 at first were the same day they decide wether you pass to the next round and 2 days after you have the excel case followed by two 45 interviews. The interviews consisted on Behavioral/mini case/excel modeling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an occasion where you did something nobody asked you to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

A phone screen. Generic conversation about the position including staff and management. The interviewer provided an overview of her work experience, and then asked questions about my resume. Then she asked some analytical questions about fixed and variable costs, and how to determine order quantity.

Interview Questions

• Fixed versus Variable cost structure and break even analysis   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email right away wanting to complete a phone interview. Phone interview was within 2 days. If got pass the first phone interview then there was to be another phone interview and then a trip to headquarters. The first phone interview lasted 45 minutes. Presented the job and then asked several questions. Gave me time to ask questions about the company and position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

The original job description was actually fairly open when considered against how specific the eventual interview was. Questions were however, fairly generic and matched up pretty well with the leadership skills, qualities, values and competencies of the company. Really made sense in hindsight, so can not complain about the process itself. Overall, the interview process is positive if you have correct experiences to refer to and build on.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Great interview team and discussed details about the culture, environment and what to expect. Managers also discussed the challenges facing Amazon everyday.

Full days of interviews back to back with times for breaks. Atmosphere seems fast pace, aggressive, and challenging.

I was able to meet with a variety of managers and learn about their experience and businesses.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions which is similar to most interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (South Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Unorganized. And hiring managers didnt get resumes in time for first review. most managers read the resume in the interview. this was a disapointment for such a fast growing company who looks very closely about who they hire.