Amazon Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, full day 6hr in person interview with 7 different people. Some of the in-person interviews were actually done over video conference as the team is spread throughout the country.

Interview Questions

• What is the most inventive thing you've done?   1 Answer
  • What is a time you've had difficulty with a peer and how did you handle?   Answer Question
  • What is a time you went above and beyond for a peer when you didn't have to?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Overall, it was a very efficient interview process. From the time I was first contacted about the position to when I heard back after the interview, it was a total of 3 weeks. I appreciated that I only had to go into the office one time and was able to meet with several different people.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. After I confirmed I am interested in the opening she went ahead and got an interview for me, a coordinator was involved for scheduling . This was when the bad part came in - i replied to the coordinator that i would have a work meeting at the time scheduled and asked for a reschedule. I didn't receive any response until the day of interview and i was simply assuming that she was still working with the interviewer for a new time. I was wrong, the interviewer called me at the time and apparently the interviewer had not been notified about my unavailability. I had to follow up for a reschedule. While I was waiting to be interviewed on the new date, I was told the position had been filled. They provided another similar position to interview me. It took about 7 weeks to finally got interviewed and I have already done all three rounds interviews with another company while waiting for Amazon to interview me. Most STAR questions, but I am kind of losing interest in Amazon after this experience.....I liked Amazon so much....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time how you did a root cause analysis.   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Remote, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Friendly and informal -- they explained all the steps well and gave plenty of heads up before appointments were made. Overall, it felt pretty comfortable for an interview and I was really impressed with the staff and interactions.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to be prepared and do some research on the position and ask them questions, too.   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2018.

Interview

Phone only interview. Had to follow up to get result. Only soft skills were discussed from my experience.challenging situation from project, what you brought to it. Did not get selected so not sure about next rounds.

Interview Questions

• Challenging situation from project experience   Answer Question
    • What you brought to it, how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter for a manager position at AWS. Did two phone screens with recruiting team, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, 1 phone interview with hiring manager's manager, was contacted by recruiter saying the position I interviewed for was filled but another was open and they saw a fit. Had a prep session with the recruiter for in-person interviews. Completed a writing test which was answering yet another interview question. Flew to Seattle for about 8 hours of interviews (most 1:1), but final hour was panel of 3. Most interviewers requested that I do not send a thank you email. Sent thank you notes to those who didn't ask me not to send one. Never heard back from recruiters, HR, or anyone following all of that. Never got my parking, food expenses reimbursed. It was a grueling process. Most of the team was very pleasant. I was impressed with the energy that goes into interviewing candidates and the way they prep you. I was unimpressed that after the time and resources both they and I invested in the process no one followed up. I reached out afterwards, but never got any reply.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a risk and it didn't work out, you had negative results, and how you handled it.

For the most part...all of their questions came from their corporate leadership principles. I had prepped to be able to address most of these, but in the final interview of the day with 3 people, one particular interviewer was much more negative and antagonistic than anyone else had been. He kept asking the above question even though I had already answered. In addition, I was pretty exhausted after 8 hours of in-person interviewing, so...   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

Six interviews in one day, all behavioral; Tell me about a time. They seem very ridgidly stuck to their process and don't really seem to have the ability to step outside of this process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were wrong.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Received email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview with the scenarios of how was going to interview (only First Name was provided per their policy) and what I would need to prepare for the phone interview with the set of questions would be focused. Well, the interview was done with a different person, and sets of questions provided by the recruiter never came up. I was able to pass the first phone interviewed and the different recruiter contacted me for the F2F interview. Again, sets of potential questions were provided and also asked to do the presentation for possible business strategy/ideas for Amazon from past companies I worked. However, the presentation never took place, and interviewers were not well organized. I waited 30 mins before the interview started. It seemed many disconnections between the hiring department and recruiters. Also, I mentioned my current salary range when I talked with the recruiter so that we would not have a considerable gap before the F2F, however, their salary range was very low compared with similar roles in other companies.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Leadership principle based questions. About 5-6 interviewers, one at a time, roughly 45 minutes each, in the same room. Lunch offered. The interviewer had ready questions. Expected short but complete answer that went technically deep but still easy to understand for people not familiar with the subject.

Interview Questions

• Examples from your work that establish your alignment with Amazon leadership principles   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Their interview process is ridiculous, 3 phone interviews, an "interview prep" call, then the actual in person interview. One of my interview sessions was with two people that couldn't answer my questions and expressed they had no real interaction with the role I was interviewing for so I have no idea why they were there. Overall, I would recommend stay as far away as you can from this crappy company. If this is how they treat prospective employees, I can only imagine how badly they treat their actual employees.