Amazon Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2016

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I shouldn't have been in the process if they knew upfront that they couldn't meet my salary requirements that I clearly communicated multiple times. It was a complete waste of my time, waste of their money and waste of energy that frustrated me because as a potential employee they didn't take into consideration me.

Interview Questions

Their idea of compensation isn't in line with the industry. Their CEO needs to revamp his idea on how to compensate his current employees and possible future employees.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

You will have to answers questions about how you manage different situations, then you will have a phone interview, and then a math problem, and you are timed while taking this test and asked these questions.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a situation if two associates were arguing and getting hostile.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2015.

Interview

HR scheduled phone interview, then missed it. I emailed her back to ask whether she wanted to reschedule and still consider me, she replied after two days and rescheduled it. Then she missed the interview again. It is really not professional, this HR is wasting my time. I think she changed her mind after sending out the first email or something happened. I am surprised that this kind of thing can happen in Amazon.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. Not too difficult and nothing special from what I could tell.

The process was basic with an initial phone screen, followed by a few more phone interviews, then an in person interview. They utilize a standard bar raiser interview system.

Interview Questions

• Explain the Linux boot process.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter about a week after applying online and set up a phone interview for the following week. Interview was fairly standard... asked me to walk through resume, described the role in more detail, asked basic interview questions.

Be sure to discuss how your skills and background fit into their leadership principles. The interviewer specifically said, "the fact that you already landed an interview means we think you're smart and can do the job. I'm more interested in whether your leadership style fits with us." He also mentioned that for the Manager level and above they look for "Bar Raisers" meaning that every new hire needs to raise the bar for that role across the organization. They are looking for people who can come in on day 1 and perform better than 50% of the people already doing that job. It's a solid measurement tool for an organization that's growing at such a rapid pace, but it also means that you may take a lower title than where you are now based on how you rank.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some difficult coaching opportunities with your team? How did you handle?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

You need a good resume to begin with. Be prepared for a first couple of rounds of telephonic interviews and several face to face thereafter. On the day of face to face be mentally and physically prepared for the long day. Questions are behavioral and based on leadership principles of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Usual stuff in interviews. Nice people. Very sociable. Seems like a good company to work for especially as a graduate. They are very laid back. I didn't wear a suit to both of the interviews. Business casual at most but most of the interviewers wore jeans and shorts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

two phone interviews from two different teams.

Interview Questions

• nothing really, not sure what they wanted, but the questions were normal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. During the onsite interview, the HR recruiter greeted me, followed by back to back interviews with 2 interviews, then lunch interview with hiring manager, then another 2 interviews. Each interview was intense with all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral...tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR, stating that the position I had applied for was gone but they wanted to interview me for another position. I accepted and began what I remember as a fairly lengthy interview process. I spoke with HR, then maybe a week or two later I spoke with the person who would be my manager. He seemed nice, but the interviews were over the phone and I thought it was a little weird that nobody wanted to see me in person for any of the 3 or 4 interviews that were scheduled. I did what they asked and continued to interview over the phone. We got into long conversations about their work processes which seemed very interesting and things seemed to be going well but they wound up choosing someone else after what I remember as being 2 months of doing phone interviews.