Amazon Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, phone interview, written exercise and panel interview. The phone and panel interviews were competency based, around the 14 Amazon Leadership Principles and the panel interview was 4 x back to back 45 minute sessions with 4 different interviewers. The written exercise was a 2 pager around describing the most innovative thing I have done.

Interview Questions

• When have you used data to inform a decision?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2012.

Interview

Began with a telephone screen with hiring manager who was merely attempting to confirm credentials for the role. Once that was done, the recruiter in charge got in touch and scheduled a day long set of interviews with entire team and peer to hiring manager. The interviewers were impersonal, matter-of-fact and kept cranking away on their keyboards stopping only to ask questions. Lot of the questions were behavioural and they attempted to dig into my preparation material on Amazon and if I had studied the links provided by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Amazon is trying to build warehouses for same day delivery. Tell us what would be your criteria to determine choice of warehouse.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. During the onsite interview, the HR recruiter greeted me, followed by back to back interviews with 2 interviews, then lunch interview with hiring manager, then another 2 interviews. Each interview was intense with all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral...tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2010.

Interview

There was a phone interview that was mostly performance as well as behavioral questions. After passing the 45 minute phone interview it went to an on the site interview. I was shown the facility (FC). Where I than solved a math flow problem. From there I interviewed with 2 individuals. After that, I interviewed with two more employees. I was asked to explain my math problem and how i solved it. From there they made up new numbers and problems on how to solve the problem. 5 days later I was given a contract.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the offer was generous, and in one years time I could renegotiate a new contract. There was no reason to make waves in order to earn 3-4 thousand more.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

You have to be prepared to invest pretty much time in attending all the interviews and doing the tasks that they send you beforehand. I have talked to 8 people in total, 3 were the phone screenings with top managers and other 6 on site spending a day at their office. One of these 8 interviewers was an HR person that only asked about the current salary and when could be my starting day. No other personality related questions from anybody. All they are interested into is the specific previous experience that you have related to the job in question. One of the interviews on site was a business case scenario that I was given 1 hour time to solve. Pretty challenging one.

Eventually I didn´t get the job. The overall experience is negative due to the fact that after investing so much time in meeting the people, talking time to talk on phone with them, preparing the tasks at home that they sent, all I received was an automated reply that Unfortunately I was not successful, good luck in your future career. Even though I was promised a call with feedback and final answer, as I think it should be passing through all the stages of the interview process. They also mention in that automated e-mail "Please note that at this stage of the process it is not Amazon policy to provide specific or individual feedback, we hope you understand." Well then I sincerely do not understand at what stage they do provide it, as I was told I was at the last stage of the process.

I guess Amazon does not understand that candidates are their customers as well and by providing a bad candidate experience they also damage their business and lose clients as they don´t want to help grow the business that treats that wrong.

Interview Questions

• All were related to past experiences, each interviewer was evaluating different competencies based on Amazon´s leadership principles. Normally the questions would start: Tell me a particular situation where you had to do X in order to achieve Y.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Usual stuff in interviews. Nice people. Very sociable. Seems like a good company to work for especially as a graduate. They are very laid back. I didn't wear a suit to both of the interviews. Business casual at most but most of the interviewers wore jeans and shorts.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Hiring process in Amazon in very strong. There are almost 9 rounds for each level. 3 telephonic and 5-6 onsite

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2012.

Interview

very long interview process

work profile

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2010.

Interview

initial phone interview tests problem solving skills. more problem solving skills ensue with specific technical focus. once phone screens are cleared, on-site interviews gauge candidate against core leadership principles of the company. for technical interviews, deep technical questions (think yegge).

Interview Questions

• you are designing an elevator system. describe how and what you would design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process at Amazon is intense. For multiple management roles, I've had 7-8 interviews each time. My experiences with the people has always been positive. I've been welcomed and interviewers have been engaged and interested during the process. The questions are tough and the expectations are very high. Be prepared to get outside your comfort zone in the interviews. I appreciate that the interviews push you beyond your norm as that's what working at Amazon is like.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer drew on the dry erase board and had me work through various puzzles. He wanted to see my thought process and how I work through challenging situations - was I able to think outside the box, come up with viable solutions, etc.   Answer Question